PvP vs PvP-RP

ProcessHeals

What are your thoughts?

I'm looking for a mature community with a strong emphasis on pvp, wondering which server type would me right for me.

Really don't want to be completely surrounded by kids who roll up in large numbers button mashing and think they're king s***.

Of course I know I'll see this on every server, but I would like it to be at a minimum.

On the other hand I'm not sure if the roleplay aspect will detract from the intensity of pvp action or be taken to far to the point of annoyance.

Would love to hear some input from like-minded individuals.

Edit: If anyone has a specific server recommendation, I'm certainly open to suggestions. Just tell me what server and why (east coast prefered)

Edited by Tshain

From past experience unless your going to fully embrace the RP side of the server it's not worth it. Not being willing to Role-play can get you into trouble and as I found out, it got pretty annoying people speaking in old English all the time and calling me sir Etc.

All servers are going to have the "elitists" and try-hards but I guess you just gotta deal with them or ignore them.

RP PVP is better in my opinion. You get a great community. Im currently on the only English RP PVP server and everyone is really nice.

Its a "RP" server and not a "Serious RP" server. As long as you do abit of RP when the time comes to it then it does not matter or just dont get involved in it.

All this stuff i hear about it being un-friendly is untrue. I barely RP yet everyone welcomes me and everyone is nice.

Roleplaying on a regular server after you killed someone really really really causes them to nerd-rage.

"You have been found in violation of Imperial Code 12342232.1" -you

"DUUDDDZZZ, this isn't a roleplaying server!, why did you kill me!!!!-nerd-rager

"Imperial Law required me to terminate your life...."-you

"%%^&&^#W!!!!!!, this isn't a roleplaying server #%$%##$##!!!"-nerd-rager.

Personally stay the hell away from RP-PvP servers. As much fun as RP actually is for people, given a months time all the second stringers who couldn't make it on a regular PvP server, will roll toons on RP servers looking for easy pickings. These will be the worst a-holes society has to offer and they will work actively to ruin game play for other people.

Roleplaying on a regular server after you killed someone really really really causes them to nerd-rage.

"You have been found in violation of Imperial Code 12342232.1" -you

"DUUDDDZZZ, this isn't a roleplaying server!, why did you kill me!!!!-nerd-rager

"Imperial Law required me to terminate your life...."-you

"%%^&&^#W!!!!!!, this isn't a roleplaying server #%$%##$##!!!"-nerd-rager.

I love asking them "Art thou angered my Brother".

Dont forget if u go into a pvp server and u still dont have ur invitation to get in ... there will be plenty of lvl 40-50 ganking litle lvl 20 since this will be the only quick pvp for many week's... i mean instead of waiting 30m in q for warzone... why not just go kill newbies... easy kill's lollllllll have fun

RP-PvP servers, in my experience, tend to attract more mature players. That said, this is an MMO. You will be "surrounded" by kiddies to some degree no matter which server.

The thing I like best about RP-PvP servers is that you have far less (hopefully zero) L33T names. Its a pet peave, but I hate seeing names like "iownjoo", Fapmaster, ect. Bugs the hell out of me. That for me is more than enough reason to go to RP-PvP servers in general.

Personally stay the hell away from RP-PvP servers. As much fun as RP actually is for people, given a months time all the second stringers who couldn't make it on a regular PvP server, will roll toons on RP servers looking for easy pickings. These will be the worst a-holes society has to offer and they will work actively to ruin game play for other people.

This, kind of. I always role on RP servers if available.

The upside is a (generally) more (emotionally) mature player base; people who aren't so insecure about being "cool" that they aren't affraid of playing a game in character. It's also more fun to have an actual reason to fight, even if it's as simple as you hate the Sith.

The downside is there are griefers. Yes, griefers, not gankers. PvP equals ganking but completely ruining someones enjoyment for the sake of your own is just plain selfish.

The RP-PvP has two main types of griefers.

The obvious is the corpse/rez camping kind that for the most part can be avoided since they have very little patience. These guys just love to hear people complain/QQ so whatever you do, don't say anything in chat/global. If you do, you have just fed the troll and they will promptly have a "party in their pants". Log off for a few minutes, grab a beer or a cup of coffee and they will likely have moved on to find another toy (ooh, shiny!).

The less obvious and more pain in the butt is the anti-RP griefer. This is the guy that is so cool that he thinks RP is for children and he feels the need to abolish it and ruin your fun by purposely interferring with any RP he sees. This guy also tends to think he has mad PvP skillz and that RPers couldn't possibly be as good as him. He also seems to believe (despite evidence to the contrary) that RP players are easy kills. So when he can't hack it on a straight PvP server, he'll log onto a RP-PvP server to "have fun" (at the expense of RP). The best solution to this pile of ***** is an PvP solution. Gank/kill him until he logs (yes I understand the irony of suggesting griefing to combat griefing).