Swoop Event: Course incomplete - despite perfect completion

JattaGin

I had posted this already during the last Swoop event: I get incomplete course messages, even though I finish the course with perfection.

This has happened a couple of times during the last event, mainly with the Bek course.

During this event, this has gotten out of hand. It effects different chars of mine and different courses on different planets.

I'm currently stuck on Dantooine on two chars which are not able to finish the Bek course. I don't mind the easy renown points and whatever other rewards you get for the bonus missions, but I would rather like to have the course completed and move on.

I asked in chat if anyone else faces this issue, but no one replied. I guess no one else at those times when I encountered those problems, had them.

In one case, the speeder wouldn't even disconnect, so I kept on riding the Bek swoop, despite already having crossed the finish line and gotten the "incomplete" message.

I would appreciate it if all my complete runs would be recognised as completed, thanks.

P. S. Just to make this clear: I 100% for sure have completed the courses properly. All my runs would qualify for the "perfection" achievements, as I know all courses and runs almost blindly by now. So that can not be the reason. Also, the bonus misisons always trigger, which means that the game recognises at least those correctly as completed.

I encountered this a lot. It occurred on each planet, but for me it seemed to occur with greater frequency on Onderon and Tatooine, and for certain it happened with Blatant Beks and Horizon’s Razors. I am not certain about Pit Screamers. Like you, I know I completed the course objectives. At first I thought that maybe I had missed something or that it was due to missing a section of the course, but then I had it happen on a run that I deliberately took slow and was certain that I never left the course and completed all main objectives.

I also experienced the will not dismount issue. That was a Blatant Bek run. In that case I crossed over the finish line but the race did not end, so I turned around intending to go back over. As I crossed the line again from the other direction I received the course incomplete message.

Whilst Horizon’s Razors and Pit Screamers can be annoying, Blatant Beks are the worst. I had so many problems exploding the targets. I am aware that it does not work if too close. I mean that I had issues even when some distance from the explosives. My biggest issue with Horizon's Razors was that after acquiring enough orbs for the main objective sometimes it would stop counting, so I could not do the optional. This occurred most often on Dantooine. Since orbs after the main objective would not count I would never have access to turbo boost, so I could not complete the course under the time limit. I was eventually able to achieve perfect completion for all nine courses, though.

Another quibble. I have to mute my sound while running the courses. Silence that announcer, please!

I am maxed on all three currency tokens but this was the first time I played the event, due to the Conquest issue, so I am only so far on reputation. I sincerely hope that I have enough rep tokens banked that I can hit max rep and never do this again. I really have no interest in this event. Contrast that with Relics of the Gree, since it has been gone for months due to Swoop Rally, I am max rep and really do not need the currency tokens, but I like playing it. Swoop Rally is an annoying, buggy mess and it impacts regular play by making it hard for Republic characters to leave one of the caves on Onderon due to one piece of the track that blocks the path forcing Rep character to get too close to the Imp NPC guards guarding a med center location making it difficult to do Onderon dailies. I sincerely hope we get back on a regular Conquest event rotation after this week and do not see this again for ten weeks.

I have the situation now that NONE of my characters that I tried are able to finish the Bek course on Dantooine. This prevails after re-starting the game.

I just just brought a new character to the event, just to test it, and it had the same outcome.

• 1 month later...

I want to report that this bug has become a major issue for me. The Bek course on Dantooine and the Razor courses on Dantooine and on Onderon cause HUGE problems. And with problems I mean that they don't complete, no matter what I try.

This apparently effects now all of my characters. And yes, as written earlier, I 100% complete the courses successfully. Not only that, all of my runs would also apply for the perfection achievements (which I of course already have), as I have done them so often, that they became automatisms for me. I know all courses by heart by now.

I tried abandoning the courses, choosing a different one (even on other planets), and then coming back. I tried on different days. It remains the same: course incomplete.

Yesterday, I ran the Razor course 8 times in a row on Dantooine. 8 times fail. Couldn't finish Dantooine on that char.

The Bek course on Dantooine seems to sometimes complete, when I do ALL the high jumps. However, the high jumps are not part of the Bek course, but of the Screamers' course. When I don't do all of the jumps, the rate of incompletion is 100% this week. I don't know if this a coincidence or something.

