Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Can i ask, who here is at end game? or even past level 35 for that matter? gear is something to be achieved in an mmo. Complain about aesthetics later on, in end game when content has been explored. don't expect all your goodies right out the door. this is an MMO. go work for it.

Like I said, I checked out the synthweaving trainer and looked at the stuff that we can craft all the way up to level 49, so yes, those 5 unique chest pieces with hoods on are all we have to look forward to for us crafters. Maybe there are other rare drops along the way that look different and have hoods down, but the fact of the matter is currently there is no sign of hood-down chest pieces in the foreseeable future.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I checked out the synthweaving trainer and looked at the stuff that we can craft all the way up to level 49, so yes, those 5 unique chest pieces with hoods on are all we have to look forward to for us crafters. Maybe there are other rare drops along the way that look different and have hoods down, but the fact of the matter is currently there is no sign of hood-down chest pieces in the foreseeable future.

it is the beginning of a game, not even an expansion. rest assured, these "recipes" will be added too.

It doesn't really bother me that there is not a toggle hood option, but it is annoying that Twi'lek's get no hood at all. I really hope this is fixed in the near future.

I would really like a Dev to say whether or not this will ever be fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one playing a Twi'lek that's hesitant to get too far due to the consideration of rerolling.

it is the beginning of a game, not even an expansion. rest assured, these "recipes" will be added too.

Uh, what? I'm supposed to wait until an expansion for a basic feature that was originally in the game to come out? I hope you meant patch because an expansion comes out for most games after the 1-3 year mark. And even if it's a patch, you think it's just a quick simple "add recipe here"? You can't just add items in the game, there are tests and huge amounts of number crunching to balance stats, equivolancy between all crew skills, level/location mats required, and not to mention, programming and designing it all. It would just be easier to implement a couple lines of code to hide the hood on current items, like flattening it against the back of the robe/cape as seen on a lot of low level robes.

I think we are making a perfectly valid complaint that requires Bioware's attention. They're not going to do much about it unless the community is vocal about this stuff. From what I've seen from Bioware, they listen to their community and rely on our feedback to improve the game. They need to know this is something people want, and want soon.

Edited by Imacomputa

Well, now I know why I haven't found the hood toggle button. I've been trying every conceivable thing I can think of to make my hood go up, but to no avail. I was really looking forward to this. I thought it was supposed to be in too, but maybe I'm imagining things.

The bright side is, I'm not as stupid as I felt when I couldn't figure it out.

Please, almighty programmers, put a toggle hood button in. Also, armour dyes, and in-game haircuts and tattoos circa Fable. Please and thankyou.

No hood down armor for guardians in act 1 (lvl 32)

Annoys me so much. I hate my toon looks. I will stop playing jedi and start something else.

Shame that BW didnt listen to the community :( This ruing gameplay for guardians. For me at least

Man is that depressing. OK, anyone with the stomach to keep going staring at a hood, let us know if hood down armor turns up in Acts II or III. I am benching my Guardian at 12 in his last hood down chest piece until this issue is addressed. Devs, please let us know what you intend to do about this. Thank you.

First, before you waste credits (like me) putting on a helmet to remove the hood and then turning helmet off just makes the hood pop back up. Just saying.

Second: It's not exactly Jedi-Like, but for 12-14 Tattooine commendations you can get a fully moddable Trooper chest. Move the mods around, and voila: Instant Jedi chest with no hood. Before that? Well unless you want to steal a few random Shadow chests (light armor) and just suffer a lack of armor for cool looks? Nothing.

Sorry guys, but no hood toggle. And when you get your first kiss with Kira it looks completely silly. Just sayin...

It got to the point I'm just wearing Trooper chest, not even moddable.

It's like "I'd rather be a little weaker than hate the char I'm controlling" you know :/ .

Also, I want to make you guys notice, when you put a helmet, it's not really "working".*

It makes the hood DISAPPEAR. It doesn't make it DOWN.

While we can cearly see they created a clipping part for BOTH up and down hoods. (you can see the down one on the NPC jedi masters on tython) ...

So, since they have the function (npc and twileks, even though twileks also don't have hood at all instead of "down") and the 3D models for it to work, I don't see why it's not in already :/ ..

Also, the textures "out of cutscene" for ALL the jedi robes are just hideous. I compared, the trooper chest I got looks pretty good, the Jedi robe is a horrible messy pixelated blur :/ .....

Man is that depressing. OK, anyone with the stomach to keep going staring at a hood, let us know if hood down armor turns up in Acts II or III. I am benching my Guardian at 12 in his last hood down chest piece until this issue is addressed. Devs, please let us know what you intend to do about this. Thank you.

Really?

Are you the kind of person that cries when there's 3/4 of the amount of milk in your cereal than normal?

There's hood down armors at higher levels, it's not that big of a deal.