Mercs + Snipers > Sorc healfest anyday.

VixenRawR

Besides how crappy 5.0 is with the gear grind and other problems that I am sure we could fill a thousand posts about....the class unbalances now are so much better than 4.x.

I don't care how many times I get netted....its better than fighting the heal sorc premades that qued up every warzone for years. Sorcs are stupid from 3.0 thru 4.0...and they were no joke in 2.0...but could be managed.EDIT: Sorcs are still stupid as heals...just more nets to manage them. =)

At least people die now...not that I enjoy mercfests as it just shows how many bads have to play an easy mode class to perform and they usually don't.

I mean sure, mercs could heal to full 3 times...but at least eventually they will die unlike the 2 guardian tanks and 4 sages that seemed to grace the majority of ques in 4.x. Nothing more lovely then never seeing a target die. I still think sorc heals are stupid even now...but with all the nets they don't spend as many days inside barrier.

Still I hate the mentality of gamers. "Well mercs sucked for so long...its their time to shine." Like what is this? Whoever gets the sword in the stone is king...can't we have a democracy in pvp? >.< I am tired of one class clearly dominating and by obvious reasons. You can't even put a side by side comparison.

PT. Shoulder Cannon..Heal TO F...five percent health....Kolto overloads...heal to f..f...you died before the activation could go off. Though you had good intentions. Uh energy shield...yay a cooldown!

Mercs,oh h2f...oh h2f...oh h2f..(Re-read this and thought I was singing a Christmas song just then).oh medpack...oh look energy shields up...h2f. :D YAY pvp is fun. Yet the only difference is sorcs just h2f the entire warzone with guard and they never died...its like punching granite until breaking instead of titanium...

EAware has only gotten one thing right in all of this chaos...no penalty for quitting warzones. I am sometimes so glad to be out of a game filled with 7 sage heals, or the same double sync premade or the team with the marauder who is role playing a single blade until he avenges the death of his brother.

Edited by VixenRawR

EAware has only gotten one thing right in all of this chaos...no penalty for quitting warzones. I am sometimes so glad to be out of a game filled with 7 sage heals, or the same double sync premade or the team with the marauder who is role playing a single blade until he avenges the death of his brother.

That marauder is gimping his shyt like crazy! heh What difference does his character's background story make in a damn WZ?? heh I'm shocked people aren't ripping him a new one the very second they see he's only using one saber.

Way I see it, I agree with you, it doesn't matter who had it too good for too long way back when. It was wrong than, and it's wrong now. No one's entitled to be OP. The idea shouldn't be about giving each class its turn in "the spotlight" [OPness], it should be about turning the spotlight off.

I personally find Mercs and Snipers to be way over the top to obscene levels. Worse than any other class at any point in time in this game before. Whatever I may think, or you may think or any one elses opinion on such things, there are presently alot of very unhappy people who feel the class imbalances are ruining the game, certainly making it so a lot of them find it hard to take joy in PVP because they want to play the class they love and not be so totally owned by certain FOTM classes.

This is a business. Right and wrong don't mean squat. Keeping customers paying their subscriptions are what matter and BW is not doing a very good job of that of late and it's partially because they don't care, or don't know [even though they could know if they took the time to look] what the whispers are that are being carried on the prevailing winds of discontent.

They should invest some more time in finding out how the majority of players tend to feel about important segments of the game. This way just ain't worken out well.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Snipers aren't even that godly, they haven't changed much at all in 4.0. The reason there are so many snipers is that they are a good counter against Mercs.

In the end Class stacking is the issue, remove the merc threat, reduce sorc heals. I still think roaming mend should be a channel, and innervate is a channel as well...and the utility is to move while casting roaming mend. This would reduce a lot of sorcs insane mobility which is what makes them so strong already with all the instant casts they get. They don't even use dark infusion anymore cause they dont have to.

