Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sick of Matchmaking system > Self-Destruct protest

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Sick of Matchmaking system > Self-Destruct protest

Verain's Avatar


Verain
06.22.2014 , 02:38 PM | #11
Please, do this.


Everyone will report you, and your account will be banned.



It's win/win/win:

WIN (1)!! - The forums don't have to listen to you.
WIN (2)!! - Your fellow players can play without griefers trying to destroy the community
WIN (3)!! - You can go do whatever the heck you actually enjoy instead of SWTOR or GSF



Players like you make the game awful for everyone. Get banned kiddo!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Danalon's Avatar


Danalon
06.22.2014 , 07:06 PM | #12
I usually simply put people on ignore if they're flying into walls too often in a single match. Especially when we lose a match 47:50 just because one or sometimes even two people got themselves killed 10 times each. Sadly I didn't made up this story but it acutally happened.

Magira's Avatar


Magira
06.22.2014 , 07:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Danalon View Post
I usually simply put people on ignore if they're flying into walls too often in a single match.
Oh, what purpose does this have?
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

TrinityLyre's Avatar


TrinityLyre
06.22.2014 , 07:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Naz_Palehorse View Post
So.. there's a matchmaking system huh?

Seriously, how does it work?
Mike Villalobos (BioWare Q/A) explained it on SWTOR's official Twitch stream here. I have this and other popular questions answered in my compendium (see my signature).

Quote: Originally Posted by Magira View Post
Oh, what purpose does this have?
If that was done in order to block playing with a particular player, it doesn't work.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

Naz_Palehorse's Avatar


Naz_Palehorse
06.22.2014 , 09:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
Mike Villalobos (BioWare Q/A) explained it on SWTOR's official Twitch stream here. I have this and other popular questions answered in my compendium (see my signature).
Ah, cool. Thank you very much

So it looks like it doesn't really look at win rates at all, so there's nothing to account for player skill. And to the extent that it does try to make matches fair, it can't do it because there just aren't enough people playing GSF on any given server. Have they said anything about maybe making the queues cross-server so the system can sort of work, or are they resigned to pretty much every match being one sided?

I mean, it's not all bad. I've had a couple of close games out of a few dozen. But only a couple. Like.. two.

Magira's Avatar


Magira
06.23.2014 , 02:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
If that was done in order to block playing with a particular player, it doesn't work.
Yes. The only effect is that you no longer see the player in chat. That may sometimes be an advantage for your nerves, on the other hand you missed potentially important INCs.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

Verain's Avatar


Verain
06.23.2014 , 09:34 AM | #17
I ignore every player that is annoying in any way. They never have anything important to say anyway.


But no, it doesn't allow you to not get grouped with them.




On pubside the other day we witnessed THREE imperial pilots self destructing. It was the first time I'd seen such behavior on Bastion, and there was NOTHING the enemy team could do to stop it. We've actually had suiciders on our team on other servers, but we were able to carry them (lol!). But that was just one suicider at a time.


In any event, the proper thing to do is to report such a player. You can't name names on the forums, because of the concern of someone mocking up a screenshot or falsifying evidence to besmirch someone's good name- a policy I personally don't like. I think it would be much easier to permaban anyone who libels, rather than ban important speech, which is what happens outside of the video game world (aka, if you say Charlie is a crook you can go to jail for slander or libel, but if you actually have some evidence not only will he get in trouble, but you'll be praised). But this policy is universal in video games of this era, even extending to third party sites in some cases.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Lyshar's Avatar


Lyshar
06.24.2014 , 12:00 AM | #18
Suicide is so bad. People using the excuse that it's over anyway.

Guess what, next match you'll be grouped with the same people, which didn't even get the requisition to upgrade because you think killing yourself is a good idea. That's right, you punish your own team which needs the requisition more, just because you're mad at the matchmaking.

The correct protest is to report you. Or when you feel the need to do that, leave and don't return to GSF for a week at least.

Can't be lucky every time, but bad sportsmanship will just chase away potential players. And chasing those away means a smaller pool to use by the matchmaking, so more unbalanced matches.
Matchmaking doesn't work with these player numbers, needs a First In First Out method for any chance at balance and avoiding 30 minute queue times while there are constantly 24 people in space on your faction.

When things look bad I try to inspire people to still give it their all when I'm not too demotivated, getting people to still try gives them more requisition to spend. Think about that as that's the only way to enhance the chance for more balance right now, getting more people with geared up ships.

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
06.24.2014 , 05:17 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MallocV View Post
Sick of getting in Pub vs Pub or Imp vs Imp battles where either side has 5+ F2P players and the other is decked out with 5 ship players, so from this day till its fixed Im going to self destruct in team deathmatch.
i often have been in them sort of matches, but instead of rolling over i try even harder and sometimes it paid off and we won against pro teams.

you doing that is just making it certain loss for your team, what if people said any match they see you they quit not nice and just making ya self look a real dick and that comes from someone often find my self in a team of noobs.

just quit the match dont make the rest of your team pay for decision.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands