Remove the rakghoul plague now

If your not a 50 I can understand why you would be annoyed at this. But even so, just doing this OMG I'M INFECTED! quest. Does it really matter? Sell your tokens!

Quit whining. BW have added a great LIVE EVENT. I Personally love it.

God forbid they add Live Event quest givers ALA EQ2. You'd all make them /ragequit.

EVENTS ARE COOL.

I don't get MMO players these days. Complain it's all boring. Then something unexpected happens, COMPLAIN LOUDER!!!

Seriously, What the Hell?

There are PLENTY of ways to add nice live events without it being irritating. Heck, everything about this event was, for the most part, great, except for this plague thing, which is again, just irritating. I fully support live events, etc. I reject the way they've done this one, or at least the way they've added the plague mechanic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're talking apples to oranges with the plague, since in your example you are not ever prevented from moving or playing the game even for a second, while the plague can be several seconds (or an even more significant cost of time in a pvp match)

No, that's also apples to oranges with the plague event. In the plague event you have to actually spend credits on an item to prevent people from being able to grief you. This isn't the case in your example.

I know they are different situations. My point is just because you are inconvienced with this, doesn't make it greifing. Just like how the inconveince in my scenario isn't griefing, even though I've seen people argue it is.

My overall point is the word griefing is used every time someone is mad at what someone else did to them. It dilutes the word. Griefing is deliberately harassing someone. And I find issue with you considering us griefers because we're trying to complete a quest that was given. I have no ill-intent and I'm not doing to get pleasure out of costing you the time it takes to revive after death. I'm doing it because it's part of the game.

Sure it is; no matter how many times you say it's not griefing, doesn't make it not griefing.

Except for the part where it is NOT griefing.

If you are so annoyed by this event then you should probably look for another game to play, because I have a feeling that the overwhelming majority of players have been thrilled by this event so far and that the Devs will most likely do something like this again. (Meaning a world event with far-reaching effects and not just localized to a small section of an out of the way planet.)

And I love how we have gone from "The Fleet is EMPTY, no one plays this game" to "There are too many people on the fleet make it stop"

I know they are different situations.
Oh good, then you understand why the plague is griefing and competing over mobs isn't.

Griefing is deliberately harassing someone.
It's the other way around:

deliberately harassing someone is Griefing.

And I find issue with you considering us griefers because we're trying to complete a quest that was given.
I find issue with the griefers for griefing people.

Except for the part where it is NOT griefing.
Sure it is.

If you are so annoyed by this event then you should probably look for another game to play,
No, I'm just going to continue to post on the forums about it; bioware already removed the party bomb and that didn't actually cost anyone a death or money...

(Meaning a world event with far-reaching effects and not just localized to a small section of an out of the way planet.)
And hopefully the next time they won't set it up to allow players to grief each other...

Oh good, then you understand why the plague is griefing and competing over mobs isn't.

It's the other way around:

deliberately harassing someone is Griefing.

I find issue with the griefers for griefing people.

I find someone taking my nodes way more annoying than this plague personally. So no I don't understand. I want the plague so I can get more things to sell to people. I make money with this debuff. I lose money when people beat me to a node.

And what are you talking about? How is 'Griefing is deliberately harassing someone" different from saying 'deliberately harassing someone is griefing' ?

There are PLENTY of ways to add nice live events without it being irritating. Heck, everything about this event was, for the most part, great, except for this plague thing, which is again, just irritating. I fully support live events, etc. I reject the way they've done this one, or at least the way they've added the plague mechanic.
Agreed. A simple fix for this one: make it so that you can only infect people in your party or op.

It is early on, but... just ask someone for a vaccine. Really, 2k is spare change for level 50s, and if you died once, you have 5 DNA that people will happily buy off you.

It adds up though, I mean I think the event is pretty funny in itself, I don't mind people enjoying their selves but its been pretty inconveniencing to me.

