Changing Game Soundtrack

SOULCASTER

Is there a way or is there a folder I can edit/modify that will allow me to change the soundtracks in game during certain events? Ie: load screens, initiate combat, combat ends, etc etc.

In SWG there used to be away to implement your own sound files and you could have whatever music you wanted to. You could play anything from Metallica to Beethoven for your combat and general planet music, so long as you owned/had the file on your computer.

Is there a way to do that in this game? This game has the worst music soundtracks, all of which aren't star warsy or iconic in anyway.I'd like to get something more fun and immersive or at least my own personal preference.

Is there a way or is there a folder I can edit/modify that will allow me to change the soundtracks in game during certain events? Ie: load screens, initiate combat, combat ends, etc etc.

In SWG there used to be away to implement your own sound files and you could have whatever music you wanted to. You could play anything from Metallica to Beethoven for your combat and general planet music, so long as you owned/had the file on your computer.

Is there a way to do that in this game? This game has the worst music soundtracks, all of which aren't star warsy or iconic in anyway.I'd like to get something more fun and immersive or at least my own personal preference.

No, you can't. If you could do it in SWG, it was only because it was an old game, and old games used generic file such as .wav or .mp3 for sounds, musics and others. Nowadays all games use a file system that only the game client can read (in theory). It's for the purpose of avoiding users to use musics or sounds that they do not have any rights.

Considering the quality of the game soundtracks, it has been debated enough.

Well that's just blatantly untrue considering some of the music in-game is in fact FROM Star Wars...

Well that's just blatantly untrue considering some of the music in-game is in fact FROM Star Wars...

Yes there are a hand full of 30 second blips once or twice here or there (sometimes on loading screens) that i hear from actual star wars movies. 100% of the fleet and 95% of the planets I'm on horrible crap music that isn't star warsy nor iconic. Its just general "mmo'ish" kind of music. Very lame and dull.

I miss SWG's iconic and immersive star wars music. This game doesn't have it at all. As im typing this right now I'm listening to my game in the background on the character selection screen and it sounds like some epic lord of the rings battle is about to go down. Yeah so star warsy.

You can't just have a star wars IP and and create an MMO and then create a custom sound track and be like "OK, this is immersive star wars music now." It doesn't work like that haha

Edited by SOULCASTER