So, I made a friend! ...yay?

Sunosan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, please check the date on the first post. Stop necroing this thread.

No, no! By any means, no. Thanks a lot for bringing this thread to my attention. This was such a funny treat.

First thing I thought when I read the OP:

This guy probably plays (played) a female toon and the Greek guy fell in love with him. Then I read 7 pages of the thread and found out that

I was right from the get-go. I'm psychic. :D

• 4 years later...

Sorry for the necro, but wanted to say a few things about this thread.

Found it odd the way people kept lolzing over OP's story. It was more creepy than funny, particularly given that [as the story unfolded] it was clear OP was getting stalked because of how their toon looked and because they made the 'mistake' of being nice to a newb.

Also found it odd the way people kept assuming the problem was a simple question of /ignore. Stalkers, irl or online, aren't that easy to get rid of, and it's a very uncomfortable spot to be in. People also thinking OP was trolling / made up the story :mad: ugh. I've had people stalking me in this game because they thought I was a girl or who freaked out because I said I was a guy, and it's not really a funny story.

But the really weird part to me is how common player attitudes seem to be that the only reason to play a female toon for a guy is the eye candy factor. I'm a guy, a lot of my toons are female, but I've only got one toon in slave girl togs [and it's my tankassin, who wears it with Kallig's Countenance]. Otherwise, they generally wear the same sort of armor that my male chars wear.

I play female toons, generally, because I like most of their VAs, because of the access to the male LI stories, and because it offers more variety in solo RPing. I've heard people say before that they 'can't understand why someone would play a female char if they're male irl'. I can't understand that attitude at all - are you so insecure with your sexuality irl that playing a girl char in a game freaks you out?

Edited by Ardrossan