Interview with Matthew Bromberg, GM of BW Austin

Deewe

I just don't understand why anyone would consider a new playable race, in a game that has no racial attributes, anything to get excited about. New pixels same script.

Especially the cat race... Who seriously wanted this race.

Same goes for makeb. They even asked people what new planets they want and they ignored them completely.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its one content type every 6 weeks and we have to wait 6 months for operations content, I can't see the operations focused people lasting, since I doubt the whole team will stay subscribed and you'll be caught in an cycle of re-gearing and bleeding people.

Interesting interview: Clicky

Few things to mention:

• [*One team dedicated to 6w content
  • Another team to the making of Makeb
  • A whole team has been working for months on the new level 50 hard mode space missions.

Hmmmm. Seems we are still missing a team. One that actually tests the junk that keep releasing to live...

Glad I'm done with this junk come this Saturday and unsubbed as of 9-17. Everything is reeking of get as much extra cash as possible with as little investment as possible. What was once 1.4 content will now be spread out over a year's release time for the simple purpose of keeping people subbed or F2Per's buying on a monthly business.

Game is done... stick a fork in it.

Especially the cat race... Who seriously wanted this race.

Same goes for makeb. They even asked people what new planets they want and they ignored them completely.

Agreed on both points. I don't think Bioware even cares any more. It's like one big joke of how little they can 'add' and call content. I mean...a cat skin?! Really?! That's worth advertising?! This is honestly just....goofy.

Good to hear a developer directly saying it won't go Pay 2 Win. That was the only hesitation I had with moving to F2P.

Hate to rain on your parade but I can't recall any company saying their cash shop will have P2W/Advantage items in them before they launch the said shop, but they usually still end up making an appearance when the devs realise that just selling fluff doesn't pay the bills. :rolleyes:

Edited by AidenCast

Interesting interview:

(Edit) Addiing Jeff Hickman interview, Executive Producer of the game.

1. A whole team has been working for months on the new level 50 hard mode space missions.

This shows just how little they listen to their customers. This is the biggest waste of money and time they could have come up with. I still think that THIS is their "super secret space project"...more missions. Maybe instead of just wiggling my ship, I'll be able to do a loopty-loop.

Edited by TUXs

Actually.. some people kind of like this minigame. And it is actually one of the most in depth and best developed minigames of any MMO (besides LOTRO's music making).

So no, we can't all agree on it. And that's really the problem.. all customers of SWTOR cannot agree on a single thing.. except the fact that (as far as i heard) almost everyone loved their first run through the game's story on their main.

I think we can surmise, however, that many of these perceived faults probably contributed to a huge loss in subs. After all, the complaints existed since beta, none were addressed, people left in droves.

One can assume that is why.

[*]Focus will be on grouped content.

I sure hope that one is true.

IMO the lack of group content, and almost total emphasis on solo play is the biggest reason TOR is the world's most successful (and only) solo game charging a subscription fee.

Good interview. Bromberg seems like a stand up guy and a lot more professional than some of the other high level BW "suits" that preceded him. You gotta feel for the dude being dropped into the situation he is in now, right at the start of the F2P conversion, in a content drought, and having to clean up the mess from launch.

He says all the right things: Content is a priority and will come with more regularity. F2P is a good thing because it will attract more players. F2P will not devolve into P2W. The future of the game is multiplayer and the emphasis will be on introducing more group content. The game is moving in a new direction so needed a new team and staff and that's why there was a changing of the guard.

All of this is well and good, but I think someone already mentioned that words can only take you so far. We have been hearing a lot from BW for nine months now. It's time for them to deliver.

As an aside, I thought it was pretty amusing to hear that George Lucas' son plays SWTOR. heh

Edited by DarthOvertone

I sure hope that one is true.

IMO the lack of group content, and almost total emphasis on solo play is the biggest reason TOR is the world's most successful (and only) solo game charging a subscription fee.

Don't worry-soon it will be the solo game for free-so solo players can thank the raiders for subsidizing the game (instead of the other way around like in most MMOs).

Good interview. Bromberg seems like a stand up guy and a lot more professional than some of the other high level BW "suits" that preceded him. You gotta feel for the dude being dropped into the situation he is in now, right at the start of the F2P conversion, in a content drought, and having to clean up the mess from launch.

Agreed with that.

For now I see two mistakes, at least from the few we know:

• Wasting more time on space content
  • Not adding any sandbox elements anytime soon.

Good interview. Bromberg seems like a stand up guy and a lot more professional than some of the other high level BW "suits" that preceded him.

Yeah, if there are any new interviews in the future I'd rather see him speaking.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, if there are any new interviews in the future I'd rather see him speaking.

For sure, would be interesting.

Hopefully on top of fixing the game he'll be able to have the guys work towards the long term success and add sandbox elements.

Edited by Deewe

whatever...they also said monthly content updates and all kinds of DRIVEL that never came true before the nickel2death I mean free2play was announced....

but I will say this is more likely to be true since they can now nickel and dime us.

biggest MMO failure EVER considering budget and IP.....faster to f2p than ANYTHING before it....they obviously don't belong in the MMO market..

but, again, now that they can nickel and dime us...well maybe some of this "list" will be true.

This is common for MMOs.

It's pointless to spend content patches developing solo end game content for the minority of the crowd that plays mmos when most of us are subscribed for engaging stuff that keeps us keep us going for the long run.

Go play a single player game if you don't want to join a guild to do operations or group pvp.

Last time I check the minority was late end game raiding groups. The majority of most MMO's population is stuck pugging small group/solo content. Or standing around in <insert games major city>.