HK-55 Companion And Chapter

Wweekesy

Hi everyone !, it has been over 2 years since the HK-55 subscription reward was made available, now i know this is a sore subject, and a lot of people get annoyed because they want stuff that other people can't get, but this is different, i'm not asking for a founder title, it was a subscriber reward, and like the Nico Okarr and Shae Vizla companions, HK-55 can come back, as the whole Knights expansions has come to an end, i think it's time to let everyone experience the Whole package, let us get that last chapter and companion, this game is mainly based on story content, Don't lock the HK-55 chapter behind a timed subscription reward, even if it has to be sold for cartel coins or real money, i know a lot of people would buy it, i know alot of people will get annoyed about this, but they did get over Nico Okarr and Shae Vizla aswell, they will get over it, let us experience everything the knights expansion has to offer !

As stated by someone else below, letting us earn this through staying subscribed for a certain amount of time sounds like a fantastic way for people to earn it again, exactly the same way people did last time, I think it was 4 months (please correct me if i’m Wrong) or releasing a anniversary pack which contains 4 months of subscription time (or however long) and which comes with the HK-55 chapter and companion, yes, it will be like 50gbp around about as the cheapeast reoccurring subscription is 8.99 GBP, this makes sense, round it to 10GBP and give us 4 months time, and charge a little extra for giving us HK-55 aswell which will add up to 40GBP for the 4 months, then 10 extra for the HK-55 chapter and companion, or just re-release it as a “stay subscribed for this amount of time” I think either way is great, or maybe both, re-releasing HK-55 will get BW loads of subs, just in time for 5.10 !

Edited by Wweekesy

I don't have and yes would be nice. However it would depend on how HK-55 was given. If it was brought of cartel then yes, free in game no. If it was on cartel then would I buy it? well that would depend on how much, same as Treek yes more probably not. Still not having any of the promotional companions it be nice to get Paxton next month. I really hope he can be customized with outfits. Edited by TalleraLane

Yes! About time...

Besides, ALL promotions of that kind are so outstanding dumb that I have almost no words (and they just are going to release another one off that kind lol, unbelievable - Paxton), also from Bioware's perspective.

What is the sense in rewarding people who are subs on day or short time span X?

See, I've started to play this game February 2016, shortly after the HK promotion ended but I'm subbed ever since. Those who got that reward might not even play this game anymore or were not subbed for a day since then.

Why not reward people for total time subbed and not for a certain day or short time span - that makes like a 1000 times more sense, also for Bioware!?

Edited by Khaleg

i Wasn't expecting to get so many replies ! if they were to re-release the hk-55 chapter and companion the same way they did last time with a contentious subscription for however long, that would also be great, however they want it to be done, or maybe a anniversary deal that gives however many days of subscription along with the HK-55 stuff, that would be awesome, i would pay however much for 6 months [however long the subscription needed to be] with the HK-55 stuff, that would make a great package deal, BW get a bunch of subscriptions from people, and it will give people another chance to get HK-55 ! everyone is a winner !

Well as someone who missed that because of 1-2 days of being unsubbed, but had been a sub for far more than 6 month overall, i would be fine with them re-releasing that.

They could either offer it for people who have had a sub for more than 6 month or under the same conditions as before, i'd be ok with both solutions.

As I said on the other thread, IMHO it would be fair to offer it with the same terms as before, ie, subbed for the same number of months.

They've said the KOTFE/ET era is ending and that content is part of it. Now would be the time to release it again, especially since we're so starved for anything new to do in the game.

They could always give subs who had it previously something else as a perk, or perhaps make it so that Z0-0M remains only for them.

Hello ! i know i've made a few posts about this already, and it probably won't get seen, but it's worth trying ! So it has been over 2 years since HK-55, while this promotion was going on, to unlock the chapter you had to be subscribed from January 11th till August 1st. To unlock the recruitment alert for HK-55 you just had to be subscribed during this period, not start to finish, so giving a way to unlock the chapter is tricky, but to unlock the companion alert isn't, just like Nico Okarr and Shae Vizla's timed subscription reward, it can come back, after all, Nico Okarr and Shae Vizla have been made available twice now. I think it has been more than enough time to re-release HK-55 as a companion, and the chapter in that case, let everyone get everything from the knights expansion as it has pretty much come to an end now ! even if there is a 4 month subscription period for all of it, doing something like this will boost the player base like crazy ! just in time for 5.10 ! the playerbase get something they want, and BW get a bunch of subscriptions !