All I really do is que for PVP and so obviously I'm going to lose my vaccination (because it perishes when you die) and its unavoidable since they're infected people que'ing that blow up on you when you kill them.

Essentially, I've had to buy a new vaccine after every warzone. I wouldn't mind if the vaccinations stuck after death, but this is just a -tad- inconvenient. Its also very random, I saw a guy about to score in huttball and didn't get to because he EXPLODED in the end zone, thankfully he was on the other team :p.

I find someone taking my nodes way more annoying than this plague personally. So no I don't understand. I want the plague so I can get more things to sell to people. I make money with this debuff. I lose money when people beat me to a node.
If you want to argue that your node stealing situation is griefing, feel free to do so... but as you said, it's a different situation than the plague.

We know that the plague is griefing; whether your node situation is griefing or not is irrelevant.

And what are you talking about? How is 'Griefing is deliberately harassing someone" different from saying 'deliberately harassing someone is griefing' ?
it's pretty simple.

• All animals are dogs
  • all dogs are animals.

the first statement is false, while the latter statement is true. This is because there are types of animals that aren't dogs.

• 'Griefing is deliberately harassing someone"
  • 'deliberately harassing someone is griefing' ?

likewise, the first statement is false, while the latter statement is true.

Edited by ferroz

It adds up though, I mean I think the event is pretty funny in itself, I don't mind people enjoying their selves but its been pretty inconveniencing to me.

All I really do is que for PVP and so obviously I'm going to lose my vaccination (because it perishes when you die) and its unavoidable since they're infected people que'ing that blow up on you when you kill them.

Essentially, I've had to buy a new vaccine after every warzone. I wouldn't mind if the vaccinations stuck after death, but this is just a -tad- inconvenient. Its also very random, I saw a guy about to score in huttball and didn't get to because he EXPLODED in the end zone, thankfully he was on the other team :p.

This. It's freaking annoying and needs to be removed immediately or I may have to stop playing until it goes away since there's really no point.

Don't make the mistake of thinking its the same people. I see this a lot on forums. The people complaining now are probably not the same people that were complaining then.

The reasons forums are always full of complaints is because Group A and Group B always want something that is at odds with each other. Whenever one group is happy, the other is going to be complaining. The playerbase may seem like they are never happy, but it makes sense when you think about it.

I see what you mean. I just know this game is going forward. And I object at people comparing it to WoW/GW/EQ2/***.

It is SO EASY to compare this game to all previous games. So SO VERY EASY. To point out that SWTOR is learning by WoW over the years is frankly WRONG. All MMO's, including WoW have learnt lessons from each other. (All those players who thought WoW was the first go google MMO's. Then **** imo :p ). FOR ALL MMO'S - WORK IN PROGRESS. That is the nature of an MMO. WoW was not the first. But it was the first to do the stuff we love. MMO players always look at WoW now I guess. Funnily enough I always looked at another MMO first (but I digress... not now).

The SWTOR team are learning. Oh it's so easy for us as players of games X, Y, Z & W to object! But do they know it all? And tbh, do they care?

I personally think the SWTOR Dev team are listening.

People ranted about the 50's only getting a free month.

They changed it. Still people rant.

And now we have an awesome Live Event. People ranting about that. RA-RA-NERFING-RAH!

I've RAH'd enough. I love this game. Thankyou Bioware.

[snip]

Your costing me time by forcing me to find another node, and your costing me money cause now that's one less node for me to sell on the GTN. It's very inconvenient for me.

That is your problem. If I am interested in that node, I WILL go for it. I don`t care if you decided to challenge for it or not. Your time is not my concern. If you are red I WILL go for you first and try to kill you. If you are blue, I`ll go for the node. We are competing, I am not harassing you. Matter of perception, but you are being too much of a prude in this regard.

Ultimately, your "incovenience" is because you are weak and didn`t get to the node faster.

I've heard people argue that beating someone to a node is griefing, and that if someone is closer to a node than you, you have to wait and see if they use it before you can go get it. You remind me of those people.

