If you want people to keep playing, release the legacy system now.

--Grim--

It's very simple really. The post 50 game just isn't that good.

The main attraction to keep paying for this game is to play alts, but the legacy system is months away. Not very smart on BioWars's part.

I suspect there will be a massive drop off in subs the next couple of months. Without the legacy system or at least some details giving us a carrot to stay, there really isn't a reason for most people to keep playing this game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should moderate the amount of time you spend playing computer games? :p

I play very casually.

Perhaps you should moderate your assumptions and look at reality.

This game is going to hemorrhage subs if they don't give people a reason to stay. The post 50 game is boring.

It is obvious that they want people to play alts. So the legacy system is a major feature in retaining subs.

Bioware won't listen to you no matter how much you stamp your feet screaming i WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW

Lol. I'm not screaming. I already have a six month sub. It's something to do while waiting for GW2.

I'm just telling them that if they want to be successful they better do something about the reality I have stated.

Simple logic. Use it and you might be able to get out of that paper bag you are stuck in.

Double time their dev work and get it finished and out the door ASAP.

The game is going to hemorrhage subs otherwise.

I love how people turn a feeling into hard facts, let alone only specific ones.

For instance, "Fix Iium PVP or the game will die". Or "I have lag issues when I stand next to 50 people and everyone is firing off their AOE's. The game is going to die because of this".

And now, Double the devs work time and work load only on the Legacy system. The game is hemorrhaging subs because of it.

Come on man. OK, you're excited for the legacy system. Cool, so am I. Will the game "hemorrhage subs" if it isn't released today? Probably not.

I would like to at least see what the legacy system is going to give us... I would think that could be put up. Release it when it's ready but maybe give us a peak at what we could get?

I play on 2 servers 1 PvP and 1 PvE and just hit 50 with 1 character but the legacy system- and not knowing what its going to do exactly- keeps me from wanting to play too many alts on either server. Eventually will have 8 on each because I want to see the male/female light dark sides of the stories but I would like to know how important it is to stick to 1 legacy and build those points up vs just alternating between the 2 like I have been.

I have a main character and the my concern is that legacy is going to affect the end-game stats- not sure if that was confirmed or proven false but I heard it somewhere that it could.

I do agree about the level 50 being boring. Within a month I have almost all Columi gear, the only thing I have to look forward to is Rakata, which is not a very big upgrade and why should I look forward to Rakata anyway? The content right now is not enough.

If there was a new place requiring everyone in columi (not hard modes) it would make the game feel like you are progressing, now it just feel : same thing more HP for minor upgrades.

I love rolling alts, so for me the legacy is great but not the only reason why the game is failing to appeal me at 50.

Dual spec/gear would help a lot to keep 50 interested, most people don't like going to Skill mentor to PvP only to be required to do it all again for PvE.

Right now, I think enough people are re-rolling alts to keep the game healthy, but not the 50 game, this part of the game is pretty much dead.. with 50 only warzone and people re-rolling, I don't see how this can finish well, unless every alt is PvP.

Lol. I'm not screaming. I already have a six month sub. It's something to do while waiting for GW2.

I'm just telling them that if they want to be successful they better do something about the reality I have stated.

Simple logic. Use it and you might be able to get out of that paper bag you are stuck in.

and your qualifications are?.....

I'm sure they are quite eager that the path to success is defined by a "casual" player of their game. Your reality is quite different then the rest of the world.

What a joke.

Edited by Magnu

I play very casually.

Perhaps you should moderate your assumptions and look at reality.

This game is going to hemorrhage subs if they don't give people a reason to stay. The post 50 game is boring.

It is obvious that they want people to play alts. So the legacy system is a major feature in retaining subs.

I am enjoying the Flashes and Ops post-50 ...

You are making an assumption that everyone finds the post-50 game boring, yet you get on someone else for making an assumption about your post ... Very ironic ...

I love how people turn a feeling into hard facts, let alone only specific ones.

For instance, "Fix Iium PVP or the game will die". Or "I have lag issues when I stand next to 50 people and everyone is firing off their AOE's. The game is going to die because of this".

And now, Double the devs work time and work load only on the Legacy system. The game is hemorrhaging subs because of it.

Come on man. OK, you're excited for the legacy system. Cool, so am I. Will the game "hemorrhage subs" if it isn't released today? Probably not.

They can't fix Ilum. 2 faction world PvP in mmo's is impossible to balance. It will never be any good in this game or any other.

SWTOR is a PvE game designed from the beginning to encourage playing alts. Yet the most important feature for that is months away. While getting to 50 takes almost no effort. That is a recipe for failure.

It really is simple logic. Look at what the game's main strengths are, and then look at what it is missing. The legacy system is the most important feature missing from this game.

You may not agree, but you would be wrong.

Edited by --Grim--

It's very simple really. The post 50 game just isn't that good.

The main attraction to keep paying for this game is to play alts, but the legacy system is months away. Not very smart on BioWars's part.

I suspect there will be a massive drop off in subs the next couple of months. Without the legacy system or at least some details giving us a carrot to stay, there really isn't a reason for most people to keep playing this game.

So...you'd only be interested in rolling another alt if it was a new race or something? Somehow I don't think adding another race or two is going to make leveling another toon to 50 all that attractive to most people that aren't already altoholics.

IMO the Legacy system is already a bust, because I'm stuck with the same last name for all my characters. Yes it makes total sense that my Human Smuggler has the same last name as my whatever freaky alien race they end up adding Sith from thousands of light years away. :rolleyes:

Honestly the Legacy carrot is the only thing keeping me subbed at the moment. I am holding out hopes that it will keep me subbed but not holding my breath. TBH the way they marketed it the damn thing should have been in at launch

No troll, but you should probably quit now then. If the game as it stands doesn't appeal to you enough to keep playing what do you possibly imagine could be in the Legacy system to change that? A different race option for a class? Some minor cross-class ability? Vanity items? A Title? A new Companion? A shared Bank? Those would seem to be the most likely type things in the Legacy system... certainly nothing that would make someone who is going to unsub choose to stay... Especially since there will be a grinding aspect!

Say they offer your dream item! For example's sake, let's suggest A Purple Skinned Twi'lek Republic Trooper with a minor Force Sensitive Legacy power, a Title, and a cool new Companion. Except to unlock that feature, you need to grind up Legacy Levels by say taking 3 other alts to 50.

That is not the kind of crap that makes people sub, but it is the kind of crap that gives people who do want to sub something to do :p