When I ask in chat, no one seems to have this problem. I waited 10 minutes at the finish line on Onderon to see if someone else gets booed after finishing, but everyone gets cheered.

I'm at a point where I don't want to play the event anymore, because I can't finish certain courses. Generally, I enjoy the event very much, but something is wrong. And I don't know what to do about it, because I finish the courses successfully. All parts of the missions, including the bonus, are done in the log. I don't know what else I could do. :confused:

UPDATE: Tested some more. Even with the jumps, doesn't complete. Also tried a new character that never went to the event. Same outcome.

Edited by JattaGin

Are you also meticulously making sure you go through all the tape/ribbon things? There's no visible counter, but if you don't pass through all of them, you fail the track.

I was thinking that do I miss a checkpoint or so, but I'm always going the exact same route, and earlier today, I did the Razor course on Onderon twice in a row, and I drove the exact same way. First time didn't work, second time worked

I wonder if the game somehow doesn't track my checkpoints correctly.

I saw a post on Reddit today with the same problem. There it was pointed out that it could be a checkpoint problem on Onderon not driving over the second bridge. However, at least in my case, I definitely drive over that bridge.

Having this issue too, on all planets but most of the time the Dantooine and Tatooine races with the Bek. I complete all the objectives and bonuses and still fail the race, I often have to run it 5 times to finally have it marked as completed.

It happens very randomly but I did notice it seems to happen the most when I destroy the canisters (the ones you throw a grenade at) closest to the finish line

I did some thorough testing during the last days, as this obviously doesn't seem to be a common issue, so I figured it must be something on my side.

TRY to be alone in the whole run. Some times helps.

This was one suspicion that I had as well. Yesterday I seemed to be alone on the courses (or at least not much traffic) and it worked out fine.

It happens very randomly but I did notice it seems to happen the most when I destroy the canisters (the ones you throw a grenade at) closest to the finish line

This was also something that I tested. And I can at least say that during the last tests, I always stopped blowing up canisters after I had the mission completed, and ignored the bonus missions in general. In all those cases, my chars finished the races successfully.

ONDERON RAZOR COURSE:

I think I found out what causes the problem. Just before the last checkpoint is a blue orb on the left of it. I'm on full speed when I grab it and to save time, I cross the checkpoint at the very left end, almost hitting the post. It does seem that these runs then are considered incomplete. So maybe the coordinates for the checkpoint are not 100% correct and the game considers me not passing the checkpoint.

As a test, I left out going for the orbs and crossed the last checkpoint right in the middle, and all those runs completed successfully.

DANTOOINE COURSES:

Yesterday, all tests went successful. Things I did (differently than my usual runs):

1. Made sure I'm as alone as possible on the course.

2. Didn't go for the bonus objectives, just the main mission objectives.

3. Did NOT use "speed boost" before the finish line. I noticed before that sometimes when I cross the finish line, the game shortly feels kinda wonky, and (probably, I didn't track that before, so I can't properly confirm) those moments could be caused by the speed boost, especially during the Bek course when there is an explosion just before the finish line. It's possible that then for some reason the last checkpoint just before the finish line doesn't check out.

I don't know what of these 3 things causes the problem to not occur, or all three of them, or if it's all just a coincidence. I just wanted to update this thread, in case other people also have problem with the courses not completing successfully. Maybe it helps them.

• 6 months later...
I've just had this same problem with the Pitscreamers course on Dantooine. I completed all objectives, including the bonus, within the time. The first time I hit a mine near to a checkpoint so, although I redid the hoop I had been approaching and was sure I had gone through the checkpoint, I figured I must somehow have missed it. Then I redid the course, with perfection, and made a mental note as I passed through every checkpoint, and still got the message that I had failed to complete the course. I have done this course dozens of times before, so it's not like I don't know where all the checkpoints are.

I'm having the same issue with Onderon. It's been across multiple characters and despite finishing everything, including the bonus with time to spare, I've repeatedly got mission failed. It's so bad that I refuse to do Onderon anymore.

• 2 months later...
I'm having the same problem with Tatooine on Horizon Razor & Pit Screamer's, I complete the course, including bonus mission, collecting/passing through orbs/loops under Bonus Timer and still get nor Perfection Achievement. Does anyone know what is wrong. This is bugged on all my characters so far (7 of them both republic & Imperial)