Crafting Color Crystals (and Dyes)

stethnorun

My girlfriend and I are trying to figure out if it's worth her taking Artifice or sticking with synthweaving. Basically, if it's relatively easy to be able to make colorful items (lightsaber crystals, dyes), she wants to switch. But we can't find information on how hard it is to get color schematics. Purple is her favorite color, but if that color is locked behind Cartel Coins or requires a ton amount of grinding, she'll just stick with Synthweaving (so she can at least customize her look that way).

a lot of the most popular color combos are indeed locked into the CArtel Market, including Black/Purple, and Purple/Black dyes, and crystals.... some of the simpler pure colors are available for crafting, as well as a few popular dyes (red or blue, and black) which can be learned from reputation vendors. unfortunately, most of the popular color crystals, either cannot be made, or can no longer be learned (black core).

TBH I find the dye system in SWTOR to be truly underwhelming, and too limited, even when including the CM dyes.

That said, you and she may find enough in it to be interesting, and you can use these links as a rought guide as to what's available (it's a bit out of date, but not horribly)

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/swtor-dye-modules-guide/

anything not listed as vendor, or trainer, is strictly from the cartel market

dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

(none of the black core's are reverse engineerable any more, but some poeple still have the ability to make them)

• 2 weeks later...

I have maxed out Artifice. It can be a good revenue stream if you're smart about it. That said, the crystals mentioned above I can make, well most of them, so if you need em, and were on the same server, I'd be happy to help you guys out.

Shoot some mail to Vixxes and Ill do you up some crystals on the cheap