This game feels like a console port

Gankdalf_

Before you all cry and chip in with LOL SWTOR IS NOT OUT ON CONSOLES LOL, yes I know that but my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

You just demonstrated that you have no idea how games or game engines work. Lets say, for an instant, that you are right and the game engine used for SWTOR is a port of some other engine from the current gen consoles. The only ports that would make sense would've come from X360. X360 runs hardware that is as close to a PC as consoles get with a few deviations. First, an integrated video card setup that shares memory with the CPU. Second, an X360 only has 512mb RAM. This is why EVERY SINGLE GAME that's been made for both PC and X360 runs a hundred times smoother on a PC (assuming you have a mediocre video card and medium-range processor).

Granted, if a game engine is specifically optimized for X360, it might run into some additional bottlenecks when ported to PC. BioWare, however, has made multiple revisions of their game engine over the years (ME, ME2, DAO, DA2, blah blah) which have all run better on Windows than the X360.

Which bring me to the last point: BioWare has access to versions of their primary game engine that is optimized for PC, why the hell would they go through the trouble of porting the downgraded, *******r version of the same engine from X360 to PC?

There are issues with the game engine, sure, but they aren't related to porting.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

See if you knew anything about computer hardware you would know that if you get good FPS out doors and bad fps in doors it's not a driver issue, it's a game issue.(

My brain almost exploded.

There are so many things that can be wrong on your end that they are uncountable.

Almost 1 million people are playing this game already, even if 10,000 reported the same problem in the forums, that's still such an incredible small %.

I wish I could cure the psychological phenomenon that causes people to believe that in spite of all evidence to the contrary, their personal experience is automatically the norm.

Also the frame rate inside caves and buildings is so bad I actually did laugh out loud. It's not a PC spec issue as I run an i5 with all the trimmings, besides if you visit the tech support forum you will see hundreds of posts from people with i7's and huge graphics cards with the same issue, it's an engine problem.

Hmmm. Very strange indeed. Bioware must have sent me a different game because I dont suffer from any of those problems. Maybe they just dont like you. My i5 and gpu destroy this game.

Before you all cry and chip in with LOL SWTOR IS NOT OUT ON CONSOLES LOL, yes I know that but my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

For instance I can not rebind the "\" key which is a disgrace tbh. Also the frame rate inside caves and buildings is so bad I actually did laugh out loud. It's not a PC spec issue as I run an i5 with all the trimmings, besides if you visit the tech support forum you will see hundreds of posts from people with i7's and huge graphics cards with the same issue, it's an engine problem.

So yeah great launch there Bioware, all these years in the making and no one notices the pathetic FPS? I don't buy that, I think you are well aware of it but your engine can't do anything about it. :o

Thats all you got?

Such a disapointment.