Maybe we should take our knowledge with us when we leave?

Torvai

So after this "NiM Loot announcement" settled in, I thought of something...

If you leave, maybe all you number crunching, guide writing and parser programming guys should backup all of your work somewhere private and then delete all of it on every public platform, be it this forums, dulfy or whatever.

Would be interesting to see which effect this would have:p

Or maybe just view it as a thought experiment. What would happen if this would be done?

Edited by Torvai

bioware deleted all our work once before.

This. Most of the good stuff is already basically lost.

I haven't decided to leave yet, but I have sometimes pondered what would happen if I replaced the contents of my stickied posts with an essay on everything that is wrong with the game. I doubt anything would happen, honestly, though the community team would eventually catch on and probably just unsticky the posts as they found them.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

This. Most of the good stuff is already basically lost.

I haven't decided to leave yet, but I have sometimes pondered what would happen if I replaced the contents of my stickied posts with an essay on everything that is wrong with the game. I doubt anything would happen, honestly, though the community team would eventually catch on and probably just unsticky the posts as they found them.

Please do this RE: how none of these threads matter because there is no more progression content

Edited by Simmerr

Ultimately it wouldn't be too much different then what we've seen since 4.0. Notice the lack of guides, or updating of guides since it released. We're all finding new sources of info when they become available (Bant is my current hero) but most everything you can find is out of date.

Honestly the lack of community generated content, guides, etc. has caused me to seriously fear for the state of the game for the first time since I pre-ordered it. When the community stops being engaged, the game dies. (Or lives on as a zombie, like UO, DAoC, SWG, etc.)

This game is going to the dogs. I sincerely hope all authors delete their info when leaving considering how BW is behaving atm. Not kidding.

once leaving they've all the right to take with them all their intellectual work, same as they are not anymore on the forum to reply.

while i understand leaving it up on a third party site, i wouldn't definetly ease the job to the devs, which already proven multiple times how they fail at community and even worse, game support to their customers. i never saw a theory thread or class discussion from the staff, unless it's a CM topic. just throwing water on flames here and there.

also, nobody will need nothing more than basic attack and some built alliance from building an alliance to build an alliance companion heals while they Q for cross server

Edited by JouerTue

yes guides are nice...but heaven forbid that we would have to work out our rotation,dps caps,our builds and so forth ourselves like we used to do ,when guides and number cruncher guides were not around or only kept within guilds.Players rely on guides to much even me nowdays,let some other do all the hard work then i'll just copy them..

would be rather funny to see the reaction if what the op said happened.

Edited by Avorniel

Well, when hardcore end game raiders and pvper's complained about the lack of content a lot of people said they should just leave, funny thing is that this small group is the one that actually does the class guides, number crunching and operations guides. If they where to leave then a lot of people would be clueless on what to do and how to optimize their gear or spec.

I agree that one may do what they like with ones writings, but, you would be hurting the people who play more than bioware.

I have truly appreciated the help that more expierenced players have offered me both guide and direct response. Hopefully those in the community have expressed this in some way to the guiders? (I think thats right? Lol).

This is especially true for folks who are not guilded.