Exploration Incentives

ObsidianVashti

One thing that I think is lacking in Star Wars: The Old Republic is it's lack of ability to make a person want to explore a whole planet. (or stay on a planet after quests) There are lore objects/codex objects in addition with Datacrons, but when I think of an exploring incentive I think to the Vistas within Guild Wars 2, or Viewpoints within Assassin's Creed.

Anyone else think some sort of (more extended, although I love the codexes/datacrons) exploration activities can be structured into this MMO? Show off your planets and the artistic design behind them, gives some more "cinematic" experiences. The more to do on a planet besides level grinding the better. I would love to have an excuse to scour an entire planet in order to find stories, history, viewpoints, or "hidden cinematics" that aren't quest related. It could even be tied into the reputation or an achievement type system somehow. There can be special rewards exclusive for those who are explorers afficionados. Star Wars isn't always about the combat and war.

this is the main reason i dislike the cartel market. BW isnt helping the cause of the fleets being full of ppl. Most of the items on the market, i feel, should have be put in the game as items you can acquire through missions and exploration. I now expect all unique gear and mounts to be put on the cartel market. Put items out on the worlds forcing ppl to go out and adventure for them.