Shuffling comms.

Mowermanx

From the patch notes:

Items purchased with Commendations have had their timers cancelled and are now Bound.

I've been doing a bit of moving around since I had a ton of them on chars that I don't play anymore.

Anyway, just a friendly reminder to those that may have missed it. :cool:

From the patch notes:

I've been doing a bit of moving around since I had a ton of them on chars that I don't play anymore.

This is the only thing they've done in the 4.0 update that doesn't make any sense to me.

why do they give a **** if I buy mods for a commando on my Sniper if he has more comms then my commando?

Edited by Anaesha

This is the only thing they've done in the 4.0 update that doesn't make any sense to me.

why do they give a **** if I buy mods for a commando on my Sniper if he has more comms then my commando?

I think it was because I used every 2 comms I earned to buy a level 13 mod which I then sold on the GTN for 10k each... darn, almost had enough to buy my second guild flagship too! :(

Edited by XL-Jedi

I think it was because I used every 2 comms I earned to buy a level 13 mod which I then sold on the GTN for 10k each... darn, almost had enough to buy my second guild flagship too! :(

to be fair they can solve this by making bought mods unsalable on the GTN instead of limiting our ability to shift them between characters.

Before someone says legacy gear that's all well and good if they would remove the cost to pull mods out of armor.

I am curious about this too. It might not mean what we think. It could mean:

a) that any item bought with commendations right before the patch will not be returnable afterward. Since commendations are getting changed to crystals, they are not refunding any commendation purchases. This only applies to commendation purchases, not future crystal purchases.

or

B) this affects all purchases with crystals going forward, nothing is tradeable.

I hope it is A and not B. If they do this then they need to stop WZ comms from being tradeable.

a) that any item bought with commendations right before the patch will not be returnable afterward. Since commendations are getting changed to crystals, they are not refunding any commendation purchases. This only applies to commendation purchases, not future crystal purchases.

or

B) this affects all purchases with crystals going forward, nothing is tradeable.

I hope it is A and not B. If they do this then they need to stop WZ comms from being tradeable.

A I can live with but if it's B I'm going to be REALLY pissed off

to be fair they can solve this by making bought mods unsalable on the GTN instead of limiting our ability to shift them between characters.

Before someone says legacy gear that's all well and good if they would remove the cost to pull mods out of armor.

Well, given the fact that we already control our appearance independently from the armor... and once Mastery replaces every main stat... There really won't be as much incentive to have to pull mods from Legacy Gear. I can now pretty easily build and store a complete set of leveling gear, one for every 10th level, and even have DPS/Heal/Tank variants. Maybe 18-20 stored legacy sets total? Previously, with all the variant main stats, it was far too tedious to keep every possible leveling set on hand.

Edited by XL-Jedi

or

Indeed, I thought about that as well, but I needed to do the shifting anyway. I done it today just in case.

Indeed, I thought about that as well, but I needed to do the shifting anyway. I done it today just in case.

I must be missing something, would someone mind filling me in?

Say I run on my tank, and get a pair of resurrected boots. I have the boots, but my trooper doesn't.

I buy the trooper boots from the vendor, pull the mods, drop them in legacy boots and deposit them in legacy bank.

Is there another way of doing this?

I must be missing something, would someone mind filling me in?

Say I run on my tank, and get a pair of resurrected boots. I have the boots, but my trooper doesn't.

I buy the trooper boots from the vendor, pull the mods, drop them in legacy boots and deposit them in legacy bank.

like that no because the mods are already bound but if you went to fleet and bought mods from one of the vendors you could mail those mods to another character without having to use legacy gear.

They way they describe this is making it sound like the moment you buy a mod from a vendor that mod is immediately bound to your character meaning you couldn't mail it to another character.

Not just talking about mod transfers but also ability to buy box or schematics with comms (15-25 basic or so) put the item in the legacy bank, whip out another character, pick it up and sell the item back for the comms. So the ability to transfer comms might be affected by this.

Oh wow. I would buy a ton of mods and mail them to alts.

or use the comms to buy a piece, and spend the money to load legacy gear.

When I sent by mail, I got a notice it would not be returnable, but I just tried loading it into the legacy bank and moved comms to another character.

I wish I knew about this earlier lol

From the patch notes:

Is that permanent? If so, then great, yet another another pointless, stupid change.

So now companions are degeared, so I can't spend comms on modding their gear, AND I can't use the overflow of comms on my 60s to buy mods for my lower-level alts unless I go though the process of mailing them inside legacy-bound gear. Just what exactly are we supposed to do with extra basic comms (or whatever crystal bullshat is replacing them) now?

Is that permanent? If so, then great, yet another another pointless, stupid change.

So now companions are degeared, so I can't spend comms on modding their gear, AND I can't use the overflow of comms on my 60s to buy mods for my lower-level alts unless I go though the process of mailing them inside legacy-bound gear. Just what exactly are we supposed to do with extra basic comms (or whatever crystal bullshat is replacing them) now?

What do you know for once I agree with you on something Max. :D

Edited by Anaesha

They have not confirmed it, but I am pretty sure this is being done for the same reason all auctions are being canceled patch day.

Just a one shot. They could not get away with removing the "oops i bought the wrong mod" return feature.

I am guessing because the name of the coms is changing, it is just easier to kill the return timer than deal with return calculations.

I could be wrong, but coinciding with the auction cancels, I don't think so.

They have not confirmed it, but I am pretty sure this is being done for the same reason all auctions are being canceled patch day.

Just a one shot. They could not get away with removing the "oops i bought the wrong mod" return feature.

I am guessing because the name of the coms is changing, it is just easier to kill the return timer than deal with return calculations.

I could be wrong, but coinciding with the auction cancels, I don't think so.

I know the first order of business tomorrow.......B line to the fleet mod vendors. ;)

Wow, have they added other things to spend basic comms on then?

That's just a daft situation that even bioware are above.. they need to take away + compensate for basic comms in endgame content rewards then..

If what they're going to do is make all the basic comm rewards instead reward some quantity of higher quality commendation that makes sense. Many games are going towards "do what you want to progress" options and that makes sense.