Feeling betrayed

EnragedFrutopia

So I had been subscribed from July to September to get all of the rewards for Knights of the Fallen Empire. I started College in September and also had work which left me with not much time to play but decided to leave the recurring subscription going anyways just to hit any other dates for rewards. A few days ago I finally had time and decided to prepare for Knights of the Fallen Empire but once I got on I noticed I wasn't subscribed which I found odd but didn't think it was a big deal because I had totally forgotten that it was past the date for the duster which was September 30th. Once I finally realized this I got very worried and decided to check my payment history and saw that the subscription failed on the 9th of September. I had no received no notification of this. I called customer support and was told that nothing could be done and that they don't send emails for subscription failures. Really? Its that hard to send me an email telling me something went wrong so I could fix it? I've been a player since launch and have constantly kept up to date with the game but this is how I'm treated? I get penalized because I wasn't notified of an issue? Ridiculous.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You chose to go away and not check on your status right before each date (would've taken 5 minutes). You face consequences for that choice.

I already knew there was going to be someone who would say this, you couldn't have chosen a more predictable thing to say. Not everyone can remember to check or even go on during all of these times. Had I at least received a notification of this occurring, I could have maybe made time for it.

I already knew there was going to be someone who would say this, you couldn't have chosen a more predictable thing to say. Not everyone can remember to check or even go on during all of these times. Had I at least received a notification of this occurring, I could have maybe made time for it.

You could've easily set up a phone reminder an hour before each day to remind you to check, and 5 minutes is not a lot to set aside.

Come on. You're not stupid. We're not stupid. This game just will not A. get support from the community because we've all been there and B. get support from Customer Service. You chose not to subscribe for one of those days and now you regret it. 50 days is a long time to expect the gamers here to believe that you just "forgot" that you played SWTOR. Quit whining about it and own up to the fact that you made a mistake.

So I had been subscribed from July to September to get all of the rewards for Knights of the Fallen Empire. I started College in September and also had work which left me with not much time to play but decided to leave the recurring subscription going anyways just to hit any other dates for rewards. A few days ago I finally had time and decided to prepare for Knights of the Fallen Empire but once I got on I noticed I wasn't subscribed which I found odd but didn't think it was a big deal because I had totally forgotten that it was past the date for the duster which was September 30th. Once I finally realized this I got very worried and decided to check my payment history and saw that the subscription failed on the 9th of September. I had no received no notification of this. I called customer support and was told that nothing could be done and that they don't send emails for subscription failures. Really? Its that hard to send me an email telling me something went wrong so I could fix it? I've been a player since launch and have constantly kept up to date with the game but this is how I'm treated? I get penalized because I wasn't notified of an issue? Ridiculous.

THIS is why I do the 6 month payment plan.

Come on. You're not stupid. We're not stupid. This game just will not A. get support from the community because we've all been there and B. get support from Customer Service. You chose not to subscribe for one of those days and now you regret it. 50 days is a long time to expect the gamers here to believe that you just "forgot" that you played SWTOR. Quit whining about it and own up to the fact that you made a mistake.

Nothing you just said makes any sense. I've said nothing that you just quoted. I never said I "forgot" and I also never "chose not to subscribe", my subscription was recurring and FAILED. FAILED as said in the payment history. I would have liked to receive an EMAIL notifying me of the FAILED subscription so I could FIX it. Do you now understand, tiny man?

Nothing you just said makes any sense. I've said nothing that you just quoted. I never said I "forgot" and I also never "chose not to subscribe", my subscription was recurring and FAILED. FAILED as said in the payment history. I would have liked to receive an EMAIL notifying me of the FAILED subscription so I could FIX it. Do you now understand, tiny man?

No, I'm saying that you're just trying to create some sob story for people to feel bad for you. The fact is that you did choose not to subscribe. Don't push this, as it is really making you look whiny. Deal with it as an adult would and wait another 7 days.

Why should Bioware bother to send an email to someone because of a failed sub if they aren't playing at the time? If a subscribtion fails while someone is active then he immediately notices and fixes it without being notified.

An email would just waste bioware resources.

No, I'm saying that you're just trying to create some sob story for people to feel bad for you. The fact is that you did choose not to subscribe. Don't push this, as it is really making you look whiny. Deal with it as an adult would and wait another 7 days.

You keep repeating that I chose not to but as I said the subscription FAILED, which according to customer service was due to the bank rejecting it. I'm saying I would like to have known it happened but again, according to customer service they don't send emails for that situation. I'm not pushing anything, you should take your own advice and not whine about me whining. I already anticipated this type of response so you're not phasing me in the slightest, you can get as salty as you wish.

This just sounds like your own carelessness. No one's fault but your own. Don't blame BW or CS for YOU not checking your account.

You keep repeating that I chose not to but as I said the subscription FAILED, which according to customer service was due to the bank rejecting it. I'm saying I would like to have known it happened but again, according to customer service they don't send emails for that situation. I'm not pushing anything, you should take your own advice and not whine about me whining. I already anticipated this type of response so you're not phasing me in the slightest, you can get as salty as you wish.

"I was actually playing League of Legends and assumed I wouldn't care about SWTOR's expansion. Now, I'm regretting it. Let's think of a sob story for the forums."

Why should Bioware bother to send an email to someone because of a failed sub if they aren't playing at the time? If a subscribtion fails while someone is active then he immediately notices and fixes it without being notified.

An email would just waste bioware resources.

They receive money from the subscriber, unless you didn't know that by now?

Should have paid closer attention to your credit card statements. IThat would have told you the payment did not go through and should have given you plenty of time to correct the issue. Bioware could have sent a notice but they are not really required to. I am sorry you did not catch the issue but it is not entirely on BW, you also have accet some of the responsibility here.

They receive money from the subscriber, unless you didn't know that by now?

And it's not their fault if you don't keep track of your sub and when it runs out.

I'm on the 6 month plan but I always keep track of it because there are times when my sub runs out before I get payed which means my sub will not auto purchase like normal and I have to redo my sub manually.