Depths of Manaan Won't Finish

I'm fighting Stevastin in story mode. When he's almost defeated the screen goes black then the game resets to just before encountering Stevastin. Fighting him again the game resets again. I've reported this to Customer Service and Technical Support. It has not been fixed. I've tried resetting the flashpoint while at the Fleet. I've abandoned the flashpoint and restarted. This does not solve the problem. This happened with my Jedi Consular, which I've given up trying and went on to Fallen Empire, and now my Scoundrel. I did not have this problem with my Sith Warrior.

Sounds to me like you're running out of time. The last fight in Manaan has a 5 minute timer before you "drown" and the event gets reset.

Set your comp to DPS, in story mode, AKA solo mode, you should have GodBot with you who can more than easily heal you. The boss can't be taunted by your droid, so facetank him, micromanage your comp if they pull aggro, and pull him into the fire and you should be fine.

Edited by tuulem
more info

I'm fighting Stevastin in story mode. When he's almost defeated the screen goes black then the game resets to just before encountering Stevastin. Fighting him again the game resets again. I've reported this to Customer Service and Technical Support. It has not been fixed. I've tried resetting the flashpoint while at the Fleet. I've abandoned the flashpoint and restarted. This does not solve the problem. This happened with my Jedi Consular, which I've given up trying and went on to Fallen Empire, and now my Scoundrel. I did not have this problem with my Sith Warrior.

This is the enrage timer. You didn’t kill him fast enough. Are you standing him in the fire ?

Running out of time? I hadn't thought of that. The game didn't tell me that's what happened when it happens, though I do hear Lana telling me to hurry, etc., during the fight. I thought that was flavor text. I'll pay more attention and see if that's what's happening. Thanks.

Are you standing him in the fire ?

Important, this is. 🙂

EDIT - next day - did Manaan last night (Veteran Mode). It was a bit of a slog because some people were new to the FP and we had to wait twice for replacements, but other than that it seemed about the same as before, difficulty-wise, and we finished it without any bugs.

Edited by JediQuaker