[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Xinika

In PvE, you should never Shock without double Induction. You'll get into massive Force issues if you do so repeatedly.

I'd think that if you had 1 stack of Induction and Shock came off cooldown, you should use Shock. Less time between Shocks -> more dps, and Shock at 1 stack is less expensive than Voltaic Slash + Shock at 2 stacks. I mean, if you've got Duplicity up, yeah, Duplicity and then Shock at 2 stacks, as you'll come out even on Force and do a little more damage there, and I think that would be worth the delay. But Voltaic Slash probably shouldn't be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less force per gcd. I never, ever shock with less than 2 induction when im not capping force.

If you would shock with 1 induction you skip a gcd. You'll have to fill it up later on with something else.

Given you skipped a VS, if you do anything other than saber strike it'll have cost you more force than that vs/shock combo would have.

The delay of shock really is the best way of approach for the long run.

Pff... And again we come to RNG. Other classes sure can have exact BiS value but not us :/

Well maybe not exact value but more accurate value than us.

Math says there is an exact value. Or better said there are more exact values. The question is more: accurate value for when? It depends so much how often you use certain abilities.

For example when I play my slinger at Corrupter zero I will have many more hits from my AoE abilities than I will at Nevra. Hence the BiS critrating for Corrupter Zero is higher than Nevra. And even than it depends which skills you use on that particular fight. One aimedshot more and the rating will be different (not noticeable ofc but you get the idea).

EDIT:

And plz forget looking at top dps parses for critratings. Topparser are filled with lucky crits saying nothing about what really is BiS ;-)

Edited by fire-breath

Math says there is an exact value. Or better said there are more exact values. The question is more: accurate value for when? It depends so much how often you use certain abilities.

For example when I play my slinger at Corrupter zero I will have many more hits from my AoE abilities than I will at Nevra. Hence the BiS critrating for Corrupter Zero is higher than Nevra. And even than it depends which skills you use on that particular fight. One aimedshot more and the rating will be different (not noticeable ofc but you get the idea).

EDIT:

And plz forget looking at top dps parses for critratings. Topparser are filled with lucky crits saying nothing about what really is BiS ;-)

Isn't it convienient then that our class is so linear that it doesn't have any noticable AoE capabilities anyway.

hey xinika if you want add this small thing on pvp gear I just added it:

Looking at 25% crit chance build I found 24.76% the most near value at 25.00% (0.24% difference) and I just write which and how much mods/enhs to buy to reach it, maybe for players that are not confident with these things can found it useful.

When you are Full Brutalizer with:

Implants&Earpiece Force-Mystic's set

Bracers&Belt + OffHand Force-Master's set

All other pieces Stalker's set

Buy these Mods & Enhs if you want 24.76% crit chance

1 Crit & Surge Optimal Enh + 1 Power & Surge Optimal Enhs

2 Crit Optimal Mods + 7 Power Optimal Mods

my 5cent

Edited by IInox

hey xinika if you want add this small thing on pvp gear I just added it:

Looking at 25% crit chance build I found 24.76% the most near value at 25.00% (0.24% difference) and I just write which and how much mods/enhs to buy to reach it, maybe for players that are not confident with these things can found it useful.

When you are Full Brutalizer with:

Implants&Earpiece Force-Mystic's set

Bracers&Belt + OffHand Force-Master's set

All other pieces Stalker's set

Buy these Mods & Enhs if you want 24.76% crit chance

1 Crit & Surge Optimal Enh + 1 Power & Surge Optimal Enhs

2 Crit Optimal Mods + 7 Power Optimal Mods

my 5cent

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/17f38b2e-3754-4b1b-9ea0-efa8b113e23a

Beat you ;)

BiS for Madness might contain 30% crit builds.

Still testing, and untill the patchnotes for 2.8 are final I'm not actually going to make any gear setups.

But consider yourself informed.

higher %crit ? mm that's caused madness doesn't have the talented force potency like infiltration and the longer ttk?

Edited by IInox

Why not Force Mystic's Mk-2 System instead of the Stalker Mk-2 Motivator? I thought accuracy is basically worthless?

accuracy is useless if you can't achieve 100% hit chance, so we drop it at all.

on next tier we can think to leave 1enh with accuracy OR alacrity. (maybe alacrity for sure)

Hey guys, a little off-topic here but:

Since the double-proc relic bug is fixed now (isn't it, i thought I heard something), what relics should we be using now? Or does it remain the same and Pristat and Power can still proc together?

• 3 weeks later...
btw guys which build do you prefer for arenas?

Full dec or dec+DF?

Full Deception. I asked Stalker this question several weeks ago before he transferred back to JC, he has the #8 and 15 Shadow/Sin in yolos. Full Deception was his answer. My guild leader is the #3 and 11 Shadow/Sin in yolos, he runs Full Deception as well. It just offers better single target burst damage/higher kill pressure. For group, I can see running either setup. Especially if you're running double Sin, since double Death Field is really painful. But if you're running something like Roudy's teamcomp, Deception/Carnage...then full Deception is the way to go.

Once patch hits I will parse both with 22% crit (my deception gear) and with 30% crit, might even do some mingling of pieces to do it with 25-26-27% crit. As far as I know, the main reason to go with such high crit is exactly the self heals, with slightly lower crit rating being optimal for dps.

But I can't be bothered with the PTS, so I can't test in advance.

Still saying the only self heals actually worth while are when Death Field hits 3+ people. The self heal on DoT crits are practically unnoticeable, and its the same for Annihilation unless Berserk is popped.