So why am i getting these low numbers in protection as a tank?

khsolo

between 200 k and 300 k

I protect always a melee when i can then i use my mass control everytime i get and my mind control too but still get very low protection numbers

Im always i the middle of everything

I get higher protection with my dps shadow

what gives?

between 200 k and 300 k

I protect always a melee when i can then i use my mass control everytime i get and my mind control too but still get very low protection numbers

what gives?

Well you always gaurd a melee? You say that like its a thing.

You should gaurd people being focused and healers. People should be focusing heals in the first place. Pay attention to who you are gaurding and stay close to them.

Also remember that while using Threatening Scream on CD is important, it also gives no protection score if you are the one they are hitting :)

Signed, everyone's first focus target in arenas.

Also: make sure you don't guard other Juggs and if you guard a 'Sin, make sure it's not a tank - guarding them prevents them from guarding anyone else. You should be guarding (in order):

Healers

Snipers (for the pure trolling factor)

Mara/Sent

The Rest

Edited by stoopicus

Also remember that while using Threatening Scream on CD is important, it also gives no protection score if you are the one they are hitting :)

Also: make sure you don't guard other Juggs and if you guard a 'Sin, make sure it's not a tank - guarding them prevents them from guarding anyone else. You should be guarding (in order):

Healers

Mara/Sent

The Rest

^ I knew there was a reason I liked this guy!

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Healers

Mara/Sent

The Rest

Ty man !

between 200 k and 300 k

what gives?

Intercede, guard swap onto a focused teammate, taunt on CD onto a Merc or sniper (high DPS enemy)

Edited by Liquor

The best is to find a healer that is bad enough that you can easily 1 v 1 as a tank and then taunt them to make them mad cause they probably wonder why a noob is killing them. :D

Makes me mad though when I taunt a healer and I was trying to target someone else. -.- lol

Edited by VixenRawR

Two utilities I always take as a tank Jugg. Warmonger and intimidating presence.

Why?

Warmonger lowers leap cooldown everytime I am attacked.

Intimidating presence increases saber reflect, but finishes the cooldown of interrupt everytime you leap.

Guarding is important, spamming taunt on highest dmg targets is also important. But flat out denying people their dmg is probably the most important as you can completely control them. Control their healers and cause them all to die. High protection isn't really needed if you can just control their healer, and force the dmg dealers to die faster.

(For example lets just say they enemy doesn't have immunities to interrupts): Interrupt the healer, the healer tries to heal again, leap to healer, the healer tries to heal again, interrupt the healer. The healer tries to heal again, force push the healer. The healer tries to heal again, leap to healer...the healer tries to heal again, interrupt the healer. The healer tries to heal again, backhand the healer. The healer after that tries to heal again...btw you are being tunneled this whole time and knocked about. So the healer probably is trying to escape so guess you are more than 10m away and force leap is up...you leap. The healer tries to heal again...you interrupt. The healer gets a heal off. Their white bar is gone. The healer tries to heal again, you leap,...interrupt...choke...I mean if you time it right with heals, the only thing they can do is use instant casts. I mean sure in reality they will have immunities and cc of their own...but it's crazy since you leap so much they will try to cc right after you leap. Hopefully you have unstoppable so you have your immunities for 4 seconds.

I dont think people fully understand the concept of LOCKING down a healer. Tunneling a healer. You can't screw around with it, you need to rip it apart, if you go into mid in a hypergate and say its 6 v 6...and they have a healer...there shouldnt be 1 person on the healer and someone aoeing next to it. There should be 6 people on the healer. Ripping it apart, interrupting the crap out of anything it tries to do, roots and slows, and only cc when it plans an escape with lower health. Only time to not focus a healer, in the flurry of dmg and crap an enemy falls to low hps and can be quickly finished in 1 - 2 hits as that will ease the burden on your team and make it even easier to kill the healer as you aren't going to die as fast.

I cannot think of one ...ONE circumstance that a tank should be tunneled in this manner. (Besides objectives like huttball...but even then the healer needs to be removed...usually a good knockback will do) ... Unless they like to chase and you can lure it away from heals with a certainty..its wasted. Just kill the healer through guard...if the heal is self absorbed in itself the guard will lower the tank...then the same principle applies, 1 -2 hits..finish it off then finish the healer off.

Of course all of this is priority short of actual objectives, if you can somehow not focus the healer and get every orb on hypergate, or cap both nodes with ease because of no guards...then do that. I mean objectives outweigh anything else as long as it's productive. ithin the last 45 seconds...its easy to hold as they don't know if you were ever going to mke an attempt.

The reason I don't take seething hatred on a tank is I should never be out of combat. I also take warbringer...you still still dish out dmg as a jugg tank...having vicious throw usuable at any hps with that many leaps is pretty hand. If I am out of combat for stuff to come up a lot...it means whatever I am doing is working really well and I don't need it as the people are dying.

Edited by VixenRawR