Sage or Sorcerer?

Bisonchief

I'm having some trouble deciding between a republic or sith caster and I'm wondering if anyone could give examples as to which people prefer. companions, appearance, story line, etc... all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I personally prefer the sorcerer. I've played a LS sorc as my main and have recently started a LS shadow. The sorc story has some really cool stuff and some really cool choices which I won't spoil. The sage/shadow story is pretty good so far (still in act 1) but seems a bit more cookie-cutter jedi/dark jedi.

It's really a personal preference kinda thing as sorc/sage is very well mirrored (although lightning beats rock in terms of visuals), the sorc has a personal rise to power story and the sage has a global saving the galaxy story.

Hopefully this helps!

Inquisitors have a MUCH better sense of humor for one thing, "I'm not cute, I'm deadly!". Lightning is also cooler, dark robes with hoods look better IMO, you can be a jerk and not feel like the universe will implode, and you dont have to listen to Nolan North constantly.

But the Consular is very much an Obi-Wan classic Jedi role, so if that interests you then go for it... its just that the "classic" Jedi is generally pretty boring and predictable. Cant comment much on a DS Consular though.

Either way youre stuck with Khem/Qyzen for the majority of the game, and neither is terribly interesting. But my Sorc is only 33 so I cant say much on the rest of their companions.

Having played through both as light side, I like the Sage more. Better story and a better romance(for males, at any rate). There are really only 3 Sage companions I liked(Qyzen, Nadia and Zenith), but there was only 1 companion I liked as a Sorcerer(Khem) and he gets ruined at the end of chapter 1, for reasons I won't go into. So, yeah. Gameplay wise they are the same with different spell graphics. Sorcerer is more flashy, but I still prefer Sage in that department as well.

I disagree that Khem gets ruined at the end of Act I, it gives him one of the most interesting companion stories, imo.

I prefer the Sorc to my Shadow's story. Even when my consular chooses a DS choice, he still sounds like a wimp. Where-as my female sorc's VA is FANTASTIC! She know how to use her voice quietly and convey emotions. 2 of my favorite moments include when my Sorc was getting the mission for the Black Hole area on the fleet. The other was during the flash: Foundry with the way she says things like, "Killing you will be SUCH fun!".

Romances, don't roll a SI if your planning on RP'ing a happy family. The SI female really just gets a boy toy. The Male gets someone who is trying to turn you to the LS.

The Companions themselves are definitely not the most compelling, but they are far from the most boring too.

My first character was a sorc and I loved it. Now I have a Jedi and don't like her. Too much goodie two shoes, it was just too much fun burning people with lightning if they got in your way.

Plus more IRL I hate the Jedi code. Seriously can you imagine our society if we eliminated love and passion? Sith is immediately associated with evil but their core beliefs of using your emotion for strength makes much more sense.

I had that question when planning what all my classes would be. I chose sage because the abilities aren't repetitive.

I've still wondering how bw managed to make every sorcerer ability that I know of somehow involve lightning.

Sage has cooler graphics for offensive spells. You get Turbulence, Disturbance, Project, and Telekinetic throw which are all different artwork. However every Sorceror spell is pretty much just lightning. And their animation for Dark Infusion looks absurd with how far they are leaning back.

I had that question when planning what all my classes would be. I chose sage because the abilities aren't repetitive.

I've still wondering how bw managed to make every sorcerer ability that I know of somehow involve lightning.

This. Its odd, at first I thought lightning was so much cooler than throwing pebbles, but every single damn spell the sorc has seems to involve lightning. I distinctly remember telekinetic being part of the movies for many of the sith.

Other than that though,I think the story is much less repetitive early on for sorc, but last chapter for sage is pretty good. Maybe its because the first was so boring.

This. Its odd, at first I thought lightning was so much cooler than throwing pebbles, but every single damn spell the sorc has seems to involve lightning. I distinctly remember telekinetic being part of the movies for many of the sith.

Other than that though,I think the story is much less repetitive early on for sorc, but last chapter for sage is pretty good. Maybe its because the first was so boring.

at least crushing darkness is different. I always expected sith to use the force to crush people, not just give them a little shock.