Honestly all cc, including slows and roots should build resolve. There should be no abilities to be immune from cc. Using any ability while stunned including dcd should be non-existent. Only your stun breaker should be used. CC should be reduced to range having knockback and a hard stun and a slow. Melee should have a hard stun, a root and a slow. That is it. Everyone should have an ability to reduce the healing capability of a player by 40-50%. Guard should be reduced, either by channel cast, protection percentage, or range...or even a certain ability to nulify a target so it can't be guarded for 4-6 seconds. That would be nice, as it stands now guard is probably the most op ability as it is untouchable. No way prevent someone from guarding. All skank tanks should get a greater guard reduction.

As it stands now, everyone should be on the level of merc burst and dmg in one form or another *dps specs*

Then maybe I would accept sorc heals. Also operative heals suffer, and pts just suffer in all corners. Pts should get mercs reflect shield. Why did they nerf shoulder cannon heal...it makes no sense...I just dont understand it I never even thought it was op to begin with.

Why cant ppl advocate for Class Balance instead of things always to be nerf? makes no sense to me.. I used to like Marauders but are merely a difference in Rwz. Juggernarts, and PT got nerf to the point were they had become obsolete, along with assassins which I prefer not to have them in my group.. and now the two classes that are on top, ppl are campaigning so they can be nerf.. which will make History repeat itself once other two classes come on top..ppl will then again campaign so they came be nerf , and this will go on and on.. What we need to do is get on dev's so they can balance classes

Why cant ppl advocate for Class Balance instead of things always to be nerf? makes no sense to me.. I used to like Marauders but are merely a difference in Rwz. Juggernarts, and PT got nerf to the point were they had become obsolete, along with assassins which I prefer not to have them in my group.. and now the two classes that are on top, ppl are campaigning so they can be nerf.. which will make History repeat itself once other two classes come on top..ppl will then again campaign so they came be nerf , and this will go on and on.. What we need to do is get on dev's so they can balance classes

How can you have balance when your have two classes that are already OP as hell without nerfing them? Buff every other class to their obscene levels?

No one likes to get nerfed, that's perfectly understandable, but sometimes mistakes are made especially when BW makes drastic changes to classes without running adequately thru test servers first. Human beings make mistakes. But when that happens, you correct it.

It was like those first two months of 5.0 when Carnage Marauders and Deception Sins were getting the benefits of their stance twice as much as they should have [double stance], yeah it was awesome, I loved all the extra free alacrity that was boosting my APMs, I had it for two months, I didn't want to lose it any more than the Deception sins wanted to loss the added DPS they were getting from their double stance. But it was unbalancing things so when they fixed that we lost power, our performance went noticeably down. But no one *****ed when they took it away because it was too much and it needed to go for the sake of class balance. So they took it away and we all moved on and no one died and no one had to stop playing their class because they lost some of the extra power.

Now, if you are not one of those people who think that there is something very wrong with the level of power Mercs and Snipers have compared to the other classes, certainly that's your prerogative, it just doesn't happen to be the way most people see it.. I don't believe for one second, that any half way experienced player does not know that Mercs and Snipers are OP, most of them just don't want to lose their supremacy. The irony is that there are many many examples of people who are playing mercs and have for years are coming forward and saying openly "Yeah, we're OP as hell". Where the self heals for marauder? Snipers were a pure DPS class too just like us, but they gave them self heals and more DCDs than we have by twice as much, and yet, I can't heal one bloody point of damage. - - - I shouldn't be able to heal, im a pure DPS class, I dont want self heals even tho they would be very helpful, because i dont think pure dps classes should have them, thats why it's called a glass cannon. Snipers aint glass, they're steel. They have better DPS, better uptime, take less damage than melee, have 8 times the range I do, twice as many DCDs and can heal. - Does that seem balanced to you? Sniper should be like Marauders, if they want to still be a pure DPS class, and if u have heals and DCDS up the A-hole, you shouldn't be doing more DPS than someone who can't heal one damn point of damage. They fight from 5 miles away from the people they are attacking, I have to be in their face to hit people, and they get heals? That's not balance.

I don't want a Buff for Marauders, we're not broken, we're fine, we're probably the most fairly balanced class in the game. Stop calling Snipers a pure DPS class and I'll stop ************ they can heal themselves.

