Bug: Legacy Ignore Not Ignoring

UlaVii

I added a credit seller to Legacy Ignore yesterday. When I logged in today one of the first messages I see is them spamming fleet again. I thought maybe it was just a similar name so tried to add them to ignore and was told they were already on it. While writing this message and the in-game ticket they have posted twice more so it's not a one off fluke.

Server: Darth Malgus

Data/time: 09:22 GMT 25th October 2020

My Rep side character: Ulavii

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/EEJcFaa

This is funny, was about to post this exact thing.

Was waiting for Lucky to respawn and checking each ops member cheevo (just for my curiosity) and I found out one of them have "stop ignoring" button which mean their legacy is in my ignore. What even stranger about this is I'm the lead and the one who can inv coz I don't give out LT so I'm also the one who invited them.

Hope the Dev see this coz when a player is on my ignore, that means they either troll or being a d*** toward me/other player.

Edit: Server: Satele Shan.

Edited by Zechalakazam

Here's what I do to get it to work from my end until they patch this.

Open your social window and keep it open on the Legacy Ignore Tab.

While it's open you should be able to right click a character name from the general chat and ad it that way.

(While I had it open I removed all the names that were in it previously to make sure I could tell)

I haven't tested this on any other server besides the one I am on all the time (star forge).

Someone let me know if you can also get right click ignore to work this way.

Here's what I do to get it to work from my end until they patch this...

If I have the Legacy Ignore open and try to add them again it says they are already being ignored and then I still see their credit selling posts.

I left click the character name they post with and do /ignore character name and get the same message saying they are already being ignored. I still see their posts.

I tried removing them and adding them again and still see their posts.

I found it fun testing out legacy ignore on PTS so was surprised when my tests on live server show it is very broken.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a really disturbing report tonight. It turns out someone that joined my guild earlier this week has been stalking a girl on our server using multiple characters. He's trying to find out her personal details and claims his dad has software that can help him do this. I think that's BS as he would of done it already if he could. One of the things he's doing in-game is messaging her from several characters pretending to be different people in an attempt to get personal information from her.

Obviously I banned him from guild when she told me this and showed me video of what's been going on. She's reported him in-game and added him to legacy ignore. He has used legacy ignore to trick her because she can still see messages he's posting so for a while she did not realise it was him on another character. As with most trolls he ended up revealing who he was which is why she contacted me. Her in-game reports over the last 2 weeks have not had any impact and she has no way to ignore this person. We confirmed that his legacy is in her ignore list and if she tries to ignore one of his characters it says he is already being ignored even though she can see his /1 and /w messages.

Seems people are having very mixed results with legacy ignore. Personally I only use it for credit sellers and whilst I do still see their messages after adding them it does seem to properly ignore them after I reload the game. Clearly for other people this is not the case.

Can confirm legacy ignore is broken. You can put someone on ignore and they can still msg you. And if you have someone on your legacy ignore list by mistake, you can’t remove them because the list repopulates the next character you login with.

So there are two issue with legacy ignore. Both maybe linked or they maybe seperate, but at this stage it shows legacy ignore as a feature is totally broken.

1. People on ignore can still message you

2. You can’t take people off the ignore lists because it repopulates the list on next character login.

Can we please get some feed back from Bioware regarding this. There have been many reports and threads now and the total silence is deafening.

Edited by TrixxieTriss