They don't and will not post a reply to anything in regards to suggestions. It has nothing to do with not being seen, they have stated in the past that they don't respond because they don't want to set the expectation that a suggestion may possibly be looked into or implemented or that others are less important.

So you do not need to keep making multiple threads. Not only is it against the forum rules, it's not going to get a response. Eric talked about responding to suggestions in this thread here.

It is actually by design that we respond rarely/if ever in the Suggestion Box forum. I can tell you that the team definitely reads that forum often to see what players would like to see. The challenge is that if we respond to specific threads or ideas, it will set an expectation that the idea is "confirmed going into the game" or could make other people feel like their ideas are getting less attention.

It is that sensitivity that keeps us from not posting in there. We do read it though, so keep the suggestions coming!

-eric

PS - I should move this to the suggestion box since it is a suggestion, but then I wouldn't respond :rak_03:

Edited by Nightblazer

I will echo the above that they're not going to respond and there really is no need to keep making posts about this subject. Particularly since it's a subject that has been brought up many times.

That said, I agree. The module should be brought back as a cartel market unlock. Those who were granted access as part of the 2016 subscriber reward program will argue that they had to subscribe for seven months to be eligible to access Arma Rasa. That argument is disingenuous and fails on two counts. First, they ignore the other subscriber rewards, most of which are not being asked for, that they received as part of that seven month subscription: i.e., HK-55 as a companion (Jan) (should be included with the cartel unlock, doesn't really make sense without), HK-55 inspired jetpack (Feb), HK-55 inspired helmet (Mar), HK-55 inspired weapons (Apr), HK-55 inspired ship droid customizations (May), Eternal Empire Patroller Mount (Jun), and HK-55 Victory Stronghold Decoration (Jul). That was all in addition to getting Arma Rasa and early access to each chapter of Fallen Empire as it was released. Secondly, it fails because no one seriously expects anyone to pay full price for a two-year old phone, a computer, a TV, a game, pretty much any technology. But they expect you to pay full price for this. Something that was in addition to their subscription, and everything else that comes along with that, and something that many of them would have maintained anyhow.

The unlock price for Section X, 375 coins per character, 900 coins for account, would be a good price point considering that both Section X and Arma Rasa grant a companion (two for Arma Rasa if HK-55 is included) but Section X is more repeatable.

They don't and will not post a reply to anything in regards to suggestions. It has nothing to do with not being seen, they have stated in the past that they don't respond because they don't want to set the expectation that a suggestion may possibly be looked into or implemented or that others are less important.

So you do not need to keep making multiple threads. Not only is it against the forum rules, it's not going to get a response. Eric talked about responding to suggestions in this thread here.

There are wishes that have been set here forever and that several times. But they are never implemented. Small example: That you can finish the Oricon Quest solo. That's what so many want. But you never get an answer if / when it is done. Or why they do not do it. :rolleyes:

The unlock price for Section X, 375 coins per character, 900 coins for account, would be a good price point considering that both Section X and Arma Rasa grant a companion (two for Arma Rasa if HK-55 is included) but Section X is more repeatable.

I think your pricing is completely off base here. Section X grants an area where you can access part of a quest to get a companion, it does not grant a companion. (And it really should be free to preferred players along with all other expansion areas.)

The standard cartel market price for a companion is 2100CC. The content being asked for has two. The standard cartel price for gold decorations is 575cc. The closest thing to a chapter available is the 8 datacubes needed for the Shroud cutscenes. They aren't currently on the CM, but the cheapest gold toy available is 650cc, and it takes 8, so 5200cc. (Don't scream at that price, that is what top end weapons sell for.)

So you are asking for 9975cc worth of stuff for 375, which is the going rate for one silver toy.

Whether or not CM prices are too high is a different discussion. For the record I think they are.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Point of fact:

* Arma Rasa grants one and only one companion, HK-55, because it is the "get a new companion called HK-55" mission.

* Shroud of Memory grants one and only one companion: Z0-0M, and requires (by implication) that you already have HK-55. It does *not* grant HK-55.

And of course, as always, the reason to *not* do this has nothing to do with exclusivity or "people should pay what we paid" or any of that nonsense.

No. It is very much simpler. If ever there is a similar offer made (like, for example, Paxton Rall, to cite a recent example), the "incentive value" of that offer will be significantly reduced (arguably, it already has been).

Arma Rasa and Shroud of Memory are not-so-subtly different in this regard. HK-55 (Arma Rasa) isn't really very different to Nico or Shae, but Shroud of Memory is a significant chunk of story-like content. It required a significant commitment of subscription time. At the time, there were people boasting of how they were going to unsubscribe until all of KotFE had been released, and there were even people who stayed subscribed *solely* to get Shroud of Memory. One of them posted on one of the threads about this to say so, and that if he knew back then that it would eventually be possible to get SoM without the seven months of subscription time, he wouldn't have stayed subscribed at that time.

And yes, it's safe (but probably not correct) to argue that if there has been a decision to never re-release SoM, it was done in part to spite the people who unsubbed for that time and then subbed again to collect all the chapters of KotFE.

I think the events should be brought back. Grant the missions to get HK 55 and Zoom. Relaunch Light vs dark event. Let people get the companions the same way we did.

That being said, on Odessen, in that doorway we all know about (unless you got NONE of these) there's a spot for HK 51, HK 55, and Zoom. It seems off balanced. There's room for one more.

How about HK 47 on the cartel market? 55 and 51 should stay the way they are and not made easier, but each HK has a different color scheme. We'd still know who earned it and who bought it.

Just for kicks, the Shroud of memory could allow HK 55 to recover the head of 47 and recover pieces for his chassis similar to the search for hk 51 parts. This twist is for the purists who want it worked for.

Point of fact:

* Arma Rasa grants one and only one companion, HK-55, because it is the "get a new companion called HK-55" mission.

* Shroud of Memory grants one and only one companion: Z0-0M, and requires (by implication) that you already have HK-55. It does *not* grant HK-55.

And of course, as always, the reason to *not* do this has nothing to do with exclusivity or "people should pay what we paid" or any of that nonsense.

No. It is very much simpler. If ever there is a similar offer made (like, for example, Paxton Rall, to cite a recent example), the "incentive value" of that offer will be significantly reduced (arguably, it already has been).

Arma Rasa and Shroud of Memory are not-so-subtly different in this regard. HK-55 (Arma Rasa) isn't really very different to Nico or Shae, but Shroud of Memory is a significant chunk of story-like content. It required a significant commitment of subscription time. At the time, there were people boasting of how they were going to unsubscribe until all of KotFE had been released, and there were even people who stayed subscribed *solely* to get Shroud of Memory. One of them posted on one of the threads about this to say so, and that if he knew back then that it would eventually be possible to get SoM without the seven months of subscription time, he wouldn't have stayed subscribed at that time.

And yes, it's safe (but probably not correct) to argue that if there has been a decision to never re-release SoM, it was done in part to spite the people who unsubbed for that time and then subbed again to collect all the chapters of KotFE.

Yes, I said Arma Rasa when I meant Shroud of Memory. At the time I was likely thinking of the two as one since, as you pointed out, completing one is required to complete the other. Doesn't change the point or invalidate my argument. This is 2+ year old content. People who subbed at that time solely for SoM got exactly what they paid for, which I outlined above. Offer Arma Rasa and SoM as two separate unlocks then.

That post you quoted was from another thread that was merged with this one. The point of this thread is the "HK-55 Companion And Chapter," so let's talk about rerunning that. In order to qualify for the HK-55 chapter, and thus to get HK-55 as a companion, the sole requirement, the one and only thing that people had to do, was be subscribed on 11 Jan, 2016.

No 7-month continual subscription required. In this manner HK-55 is just like Shae Vizla, Nico Okarr, and Paxton Rall, and certainly less work than Darth Hexid (either the first or current method to receive her). So yes, lets do that again. Sub for one day in one month and get HK-55 chapter and companion. Or, do like I suggested, and make it a cartel unlock that requires, at minimum, two months of subscription (if using one's CC grant) to unlock for one's account.

snip

The only thing you proved is that the CM companions are overpriced. They're designer chihuahuas. A cute status symbol but ultimately they serve no purpose than to cost a lot.

Edited by ceryxp