Mag Shot Animation Sucks. Change it back to Rail Shot or change Mag Shot to Rail Bolt

MercenaryPlayer

Hey SWTOR Development Team,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9t_...ature=youtu.be

I'm still having the same issue with Mag Shot that I've had since before 5.0 Mercs got their "fixes". No help. No reply from anyone associated with the development team. Nothing from anyone associated with the creation of this spec or these abilities. Can I please get a developer of SWTOR to tell me why Mag Shot does this? Why do we have to pull the guns back like that for? That's just not a very good animation choice for maximum synergy and smooth flow with IO's other abilities. It's hard to describe in words so I just had to record it to show what I mean. It's a "clunky" animation and feels really out of place on IO. IO is just the old Pyro Tech Mercs from before 3.0 with a longer name. Rail Shot worked well in succession with Unload and Thermal Detonator. I never had an issue with it back then. Only after 3.0 came out did I start having these weird animation buggy/glitchy issues.

I took the time to record clips of what I mean since trying to just explain it to someone who has never played the spec before is really difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSHWJGDKwk

Assuming that Blazing Bolts is Unload and Explosive Dart is Thermal Detonator this is what I mean by "more synergy" with IO's other abilities.

Rail Shot fires instantly like it is suppose to. But with the 1st clip I linked Mag Shot doesn't fire right away like Rail Shot does. Mag Shot with its "clunky" animation takes longer to fire. Mag Shot is suppose to be the "improved version of Rail Shot" according the the ability description. Well I'm here to tell you as a long time IO player that it's not an improvement.

I guess the point I'm trying to drive home here is that this ability feels out of place on IO Mercs. If Mercs are suppose to be a mirror class/spec of Commandos then why do we have that "clunky" Trick Shot animation off Gunslingers? Gunslingers are the Republic version of Imperial Snipers and I feel the only reason that animation works better on Gunslingers is they're more stationary than Mercs and do way less kiting. It's the reasoning behind the animation choice that confuses me and I need some answers. Why was it ever changed from Rail Shot? What was the brilliant thought process behind that change, I am sincerely curious and would like to know as a player and paying customer.

We're Bounty Hunters, not Han freaking Solo hip shootin' Greedo from underneath a table in a cantina. I'm telling you that animation just feels out of place on a Merc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy_O7WYndVs

My other issues with Mag Shot are how it works when I'm flying kites. I pvp a lot and I do a lot of kiting. Does anyone on the development team have any idea how hard it is to burst Thermal Detonator/Mag Shot combo on people when you get this unnecessary "clip" or "hiccup" associated with what is suppose to be IO's hardest hitting ability?

Mag Shot is suppose to detonate Thermal Detonator but for me a lot of the time it detonates before Mag Shot even fires off leaving me without that intended massive damage boost from the combination of the two abilities. And when it locks up like that for 3 seconds, whomever I am fighting in PvP has a comfortable 3 seconds to decide which dcd he/she wants to use to eat up the delayed Mag Shot.

The last few issues are about the bolts themselves. How they look now is just absurd. IO's main dot is a fire based attack yet Mag Shot bolts don't even resemble anything close to fiery or flame covered bolts and considering the main dot is fire related the 2 "orbs" just look and feel out of place. I personally hated the 3.0 version of Mag Shot too but in comparison it looked a thousand times better than its current version. Perhaps giving IO a new animation similar to Rail Shot or Rail Bolt with a flaming bolt would be a cool new look. It's what I imagine it should look like but, that's just my personal opinion.

Lastly the animation tracking itself is really not aesthetically pleasing to look at. The bolts don't connect with the target a lot of the time and it really kills the immersion of playing the spec and ultimately the desire to try hard and play to win.

I feel my solution would bring some much needed synergy to IO's ability lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgPZJM1xKuk

I strongly feel like either of these two animations would clear up that ability lag issue. Thermal Detonator is already being thrown with the same freaking arm that Rail Shot used to fire from, there would be no need for the unnecessary dropping of the hands to fire. Canceling out any chance of there being that ability delay that is present with Mag Shot.

Mag Shot really makes me feel like I'm currently subscribed to a game that's still in alpha testing. Like a game in its most unpolished form. I'm not sure what "feel" the development team was aiming for with this spec but, it feels "clunky" and "unpolished" at times when I play it.

Please change Mag Shot. Rail Shot or Rail Bolt. Either one is fine with me. Anything but Mag Shot.