Did you REALLY think you'll get in today if you didn't pre-order in July?!?

Majestic_Jazz

Seriously people, STOP with the complaining about how it is Bioware/EA's fault because you waited to the last minute to pre-order and did not get in today.

You knew since San Diego Comic Con 2011 that the early access would be granted based on how early your pre-ordered. I do not know what you were thinking but it should have been assumed that at least, only the July pre-orders would be granted in for first day and so on....

It is nobody else fault but your own. Nobody forced you to pre-order late, you did that yourself and now you must wait for your name to be called.

This launch isn't a failure, Bioware did not lie [they actually extended EGA], its not EA's fault, and if you pre-ordered in October or later, then you should NOT be able to play at the same date as someone who did so in July when it was first announced.

Again, you all KNEW how this worked and yet you still complain.

Geez, I cannot wait to see how tomorrow goes....

Seriously people, STOP with the complaining about how it is Bioware/EA's fault because you waited to the last minute to pre-order and did not get in today.

You knew since San Diego Comic Con 2011 that the early access would be granted based on how early your pre-ordered. I do not know what you were thinking but it should have been assumed that at least, only the July pre-orders would be granted in for first day and so on....

It is nobody else fault but your own. Nobody forced you to pre-order late, you did that yourself and now you must wait for your name to be called.

This launch isn't a failure, Bioware did not lie [they actually extended EGA], its not EA's fault, and if you pre-ordered in October or later, then you should NOT be able to play at the same date as someone who did so in July when it was first announced.

Sigh you don't even know the right issue so STOP. The issue is they could put more people on as the servers are all light population but they stopped @ 2 et and won't start inviting more till 8am cst

Sigh you don't even know the right issue so STOP. The issue is they could put more people on as the servers are all light population but they stopped @ 2 et and won't start inviting more till 8am cst

And?

I am pretty sure they have vaild reasons that we do not know of. I mean seriously, they are a company but that does not mean that they have to divulge EVERY detail that they know of to us.

I mean it isn't that serious. I can understand if we were getting to play the game 3 weeks earlier than everyone else, but it is just one day........... ONE DAY! I am sure the world will not end because of this.

And?

I am pretty sure they have vaild reasons that we do not know of. I mean seriously, they are a company but that does not mean that they have to divulge EVERY detail that they know of to us.

I mean it isn't that serious. I can understand if we were getting to play the game 3 weeks earlier than everyone else, but it is just one day........... ONE DAY! I am sure the world will not end because of this.

Facts are facts, people playing are saying the areas are desolate. The status page lists the servers as low/medium, and thats because bioware CAPPED the populations lower than usual for server limits.

We had MORE people playing during the stress TEST with zero issues, and now they think it's ok to throw this low # of players into day one.

That is the issue, I KNOW I have to wait(august 7 order) but mercy gracious they're taking this wave thing and dropping the ball

Edited by Liberate

I pre-ordered in July and didn't get in! :p

Honestly? I thought there would be a lot more people in today. I'm disappointed but I'm not raging on the forums or Twitter. I'm just happy to be a part of this experience period. I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Honestly? I thought there would be a lot more people in today. I'm disappointed but I'm not raging on the forums or Twitter. I'm just happy to be a part of this experience period. I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time.

I really appreciate your attitude, and I am not even a Bioware employee.

Yes, the world [Ord Mantell] did seem to be empty. In the beta, there were normally like ~230 players on the planet. Today, there were ~90 people as of 9PM EST. I am sure by Thursday, things would be a bit leveled.

Even if I did not get in, I would still be excited that I am this close to playing. I've been here since October 2008, when the game was first announced. I waited 3 hard years and I wouldn't complain if I had to wait a few more days. There is still other games to play or life activities that one can do to pass off time.

It isn't that serious.....

I dont understand your logic. People in July and people in December both payed the same amount. I dont think one should be favored over the other because in the end we are all paying the $15 per month and paying for the game itself. The big problem that people are having right now is that Bioware has the ability to add in a lot more players today and they are not. I have heard people that got in today complain about the lack of players! It is one thing if the people who did not get in complain(because they always will) but when they people ingame are complaining, there is an issue. Stopping at 1:30 pm is not a good idea. They have around 2 million players wanting to get in and play and they have the ability to do so and they are not. I dont mind waiting for my early game access but its a little ridiculous when servers arent even lagging and they stop inviting people. This launch is a failure in a different way. The servers are running smoothly but the customers are pissed off. In the end, a mmo depends on the playerbase. If a lot of people quit because of this, they could lose a lot of money.

I played a little today near the end of the afternoon and Korriban was totally barren. There's a population counter on each planets at the top left of the screen right above the chat box and at the peek I witnessed we were 89.

