False Emperor: Can't CC Turrets on HK-47 Fight

they could be cc'd a while ago, and if they raised the enrage time on HK, I wonder if the tank sucked since we kept wiping due to enrage timer.

Yeah if everyone is alive in any fight (the entire time) at the enrage timer, then the tank and healer are not to blame that is on dps. Tanks and healer take their share of the blame (rightfully and wrongfully), but everyone alive enrage is not their fault.

Yeah if everyone is alive in any fight (the entire time) at the enrage timer, then the tank and healer are not to blame that is on dps. Tanks and healer take their share of the blame (rightfully and wrongfully), but everyone alive enrage is not their fault.

That's not 100% true. Probably 90% of the time it is, but there are also times where the DPS is held back by the tanks lack of threat gen so they have to hold back or peel the mob and die. This is usually only an issue with a tank who's undergeared compared to the DPS, but it does happen.

That's not 100% true. Probably 90% of the time it is, but there are also times where the DPS is held back by the tanks lack of threat gen so they have to hold back or peel the mob and die. This is usually only an issue with a tank who's undergeared compared to the DPS, but it does happen.

I have seen DPS with a max health of 12.5k in this FP....it funny when they die so fast. Can't really blame the Tank when they are trying to DPS and Tank at the same time, and the Tank shouldn't be trying to be both.

I have healed this more than once with a 13K tank...with no problems.

Also dps should know aggro dumps and defensive cooldowns, especially after opening burst. Makes the tanks job way easier especially when they are undergeared compaired to dps.

That's the thing, even with aggro dumps it's not always enough. For me it's not a problem in FPs because as a gunnery trooper I know my heavy armor will stand up long enough for the tank to taunt back, especially if I use reactive shield and my aggro dump is on CD, and at that point I also know the tank is going to have aggro issues so I go into my slacker rotation because my aggro dump is on a 45sec cooldown and if the gear gap is great enough between me and the tank if I go right back into my normal rotation I'm going to steal aggro again before it's off cooldown and I'd rather risk dieing to enrage than wiping the group because I didn't want to control my dps.

Well to each his own, me personally, when I am on dps, my job is to kill. I am going to dps as hard and as long as I can until something is dead. I will use aggro dump, defensive cooldown and medpacs, but I will not slow down dps. That is my role, healers and tank are responsible to keep dps alive. My only job is killing and keeping mobs off the healer so the healer can do his/her job.

HM flashpoints are not that hard on my healer, if dps and tank keep stuff off me, then we will finish the instances without wipes/deaths. I count wipes in NIM EC or HM TfB, in flashpoints (when I am healing) no deaths except for falls are acceptable.

I'm just trying to imagine how bad those DPS have to be to hit enrage on HK...

We clear that instance with DPS-companions and don't even come close to the enrage-timer...

No clue, I have done this on my infltration shadow at least 40 to 50 times... (terrible dps) and I just assumed fp did not have enrage timers.

I remember the turrets being CC'able....a long time ago. Pre 1.4, but more likely pre 1.3. Whenever it was that they threw out a bunch of FP nerfs. Back when HK could actually one shot people after he came out of stealth.

You just focus fire the turrets down. They don't hit all that hard.

that fp is not HM at all. me and my guildies when we get if for random daily just running tank&spank all the way without any cc or anything.

funny thing is I remember that very long ago that FP was very harsh on enrage timers and mechanics.

I remember the turrets being CC'able....a long time ago. Pre 1.4, but more likely pre 1.3. Whenever it was that they threw out a bunch of FP nerfs. Back when HK could actually one shot people after he came out of stealth.

You just focus fire the turrets down. They don't hit all that hard.

I hadn't done FPs since pre1.2 and I was shocked when I was doing HK and his out of stealth took off 10% of someones HP. I was healing and getting all ready to massively nuke heal someone and... I could have just dps'd @_@