An idea for improving crafting in Galactic Strongholds

Trevor_the_Bruce

I love crafting and I am really excited that we are going to be having player houseing. I was wondering if we could ever have in the future an area in our houses that we could set up to harvest different things for crafting. Maybe we could plant one of our bio samples we procurred on a planet and bring it back to grow it in our backyard. Or have a crytal growth chamber for those with Artifice. Obviousely we'd need to limit how much we could plant/grow, but it would help crafters a lot. There would still be a benefit to traverseing planets for crafting material, as you could get more and also increase your skill level.

I also think it would be cool if you could buy some items for your house that would alow you to craft unique new items.

Just some ideas I have for future add-ons for Galactic Strongholds. Thanks Bioware for this new expansion!

I love crafting and I am really excited that we are going to be having player houseing. I was wondering if we could ever have in the future an area in our houses that we could set up to harvest different things for crafting. Maybe we could plant one of our bio samples we procurred on a planet and bring it back to grow it in our backyard. Or have a crytal growth chamber for those with Artifice. Obviousely we'd need to limit how much we could plant/grow, but it would help crafters a lot. There would still be a benefit to traverseing planets for crafting material, as you could get more and also increase your skill level.

I also think it would be cool if you could buy some items for your house that would alow you to craft unique new items.

Just some ideas I have for future add-ons for Galactic Strongholds. Thanks Bioware for this new expansion!

TBH, I'd just be happy with being able to make something that isn't trumped by a cartel market item.

What you are suggesting already exists in the way of companion crew skill missions: spend some money, wait some time, get materials.

I was thinking of something more along the line of it costing nothing, but you have to wait for the items to grow. You could still get crafting material from your crew skill missions, it would just be something exta on the side so that you could focus on getting specific materials.

And as the other person stated, it would be nice to craft more things that can't be bought on the CM.

Edited by Trevor_the_Bruce

I was thinking of something more along the line of it costing nothing, but you have to wait for the items to grow.

Keep dreaming.

Even if it came to pass, do you really think there would not be a HEFTY front end fee to unlock it?

The 1st thing i though of when i saw them introducing houses was why do we need this? surelly i must have a meaning right? i`m trully hoping for a bonus to crafting either a small 5-10% inc chance on crits or a companions craft faster while in-house or something. Heck if the house presents no bonuses to anything then whats the point of being there? if u wanted to RP having a house u could ran into any cantina or room that u can find take a screenshot while taking some good pose and call it ur place.

The 1st thing i though of when i saw them introducing houses was why do we need this? surelly i must have a meaning right? i`m trully hoping for a bonus to crafting either a small 5-10% inc chance on crits or a companions craft faster while in-house or something. Heck if the house presents no bonuses to anything then whats the point of being there? if u wanted to RP having a house u could ran into any cantina or room that u can find take a screenshot while taking some good pose and call it ur place.

Again keep dreaming, housing is just an RP/immersion thing. I honestly don't get it either, but I will be investing in it for one simple reason: legacy shared storage.

Best case I could see is another "legacy of crafting" bump; own an apartment and get another 1% to 3% increase in crit chance when crafting.

Again keep dreaming, housing is just an RP/immersion thing. I honestly don't get it either, but I will be investing in it for one simple reason: legacy shared storage.

Best case I could see is another "legacy of crafting" bump; own an apartment and get another 1% to 3% increase in crit chance when crafting.

yes shared legacy storage ok ofc i`ll love that BUT was a house around this feature really needed? NOPE they could`ve added this legacy storage thing on ur ship or the fleet so i`m gonna hope BW releases houses with some actual bonus to "something"

Edited by iDraxter