Most people can very easily see that these two classes are over performing and not just a little bit, A LOT. Broken is the word you hear people using most frequently with regard to their over performance. So what do you do with something that is broken? You fix it. And when you start trying to fix things that aren't broken [the other classes] you usually end up breaking them.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Only thing which must be nerfed is sorc healer. Ppl will just start dying. Mercs dps OP only because of shield rebounder+trauma regulators, so basicly after kolto/reflect they have another 15 stacks of h2f. Just make it not possible to take these 2 utils in same time and mercs fixed.

Only thing which must be nerfed is sorc healer. Ppl will just start dying. Mercs dps OP only because of shield rebounder+trauma regulators, so basicly after kolto/reflect they have another 15 stacks of h2f. Just make it not possible to take these 2 utils in same time and mercs fixed.

Ya know, I get why people feel that sorc healers are a bit to much, but I don't know why, but it doesnt seem OP to me in the same way mercs and snipers do. I know most people see them the same way and that I'm the odd one out. Maybe its because I'm so dependent healers to heal me.

I don't even mind so much that Mercs and Snipers have heals, there's just no downside to them. They have top tier DCDS, good healing abilities, high DPS, you put all those things together, and that's what the problem is, least that's kinda how I see it. The more heals you have, the less DPS output you should have. You give some classes all of these things and than classes who don't have all those things have to go up against them, you can't have balance that way.

Your suggestion would probably help a lot. - Yeah it's easy enough to stop attacking them when their shield goes up so that you don't heal them. This would be a great tactic if they weren't in the meantime lighting you up with 40k heatseekers and blazing bolts the whole time. I can't attack you, but I have to just let you blow my brains out while I wait because you just slowed me before u hit the shield so I cant break LOS in time. Perfectly reasonable, hey? heh. It's not like the heal is the only thing they are getting out of it. They're essentially invulnerable during it cuz no ones damaging them.

What you are suggesting would make mercs useless.... They are beyond nerfing now. Bioware should have taken action 1 month 1.5 months after 5.0 launched. it's may and this joke called mercenary is still going on and devs are sotally silent when it comes to class balance.

I suspect that there is a strong chance that they won't do anything about class balance. Maybe nerf maras and sins a little bit.

This could be easily done by swapping places of shield rebounder util from tier 3 with supercharged defense from tier 4. Then arsenal can't take thrill, trauma reg and rebounder at the same time, io could still feasibly go full merc tank though.

The main reason you're seeing endless groups of sorc heals and also immortal juggs for that matter is that they were both left in the dust when it came to DPS specs. Until that changes smart players will just play those specs.

Snipers aren't just for anti merc. they're the anti melee class.

I actually had a revelation earlier. If sniper cover stopped being charge and pull proof, engineer would go from top tier to eh tier.

not saying bioware should, just saying, they would no longer be melee proof.

I've never understood the rationale behind making a sniper leap-proof. I can understand entrench nullifying controlling effects, etc,, but not how it can make it impossible to leap to the target. Make it impossible to do damage or stun on leap - fine, that makes perfect sense. But how can they prevent you from leaping to them? It doesn't make sense to me.

Really funny I don't see it. In fact the new trend now is to forgo other sorcs specs and go heals because it pretty much takes 3-4 to kill one so rules out solo capping because now the unneeded or extra heals can guard. Throw in that the rest of the team make up is usually mercs snipers and jugs and you got yourself a pointless match with one inevitable outcome. Bioware lacks the common sense, innovation to even do class balance runs to at the very least show that they're attempting to put forth an effort. No instead we get another outlaws Den which is populated about as much as the aforementioned open world pvp despite being told countless times IT WOULDN"T WORK. All that time and effort wasted when the entire community has been asking for a balance pass!

Snipers aren't just for anti merc. they're the anti melee class.

I actually had a revelation earlier. If sniper cover stopped being charge and pull proof, engineer would go from top tier to eh tier.

not saying bioware should, just saying, they would no longer be melee proof.