Dunno what happened there

edit: I'm on Daragon Trail, PVP WEST which is still Light, but most servers are already standard population, which I would guess would be the equivalent of medium

Edited by Alexsir

I dont understand your logic. People in July and people in December both payed the same amount. I dont think one should be favored over the other because in the end we are all paying the $15 per month and paying for the game itself. The big problem that people are having right now is that Bioware has the ability to add in a lot more players today and they are not. I have heard people that got in today complain about the lack of players! It is one thing if the people who did not get in complain(because they always will) but when they people ingame are complaining, there is an issue. Stopping at 1:30 pm is not a good idea. They have around 2 million players wanting to get in and play and they have the ability to do so and they are not. I dont mind waiting for my early game access but its a little ridiculous when servers arent even lagging and they stop inviting people. This launch is a failure in a different way. The servers are running smoothly but the customers are pissed off. In the end, a mmo depends on the playerbase. If a lot of people quit because of this, they could lose a lot of money.

Very well stated....but honestly, why try to rationalize with them.

Agreed with this. I'm really excited for this game, I can't remember the last time I felt this way about a VIDEO GAME, I mean the last tine I was this excited about this kinda thing was seeing Episode III at the midnight opening, now that was cool!

I'm actually surprised they got to July 26th/27th. I thought it might just all be day 1 pre-orders today considering "the spike."

this gives me hope for tomorrow, as I redeemed on August 22nd, maybe I get in tomorrow!

I was in a LOOONG WoW trade chat discussion with a fellow who was arguing that BW has botched this launch so badly, etc etc. He claimed they made false advertisements and didnt communicate clearly. I repeatedly showed him he was a bumbling idiot, but it was WoW, only the remedial exist in there these days......

i pre-ordered aug 5th, but i got deployed before i got my early access key, and didnt get to put it in till nov. so im sure im royally screwed. alot of the whiners and fat jerks sitting around stuffing twinkies in their mouth would stop filling the server with crap if they would tell us what day we would start and time ahead of time...that way the population would know. im sure you would still have haters and spammers crying. just let me know, that way if its saturday then i dont have to check everyday.

Welllll.... I did pre-order in July... and I'm not in.... so... I guess there's that...

I dont understand your logic. People in July and people in December both payed the same amount.

Bioware is making a distinction not in the amount both customers paid but on the date in which this identical amount was payed, and that is their right to do so. Your point carries no weight.

I dont think one should be favored over the other

Bioware does. They wanted to incentivise and reward those who ordered earliest by giving them earliest access. Rewarding your most loyal and voracious followers is something a smart company does. How do you think it would feel if you were a July preorder rubbing elbows with some johnny-come-lately who preordered last week, today?

because in the end we are all paying the $15 per month and paying for the game itself.

In the end, yes. But this isnt the end, its only the START of early access. The best fans are being let in first. Hell I cant be counted as a huge fan because I only preordered in August.

The big problem that people are having right now is that Bioware has the ability to add in a lot more players today and they are not.

So what???? Its their call.

I have heard people that got in today complain about the lack of players!

This is actually a valid complaint, but I would just point out that its also entirely possible that many people in right now are playing with friends or spouses, who arent having a hard time finding other players. There is that problem, but it will even out around.....oh I dunno.....tomorrow?

It is one thing if the people who did not get in complain(because they always will) but when they people ingame are complaining, there is an issue. Stopping at 1:30 pm is not a good idea. They have around 2 million players wanting to get in and play and they have the ability to do so and they are not. I dont mind waiting for my early game access but its a little ridiculous when servers arent even lagging and they stop inviting people.

You want them to go to the point of server lag? Day one? Does that actually sound like a good idea to you??

This launch is a failure in a different way. The servers are running smoothly but the customers are pissed off.

The customers being pissed off has nothing to do with a supposed "failure". The people who are pissed right now are impatient, whiny babies who want special privileges they havent earned.

In the end, a mmo depends on the playerbase. If a lot of people quit because of this, they could lose a lot of money.

If a lot of players quit over this, theyre childish babies and BW is better off without them.

Gamestop didn't give out codes until a couple weeks after I preordered, and even then I had to go back to the store multiple times to get a working code

So... yeah...

Sweeping generalizations make you look like a jerk

Edited by CupieFoxtail

You people SERIOUSLY make it difficult to follow the ToS.

Bunch of ingrates.

PATIENCE PEOPLE!

Beta was a privelage, not a right.

Early access is a gift, not entitlement.

The OP is completely right. You blame the company for your own problems. Just because you guys have a complete lack of patience and understanding that you are NOT the only people in this world, doesn't make everyone else the bad guy.

Be GRATEFUL for this great game! Be GRATEFUL you get to play before the official launch. Where is the thank you for even having the CHANCE to play early???

All I can say I have waited for years, and i'll wait for a couple of more days. I'm a November pre-order. I couldn't be happier I got to play the beta, and I can't be happier to know my days are numbered, as opposed to waiting another week. I can't be more grateful Bioware cares enough about the experience for all players, and doing what they are doing. They are trying to play it safe for YOU. ALL OF YOU. They are trying to be nice to YOU. Be glad you are not fighting with 1 MILLION people loading the servers on day 1, crashing them.

I pre-ordered in July and Amazon didn't send me my code until October when I bugged em about it. I didn't even know I'd need the pre-order code for the beta or the early access.

That's what bums me out about it most. The whole process was pretty confusing for me.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to get in at least one beta weekend, so when I eventually get in, I'll skip through all the dialogue and hopefully catch up to my guildmates. ;)