Can you ease the restrictions on the GroupFinder?

MDresidentx

I was in a mission today with 3 other people and we weren't having success on a mission. They all left first and I was left alone but I couldn't requeue or and when I quit I was put on a timer and not able to relist in the groupfinder.

People leave groups for many reasons. Since we have the ability to requeue, we can replace members who leave easily.

Can you remove the timer that prevents us for rejoining?

See Screenshot Below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjApVpgq6WQ0irAX82BARjqM37XOug?e=hkVEtT

Edited by MDresidentx

I was in a mission today with 3 other people and we weren't having success on a mission. They all left first and I was left alone but I couldn't requeue or and when I quit I was put on a timer and not able to relist in the groupfinder.

People leave groups for many reasons. Since we have the ability to requeue, we can replace members who leave easily.

See Screenshot Below:

The timer is there to stop people jumping in and out of FP's all the time. But if you were the only person left, you should have been able to leave the fp without a timer, because everyone else was gone. :/

I don't see the harm in people jumping in and out flashpoints. Sometimes it's better if someone leaves because companions are a lot better than some players I've seen in game.

On the rare occasions I pug a flashpoint, and if it pops something like Copero or Umbara, there is absolutely no way I'm gonna waste my time with people who might not be competent enough to finish them, so I'll just leave the group if one of those pops. I get a lockout, but it doesn't prevent me from re-entering queue. I will just switch toon, and ignore someone in the previous group so I won't end up with them again. So no, lockout doesn't prevent people from jumping in and out, at all, it just makes pugging a bit more complicated, and when it gets complicated enough, less people will use GF, and queue times will get longer.

A few times I've managed to join an ongoing FP, only to find out that I am being kicked while I'm still on loading screen, because they were expecting someone else. Sure, I get that, but what I don't get why do I get a 15 minute lockout, when the decision to leave the FP wasn't mine in the first place. I'm gonna have to swap toons because group of people I don't even know decided so. The same happens when people are kicked from an ops group because the group was expecting someone else: the innocent party will get a lockout and the group that kicked the "wrong" person, can continue normally, even though they f*cked up someone else's gaming for 15 minutes.

So yeah, remove lockouts from GF stuff. There is none in pvp, so why are pve players forced to swap toons or wait until the lock expires. Doesn't make much sense.

See Screenshot Below:

It's not a bug, but working as intended. Since you already started the flashpoint and the group was automatically cancelled due to everyone else leaving, you lose the ability to enter the replacement queue but still have an active phase. Entering the regular (not replacement) queue again would create a phase conflict. Next time simply right-click your character portrait while you are outside the flashpoint instance and reset all active phases. You should be able to queue again afterwards.

Edited by Phazonfreak