Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Munitions Capacity Extender on a Bomber?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Munitions Capacity Extender on a Bomber?

thespis
06.23.2014 , 04:06 PM | #1
Any idea why someone would want Munition Capacity Extender on a bomber when we have an unlimited payload? It seems to serve no purpose at all so why would it even be an option?
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check out our website!

Altheran
06.23.2014 , 04:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by thespis View Post
Any idea why someone would want Munition Capacity Extender on a bomber when we have an unlimited payload? It seems to serve no purpose at all so why would it even be an option?
I assume you meant "Bombers with mines as secondary weapon", because when equipping your bomber with missiles you do have limited ammunitions... even though, Bombers seem to get a baseline extra 33%.

Verain
06.23.2014 , 08:31 PM | #3
Don't select it.

Everyone with a secondary weapon gets the same options, even though they make NO sense.

But, every bomber can at least choose an option that doesn't have infinity. You can always pick proton torpedo, for instance- every bomber has that, and it's finite.

The Type 1 Gunship (Quarrel/Mangler) has this option as well. And it has nothing but railguns as secondaries. Chew on that!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

TrinityLyre
06.23.2014 , 11:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Don't select it.
Unless you're flying a Mangler/Quarrel/VX-9. Then select it to play GSF on hard mode. Nightmare mode unavailable, because you have railguns.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

LilSaihah
06.24.2014 , 11:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by thespis View Post
Any idea why someone would want Munition Capacity Extender on anything ever
There we go.
The Ebon Hawk
Sarrina | Nazani
Erinya | Tinaria | Laife

Nemarus
06.24.2014 , 11:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
There we go.
My Cluster/Interdiction Jurgoran uses them. But those are really the only two missiles for which capacity is a limiting concern (and Clusters only fall into that group with the double-volley upgrade).
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Verain
06.25.2014 , 03:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
My Cluster/Interdiction Jurgoran uses them.
I see a different component to change out before even talking to secondaries....

I have used this mag on starguard with clusters, and pike with clusters and protons. Of the two, I actually think it has solid merit on a pike.

Though it is less popular, all the magazines are actually best at something. If you fire straight from full, you'll last longer with the max capacity one.

Still, regen is obviously mostly better!

Luneward
06.25.2014 , 06:04 AM | #8
I see a different component to change out before even talking to secondaries....
Yes, yes. Because lord forbid someone actually use a component set they think is fun while still being effective instead of being completely 'optimal'.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk

Verain
06.25.2014 , 08:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
Yes, yes. Because lord forbid someone actually use a component set they think is fun while still being effective instead of being completely 'optimal'.
People are free to screw around with crazy builds, that's fine. But if you were talking about defending a component, it being optimal on a crazy build doesn't say much.

Nemarus
06.25.2014 , 08:59 AM | #10
People are free to screw around with crazy builds, that's fine. But if you were talking about defending a component, it being optimal on a crazy build doesn't say much.
You truly lack the imagination to see how a well-shielded fighter with double-turning radius and BLC's, able to spam two short range missiles--one of which puts on a crippling slow--isn't an effective build for short-range dogfighting and satellite control?
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."