New Level 50 with Cybertech

agentsalloum

I've been scouring forums for days and I have a few questions if people don't mind assisting me a bit. As stated in the topic I'm a new level 50 and I have Cybertech/Scavenging/UT. I've seen good and bad comments about slicing pairing with cybertech in lieu of either UT or scavenging but most of the posts are rather old. What's the story on this? Is it worth it to drop one of those two for Slicing?

Another question, now that I'm 50 and I'm just now starting to get into dailies, are there any "must have" schematics other than the epic ship parts that I need to go locate? If so would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

I know cybtertech isn't exactly the best of the crew skills right now, but I've decide to keep it in hopes it'll eventually get a boost. Thanks in advance for any information!

First off, grats on 50!

On topic, I went a different route and did slicing/scavenging/UT while leveling and dropped slicing at 50 to power level cyber, but I didn't gain a whole lot from it, other than the pre-nerf levels of credits. I certainly don't think it's worth dropping scav or UT for it at this point, both will benefit you more as you RE new schems, especially UT for the mando iron.

Slicing will give you the schematics for the ship parts(grade 2 and epic versions) and the speeders, all of which can be obtained off the GTN for dirt cheap if your server is anything like the 2 I play on.

To give you an idea on how often those schems dropped for slicers pre-1.2, I had 4 or more of each schem sitting in my cargo bay (13 of the damn speeder schems).

In most cases people are selling them for well under even the default suggested GTN price hoping someone will take them off their hands.

So, from a cybertech perspective, no, don't try to pick up slicing. A trip to the GTN can accomplish the same thing in about 5 minutes and probably under 50k.

As for "must-have" schems, I gave up on crafting for profit a while back when my server pop started to decline, so someone else will have to comment.

Edited by Okolo

Grats on 50!

A lot of the cybertech schematics are simply vendored, so if that's why you want slicing. Don't. However, slicing is a very good profession to generate money, especially if you have at least 3 max-affection companions or any who have +Slicing crit.

Cybertech is a bit fickle. In general you won't be making money until you learn a pattern from Reverse Engineering one of the new ones, which can be accomplished in a few ways but is time consuming and a gamble. You need to either do the newest raid zone, Explosive Conflict/Denova or you need to do your weeklies and buy Black Hole gear then pull the mods out and reverse engineer them. 20% chance to reverse engineer.

What you definitely want to do be doing however is your space mission dailies. Buy the epic box for 200 tokens. This'll get you the materials for the best crafting currently in the game. Either hoard the mats till you learn the appropriate Cybertech recipes, sell them or try to find a crafter to utilize them.

First off, grats on 50!

On topic, I went a different route and did slicing/scavenging/UT while leveling and dropped slicing at 50 to power level cyber, but I didn't gain a whole lot from it, other than the pre-nerf levels of credits. I certainly don't think it's worth dropping scav or UT for it at this point, both will benefit you more as you RE new schems, especially UT for the mando iron.

Slicing will give you the schematics for the ship parts(grade 2 and epic versions) and the speeders, all of which can be obtained off the GTN for dirt cheap if your server is anything like the 2 I play on.

To give you an idea on how often those schems dropped for slicers pre-1.2, I had 4 or more of each schem sitting in my cargo bay (13 of the damn speeder schems).

In most cases people are selling them for well under even the default suggested GTN price hoping someone will take them off their hands.

So, from a cybertech perspective, no, don't try to pick up slicing. A trip to the GTN can accomplish the same thing in about 5 minutes and probably under 50k.

As for "must-have" schems, I gave up on crafting for profit a while back when my server pop started to decline, so someone else will have to comment.

Don't forget the augment schematics and materials that come from slicing that are only usable by Armormech, Armstech, and Synthweaving.