The only relevant fact is it breaks trinity. ANY DPS spec that ends up with defenses that enable survival i.e granting 2-3 lives plus also putting out high DPS breaks trinty! Once this occurs you are no longer a DPS spec your a hybrid spec i.e. pseudo DPS pseudo tank . Now common sense (which bioware completely lacks) tells us that if your a pseudo tank/Dps spec you should naturally NOT be able to put out DPS that is equivalent to a pure DPS (glass cannon specs) because what prey-tell is the point in playing a pure DPS(glass cannon) spec when I can play a hybrid that puts out what the Pure DPS glass cannon spec does and yet not be a glass cannon and in the process rendering all other glass cannon spec moot. Which is plainly evident in every fricken match that queues today. 3-4 merc 3-4 snipers followed by either sorc heals or jugs.

One final note fore the love of god STOP giving DPS specs abilities that heal when dmg'd unless you do it to ALL DPS SPECS!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

How can you have balance when your have two classes that are already OP as hell without nerfing them? Buff every other class to their obscene levels?

No one likes to get nerfed, that's perfectly understandable, but sometimes mistakes are made especially when BW makes drastic changes to classes without running adequately thru test servers first. Human beings make mistakes. But when that happens, you correct it.

It was like those first two months of 5.0 when Carnage Marauders and Deception Sins were getting the benefits of their stance twice as much as they should have [double stance], yeah it was awesome, I loved all the extra free alacrity that was boosting my APMs, I had it for two months, I didn't want to lose it any more than the Deception sins wanted to loss the added DPS they were getting from their double stance. But it was unbalancing things so when they fixed that we lost power, our performance went noticeably down. But no one *****ed when they took it away because it was too much and it needed to go for the sake of class balance. So they took it away and we all moved on and no one died and no one had to stop playing their class because they lost some of the extra power.

Now, if you are not one of those people who think that there is something very wrong with the level of power Mercs and Snipers have compared to the other classes, certainly that's your prerogative, it just doesn't happen to be the way most people see it.. I don't believe for one second, that any half way experienced player does not know that Mercs and Snipers are OP, most of them just don't want to lose their supremacy. The irony is that there are many many examples of people who are playing mercs and have for years are coming forward and saying openly "Yeah, we're OP as hell". Where the self heals for marauder? Snipers were a pure DPS class too just like us, but they gave them self heals and more DCDs than we have by twice as much, and yet, I can't heal one bloody point of damage. - - - I shouldn't be able to heal, im a pure DPS class, I dont want self heals even tho they would be very helpful, because i dont think pure dps classes should have them, thats why it's called a glass cannon. Snipers aint glass, they're steel. They have better DPS, better uptime, take less damage than melee, have 8 times the range I do, twice as many DCDs and can heal. - Does that seem balanced to you? Sniper should be like Marauders, if they want to still be a pure DPS class, and if u have heals and DCDS up the A-hole, you shouldn't be doing more DPS than someone who can't heal one damn point of damage. They fight from 5 miles away from the people they are attacking, I have to be in their face to hit people, and they get heals? That's not balance.

I don't want a Buff for Marauders, we're not broken, we're fine, we're probably the most fairly balanced class in the game. Stop calling Snipers a pure DPS class and I'll stop ************ they can heal themselves.

Most people can very easily see that these two classes are over performing and not just a little bit, A LOT. Broken is the word you hear people using most frequently with regard to their over performance. So what do you do with something that is broken? You fix it. And when you start trying to fix things that aren't broken [the other classes] you usually end up breaking them.

I disagree they shouldn't have taken it out unless they were going to address the merc/sniper balance at that time as well at least then I was semi balanced going against mercs

Because the dev's don't understand the dam trinity! Nerf or buff makes no difference its the same out come! Adhere to trinity. DPS (glass cannons) if you put out huge dmg then your a glass cannon. Heals should be a limit to how much healing can be done i.e you run out of force or have to channel. Heals should never be able to out heal Pure DPS in one on one match eventually DPS wins through attrition. (This removes the new emerging trend of sorc heal's used to guard pylons and such. Tank should never do dps should be support class that either grants buff or does de-buffs and guards. Could be done via channeling think jedi/sith battle meditation. Finally if you must have hybrids they should do half the DPS that a glass cannon could due to pseudo tank abilities.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin