Most Boring/Best class/gender voice in game?

jediknightmiles

Thats one of the reasons I like the JK and Consular both, also enjoyed both their stories. They are so different and they are supposed to be. That is what actually makes for some great voice acting.

Satele and the Female Trooper - voiced by the same person yet completely different personalities again makes for great VA work.

Personally I say kudos to them all. They have all done a good job presenting unqiue chracters with unique personalities. Of course not all personalities are going to be to everyones tastes - which is where choice is good to :)

It really depends on the character you've created and the path you go.

Other than the SI I've mentioned, JC's voice would be fine for a typical light sider, but mine was a ruthless, arrogant Knight Templar, so her voice didn't satisfy me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on the character you've created and the path you go.

Other than the SI I've mentioned, JC's voice would be fine for a typical light sider, but mine was a ruthless, arrogant Knight Templar, so her voice didn't satisfy me.

Yah, I usually go LS so the more chipper - perhaps not as stoic Jedi for the Jedi Knight actually suits me really well just as the more stoic consular also suits me - as it suits the roles they both play within their stories.

I've only played one DS character thus far and that's the Inquisitor ( I also have a LS inquisitor ).

Playing LS on Imp side is also not without its flaws though, there are often times lines choices don't really suit what I would pick but I guess you still have to appear dark enough that they dont simply toss you in Jail for being a traitor or something heh. I am sure the same also runs through for Pub playing a DS char.

Best: Female SW, closely followed by female Smuggler, and enjoying the rest of the female VA (except JC).

Worst: Female JC. Dull, and often without inflection.

I don't play male characters that often, so I'm unfamiliar with most of the male voice acting. I remember making a male Smuggler once. I still favor the female Smuggler voice acting, but I liked the male Smuggler VA, IIRC. I began making male JCs to avoid listening to the female JC's VA. The male JC voice acting is okay, better than the female JC voice acting.

I don't dislike the voices in the game per se, but I can point out more my favorites or nonfavorites to best/worst.

Favorites: Female Agent, Male Agent, the companions (even the annoying ones), most of the NPCs, Theron, Lana, Koth, Male Sith Warrior

Least Favorites: Male Smuggler (sometimes it's like he puts emphasis in the wrong spots), Male Bounty Hunter (way too growly and deep for me), Male Consular, Female Smuggler (some parts she's great and some I'm like 'you don't gotta sound sarcastic 24/7)

Female:

Worst: Female JK. Doesn't work if you're DS. Sounds too sweet and nice.

Best: SIN --by far.

Male:

Worst: not sure, because I only have a male BH, SW and SIN.

Best: Male warrior (<3) --girls, get a male warrior, trust me. I like the male SIN too. Works really well with my rattataki guy.

I don't have a worst. I like all the voices. My favorites are Theron Shan's voice, the imperial agent (male and female) and sith inquisitor (male and female). Sometimes I wonder if the male inquisitor VA also did the voice for Ffon. It sounds to similar. I also like the male sith warrior voice a lot. What can I say - I am fond of British accents :D. I also like Quinn's and Elara's voice and Lana.

i only know the fem voices

Love: Inquisitor (LS/funny>DS), Warrior (LS & DS both), Agent (pragmatic>menacing), Bounty Hunter (anytime), Knight (with Asian face and grey-aligned)

Like: Consular (DS>LS), Smuggler (sarcastic/carefree>goody two-shoes), and Trooper (always sounds the same to me)

I know no one asked but for comps I love almost all their voices as well.

My favourite voice is the German female trooper. <3

Unfortunately I had to switch to English in order to save space on my SSD. The English voice of the female trooper is disappointing if you got used to the German one.

In general, I prefer the German voices for the classes - unless the English ones speak with British accents. :cool:

I have to buck the trend and say I strongly disagree with those who think the Female Consular is the worst. I think she's one of the best VAs for player characters in the game. She actually sounds like a Jedi from the films, unlike some of the others. In comparison the Jedi Knight VAs sometimes emote a bit too much.

I also get that its a bit subjective, but even if you don't like the female Consular's voice acting...how can anyone argue she's worse than the male Consular?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Best: Male warrior (<3) --girls, get a male warrior, trust me..

I'll second this. I always had a female warrior as my main and then something happened in my brain (and pants) when I heard his voice and I had to switch to him. The only downside to that is Quinn being straight :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( At least we have ... ? .. Theron. .... :(:(:(:(:(

So yeah.... best is male warrior. I get excited.

Worst are the male consular and male jedi knight. I really cannot emphasis enough how much I dislike the consular, it makes me refuse to play the class.

• 2 years later...

Worst: Female Smuggler. I just can't stand her voice. I like the character but something about the voice is just annoying to me. Someone said it sounds forced or like she's trying to sound southern. I don't know what it is but sometimes her delivery of lines is just absolutely terrible. Especially if you want your character to be cool and calm and she just comes across as quirky and trashy.

Best: Female Agent. I love her voice, she's truly terrific and makes the character come alive. Big reason I fell in love with the agents story from the first. Honorable mentions go to male BH, male SW and male Inquisitor.

Hmm, there are so many great voices in this game. It's hard to pick one favorite, but it's very easy to pick the worst cause they stick out like a sore thumb.

Worst Female Voice: Female JC, and Female Trooper (mostly because all I hear is tough Satele)

Worst Male Voice: Male Consular.

Seriously consular is the worst for me in every way...what did they do, feed these VA's a handful of valium before making them read their lines?

Best voices:

Female: SW, JK, SI, Agent

Male: SW, Agent, Inq

You don't like the sweet voice of Nolan North (Male Consular)?

I personally dislike intensely the voice of the female Smuggler. I can't ... stand ... how ... she sounds.

Worst: Female Smuggler. I just can't stand her voice. I like the character but something about the voice is just annoying to me. Someone said it sounds forced or like she's trying to sound southern. I don't know what it is but sometimes her delivery of lines is just absolutely terrible. Especially if you want your character to be cool and calm and she just comes across as quirky and trashy.

Best: Female Agent. I love her voice, she's truly terrific and makes the character come alive. Big reason I fell in love with the agents story from the first. Honorable mentions go to male BH, male SW and male Inquisitor.

You beat me to it. I agree completely with you about the female smuggler. Every line... I want to tear my own eyeballs out to stick them in my ear drums.

You don't like the sweet voice of Nolan North (Male Consular)?

I personally dislike intensely the voice of the female Smuggler. I can't ... stand ... how ... she sounds.

Nolan North's approach to the voice-over acting for his role is a walking Xanax commercial.

Hi. I'm Barsen'thor. I got that way. From being. Calm. Really. Calm. While. Fighting. Maybe. If you. Want to join me. We can. Be calm. Together.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Nolan North's approach to the voice-over acting for his role is a walking Xanax commercial.

Hi. I'm Barsen'thor. I got that way. From being. Calm. Really. Calm. While. Fighting. Maybe. If you. Want to join me. We can. Be calm. Together.

The sign of a good actor is maximizing the amount of pauses in a sentence. The best actors have more pauses than dialogue.

Edit: Your post made me laugh out loud, by the way.

Edited by sharkfishman

Best Male: Bounty Hunter (Agent close second)

Best Female Smuggler & Agent

Worst Male Jedi Knight

Worst Female Inquisitor (as only decent if played dark - no light touch)

That said think they all do a decent job and enjoy them being involved and sticking with the game.

Hands Down, Best voice acting in the game

Female Sith Inquisitor (Natasha Little) ... I could listen to that voice forever, and she did her role to perfection

Worst, I'm sorry to say is

Female Smuggler ( Kath Soucie)... the nasal buzz and odd changing accent drives me batty

Without taking the time to actually log each character to re-acquaint myself with there voices:

Best: Hands down, the Female Smuggler (Gunslinger). The tonal quality exactly matches the snark. 😍

Favourite line (approx): "Yeah, yeah. You're big & evil. This place is big & evil. This whole planet is big & evil. We get it." 🤩

Worst: Male Commando? Sounds a bit wimpy to me. 🤔

(The male Jedi voices are also similarly wimpy, but they're not supposed to be rugged military types.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Most boring, or at least ill-fitting, to me would be the Male Agent - he's supposed to have a Dromund system accent, unfortunately it's such a location-specific one and sounds so formal that it only works with humans with a 'professional' attitude; play an alien (even a Chiss) or make less by-the-book choices and it doesn't seem to sound right.

It's doubly-sad because, during the opening Hutta missions, we hear the same voice actor playing the Agent in their 'Red Blade' role more casually and I personally think it comes off much better...

Most boring, or at least ill-fitting, to me would be the Male Agent - he's supposed to have a Dromund system accent, unfortunately it's such a location-specific one and sounds so formal that it only works with humans with a 'professional' attitude; play an alien (even a Chiss) or make less by-the-book choices and it doesn't seem to sound right.

It's doubly-sad because, during the opening Hutta missions, we hear the same voice actor playing the Agent in their 'Red Blade' role more casually and I personally think it comes off much better...

Well in my opinion male agents voice doesn't work well for a human character. It's so whispery. I think it works best for a zabrak, chiss or maybe Sith Pureblood.

Edited by ruffolofi