Beating someone to a node is NOT griefing. It`s competition. Furthermore, ownership is not pre-determined. If we compete for the same mob / resource, then you`d better beat me to it. That is not harassment.. that is taking what you want.

Sure, common MMO courtesy states I should let you have the mob if I see intention. But that is NOT a given and in no way harassment.

So, get your harassment definitions straight, please.

The pittyniss of the people complaing is boderline sickening. They should kiss the feet of the people responsible for his event, it helps as an additional step to revive servers rather then the game dying out.

On a side note. I dont like black, please bioware remove the color black from ingame, i dont care lots of people love it.

If you want to argue that your node stealing situation is griefing, feel free to do so... but as you said, it's a different situation than the plague.

We know that the plague is griefing; whether your node situation is griefing or not is irrelevant.

• All animals are dogs
  • all dogs are animals.

the first statement is false, while the latter statement is true.

• 'Griefing is deliberately harassing someone"
  • 'deliberately harassing someone is griefing' ?

likewise, the first statement is false, while the latter statement is true.

You consider it griefing, a lot of people don't. It's not cut and dry, and your opinion isn't law, Especially when considering that it's an in-game quest to infect people. Are there people that are taking it too far and finding ways to grief, sure? (People find ways to grief/explot most game mechanics) Does it make the act of infecting someone griefing? We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

And with your second list, you got it backwards. Your first statement is true, while the second statement is false. Griefing will always mean deliberately harassing someone, while there are cases where deliberately harassing someone will called something different than griefing.

LOL! People whine there are no events in SWTOR and that the game is so sterile for environment.

They add a huge event and do it without a patch and players whine/cry about it.

Simply put if you don't like it don't participate!

2k is nothing and if you don't want to spend money on the cure just don't log in.

That is your problem. If I am interested in that node, I WILL go for it. I don`t care if you decided to challenge for it or not. Your time is not my concern. If you are red I WILL go for you first and try to kill you. If you are blue, I`ll go for the node. We are competing, I am not harassing you. Matter of perception, but you are being too much of a prude in this regard.

Ultimately, your "incovenience" is because you are weak and didn`t get to the node faster.

Beating someone to a node is NOT griefing. It`s competition. Furthermore, ownership is not pre-determined. If we compete for the same mob / resource, then you`d better beat me to it. That is not harassment.. that is taking what you want.

Sure, common MMO courtesy states I should let you have the mob if I see intention. But that is NOT a given and in no way harassment.

So, get your harassment definitions straight, please.

Sorry, but you missed what was going on. I was pointing out that a game mechanic that allows somone to be an inconvenience to you doesn't make it griefing. I don't actually think it is griefing to take my node. I just used it as an example of another time I saw this kind of argument. And I find it silly that anytime someone is inconvenienced by someone else/a game mechanic you get players complaining about being 'griefed'.

Edited by Erimi

Yes it is a WORLD EVENT. Belonging on the world of Tatooine.

I personally don't give a rats *** about the event you find fun, which is why i was on the fleet minding my own business. You can have your fun on tatooine, I'll mind my own business on the fleet.

The **** should be cleared off when leaving the event area, or we should be able to toggle off gay event ****.

It's a game. Have fun with it.

For the first time it's nice to have something random and interesting in the game again.

Bleh, I have a bad feeling about this.. it'll all end up in racing fuzzy Ewoks around the Fleet, or whacking piñatas like in Rift :rolleyes:

This kind of complaining happened in WoW during the Zombie Event. So for the next expansion event, we got a lame Elemental Event that few people liked because it wasn't interesting at all.

You consider it griefing, a lot of people don't.
THat's because they're the griefers not the griefees.

It's cut and dry.

And with your second list, you got it backwards.
No, I've got it correct, that's why I was correcting you.

Deliberately harassing someone is griefing but griefing someone may or may not be not be deliberately harassing them.