Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoint Now Live!

TaitWatson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a beautiful world. Consider me impressed.

That said, I hope the HM versions will have the bosses showing a bit more complexity. I realize the TFP's purpose is to tell the story primarily, so it's forgiven for now, but HM versions should be much harder.

Also, good job on the Aquatic Sleen mount. I was initially disappointed that there'd be nothing to grind this FP for until I found out about this mount.

The instance looked pretty, that was probably the only good thing about this new flashpoint

Bosses were boring, just tank and spank.

No reputation for the FP, not many decorations or incentive to repeat the flashpoint other than the cliché "play it for enjoyment!!!1111".

Overall a 3.5/10

Edited by EvenHardNiner

The instance looked pretty, that was probably the only good thing about this new flashpoint

Bosses were boring, just tank and spank.

No reputation for the FP, not many decorations or incentive to repeat the flashpoint other than the cliché "play it for enjoyment!!!1111".

Overall a 3.5/10

I'll be running it to get the mount, but that's just me.

I wish this game have real hard flashpoints. It's boring, it's easy, a beautiful scenario but only that.

If you're not challange by the game so it isn't fun. Do something that you don't even need to think to complete, that anyone do easly. That you do not need to work hard to achive. Boring.

I miss when instances mobs sometimes were harder than the boss it self, some pulls were tricky, need to CC the right one or two, kill the right one first.

Bioware should make tactical for everybody, people wihtout fingers and hard mode real hard, not only hard on the name.

If you want to do hard mode, be good.

More Solo Content please, all this group content is making me sick, i know its an mmo, but all the new content has been purely group oriented and that is not fair.

I suggest bioware should either admit that solo pve story is over and abandoned, so i can just move on, cause this is getting freaking annoying, cause every single content for quite awhile now has been 100% group oriented, no solo'ing at all.

Story + Groups = bad idea and bad combo

I am surprised that bioware hasn't figured this out already, it was easily discovered.

I wish this game have real hard flashpoints. It's boring, it's easy, a beautiful scenario but only that.

If you're not challange by the game so it isn't fun. Do something that you don't even need to think to complete, that anyone do easly. That you do not need to work hard to achive. Boring.

I miss when instances mobs sometimes were harder than the boss it self, some pulls were tricky, need to CC the right one or two, kill the right one first.

Bioware should make tactical for everybody, people wihtout fingers and hard mode real hard, not only hard on the name.

If you want to do hard mode, be good.

Well, hard isn't always fun, i mean its a game, its meant to be entertaining, i save all the challenges for real life, where it actually matters, but thats just my opinion.

I am personally disappointed with bioware's direction into group only content, i prefer good old solo pve, its much more fun to me....but i guess bioware just thinks about group content now, oh well, i will give it until the rest of my sub-time, if nothing has changed, the game will just join the R.I.P shelf and i will move onto something that is more solo friendly, cause right now, this game is becoming more and more about groups only.

Well, hard isn't always fun, i mean its a game, its meant to be entertaining, i save all the challenges for real life, where it actually matters, but thats just my opinion.

I am personally disappointed with bioware's direction into group only content, i prefer good old solo pve, its much more fun to me....but i guess bioware just thinks about group content now, oh well, i will give it until the rest of my sub-time, if nothing has changed, the game will just join the R.I.P shelf and i will move onto something that is more solo friendly, cause right now, this game is becoming more and more about groups only.

Hard isnt awlays fun

ridiculous easy NEVER is fun.

More Solo Content please, all this group content is making me sick, i know its an mmo, but all the new content has been purely group oriented and that is not fair.

I suggest bioware should either admit that solo pve story is over and abandoned, so i can just move on, cause this is getting freaking annoying, cause every single content for quite awhile now has been 100% group oriented, no solo'ing at all.

Story + Groups = bad idea and bad combo

I am surprised that bioware hasn't figured this out already, it was easily discovered.

They could always make it so that these "tactical" flashpoints are soloable on storymode, and hardmode needs a group.

Then make all the good drops come from the hard mode to motivate people to try, and only give some basic items for the storymode for those who just want to experience the story.

Well, that I had said a while ago, it was before playing the flashpoint ... because you reborn REVAN!!

How could you do that?! let me understand this,... according to the novel REVAN (2011) 300 years ago he was trapped by Darth Vicious(Tenebrae= The emperor) into a cage when there was a double telepatic conduit, The Emperor drained Revan s energy,and at the same time Revan put fear at the emperor's mind to delay as much as possible the Sith invation.After that in the game are Two flashpoints when we have freed Revan from an empirial orbital Prision and then he and HK-47 take over an Old Rakatan factory called The foundry, this is the subject of the other flashpoint, but in thisone we have Killed REVAN.( after that HK47 unexplained appeared at the Darth Malgus 's Command at the False Emperor flashpoint).So the point is If we Killed REVAN ,... how could he stay alive??!!

