Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we limit the mouse movement when using multiple monitors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Can we limit the mouse movement when using multiple monitors?

illgot
12.05.2013 , 11:26 PM | #1
I use two monitors. One for the game, another for web sites.

Even when I have the game set to fullscreen (not windows fullscreen) my mouse cursor will move to my second screen when playing GS. It makes my flight controls a bit messy because instead of turning quickly I have to drag my mouse the equivalent of two screens to change direction.

Morien
12.09.2013 , 11:31 AM | #2
I play on 3(Nvidia surround) with borderless window. Mouse movement just keeps going and soon I will use a 3+1 screen set. Could get nasty :P I would like them to limit it as it does nothing.

ODTONE
12.09.2013 , 01:11 PM | #3
agreed i also use my second screen for teamspeak when gaming to see whos on etc,
or have a browser with crafting info, anything like that.
since i do 3d grafics and music also i need my 2 screens for the tool space when i work.
It does happen fairly often in space, trying to turn oops clicked a bit in the second screen game alt tabbed,
tab back in alive if lucky, bad luck got killed, really bad luck suicide lol...

i would also appreciate a kind of screen lock

Foambreaker
12.09.2013 , 01:22 PM | #4
Yes Paleeesse!

Better yet, joystick...
/facepalm

Keypek
12.09.2013 , 01:32 PM | #5
Yeah would be really nice. I've killed myself so many times on satellites trying to do hard banks only to click my other screen and watch my ship fly right into something and explode as I frantically try to get my mouse cursor back over and click the screen lol.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands>Star Forge
FREE play time and loot by clicking>>

Archellion
12.09.2013 , 01:38 PM | #6
Oh, extra monitors does this? Dang. That reticule should be bound within the largest circle.
SYMPHONY OF BLADES
Casual Hardcore RP/PvP
The Force is with us... so it can get into all the best clubs!
Thinking about starting SWTOR? Click my referral link for goodies.

Oteefo
12.09.2013 , 03:21 PM | #7
I switched mine to "over and under" rather than side by side.....as I tend to turn sideways most......seems to work...but taking some getting used to....
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

SlyLoki
12.10.2013 , 05:42 AM | #8
I have a 3 monitor setup (well 2 monitors and a HDTV output) and my main screen is in the center so I'm getting it on the right and left
It's a real pain trying to disable the other monitors too because I can't store the setup for them and have to rearrange and resize them all when I enable them again.
This is the only PC game I have that doesn't lock the mouse when in full screen so I wonder why the Devs never added that functionality?
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"

Argonloris
12.11.2013 , 09:17 PM | #9
This was something that was addressed during testing. There isn't a way to limit the movement of the mouse due to technical reasons. The devs did compensate for this by tightening the reticle a bit though. If you are still having issues with the mouse moving to another screen then you need to do one or two things. First stop making giant sweeping moves with your mouse. It doesn't take that much to turn in the game. Second and only if the first isn't working for you is to adjust the sensitivity of your mouse. most gaming mice have the adjustment for that on the top center of the mouse. I use two monitors myself and only run into the issue of my mouse going offscreen if I start the flight with the mouse near the screen edge already. Please try to make sure the mouse is in a general center position prior to launch of the ship.
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007

LordSerpentor
12.31.2013 , 08:26 AM | #10
Download a program call Cursor Lock see url - http://www.snakebytestudios.com/proj...s/cursor-lock/
follow its easy steps and lock your screen. ENJOY!!!!