Was he Cloned by the Revanites?

Guys in the SW universe when someone is dead is dead, you can show it between the incorporial state of the force such as obi wan kenobi in the original trilogy but nothing else,.. What did you do?

Well, that I had said a while ago, it was before playing the flashpoint ... because you reborn REVAN!!

How could you do that?! let me understand this,... according to the novel REVAN (2011) 300 years ago he was trapped by Darth Vicious(Tenebrae= The emperor) into a cage when there was a double telepatic conduit, The Emperor drained Revan s energy,and at the same time Revan put fear at the emperor's mind to delay as much as possible the Sith invation.After that in the game are Two flashpoints when we have freed Revan from an empirial orbital Prision and then he and HK-47 take over an Old Rakatan factory called The foundry, this is the subject of the other flashpoint, but in thisone we have Killed REVAN.( after that HK47 unexplained appeared at the Darth Malgus 's Command at the False Emperor flashpoint).So the point is If we Killed REVAN ,... how could he stay alive??!!

Guys in the SW universe when someone is dead is dead, you can show it between the incorporial state of the force such as obi wan kenobi in the original trilogy but nothing else,.. What did you do?

See below for Revan. Malgus has HK47 because when you took the foundry, Malgus took it, then got Arkus Wode onto the task of rebuilding HK47 to be his own personal assassin droid.

He vanishes at the forge, do it again and pay attention, you will see no corpse. You get the loot from a chest afterwards.

Its kind of hard to kill a guy who becomes immortal at 4% before teleporting away :p

Edited by TACeMossie

You really should do a bit of research before posting XD

Bioware, what amazing job you've done with Rakata Prime !! Thanks a thousand times for this great FP !

Lovely scenery, lovely story and amazing story telling with a really great story twist :)

And another thousand thanks for not letting Revan simply disappear in the Force without never returning - while i was doing the foundry for the first time more than 2 years ago i had a strong feeling that this encounter with Revan would not be the last, and you've proven me right :D

And guys i understand your concerns with those TFP's, i for myself enjoy hardmode FP's too, but simply said - i had more than one encounter with groups in the TFP's of Tython and Korriban which said "Wow - the first time we beat this boss - thats amazing". And those encounters has prooven to me that there are enough people around simply playing the game for story and pure enjoyment without any deep knowledge of gear or skills - and i think the simple solution to give those access to the story are those TFP's, and to be honest i'm fine with it :)

Hopefully BW will bring those HM Versions with 3.0 and hopefully the boss mechanics will then be really hard :D

Edited by xeikonburns

Very pretty, neat but not unexpected twist to the story. The fact that it's so easy to run through may be an advantage for me, at least until I have all the drops, since I don't have the time or inclination to be a hardcore player.

When I played Rakata Prime the first time, back in the days of KotOR 1, I had to be careful about how I pulled or I would be overwhelmed. Here that's not even an issue really.

More feedback.

The environment is really well laid out and nice although I totally felt playing a Far Cry map.

It doesn't look SWish nor Alienish at all to me.

Totally ruined the immersion, which is sad because it looks pretty awesome.

The map layout was too much linear, I'd certainly get bored after the 3rd run.

Bosses: the waves of mobs in the second one isn't that bad but overall the boss combat is meh and the character I ran the FP with is 150-160 ish geared.

Then speaking of last boss, having the Wookiee tank made my character mostly useless also the healer didn't even sweat due to the healing stations. It's was just long and, sorry, boring.

And well the loot 2 resksins and a plant :(

Story

So Revan is back... YAWN.

Could you just please kill him once for all? This story is getting really old.

Feels like you don't know how to bring in new epic characters / story lines.

Beating the crap out of the same guy again and again, makes it really lackluster in the end.

All in all a not so bad FP but feels rushed out of the door : loot, combat, environment and story wise.

Edited by Deewe

More feedback.

The environment is really well laid out and nice although I totally felt playing a Far Cry map.

It's pretty much spot-on. They captured the feel of the original Rakata Prime perfectly. I don't understand how it's immersion breaking. I agree with the rest of your post though.

More feedback.

The planet was a big part of the KOTOR game. It's not something new that they made up. So it has a big role in the SW expanded universe of this time period. What does it even mean to say "it doesn't look SWish?" The SW universe has planets that are made up of all sorts of varying terrains. You have desert planets, water planets, volcanic planets, ice planets, planets with lots of mountains or forests. There is no such thing as a typical SW planet. And how do people have their "immersion" ruined so easily? Do people really have that fragile of a sense of immersion? If one is focused on immersing themselves in the game, you'd think they'd have a better and more creative imagination.