Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

Anysao

Sadly, my server hasn't been chosen for transfers yet, and I pray it'll take me to the Ebon Hawk Server....

Anyways! I read the update and everything, but I just want to know if everything is moving smoothly since you moved?

Thanks! Just curious!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took only a few minutes (less than 15min) to move all characters to new server... so far so good.. but then again, it was early and most people probably have not get themselves ready for the move. Going to be a mass exodus from the origin servers throughout the day and tonight.

I would have to say no, not really, this will pretty much kill my guild as we don't have enough active members specifically BECAUSE of the population issues on our server. Getting these people to resub just to transfer characters is not going to be a reality, so I'm SOL. I either stay on a dead server and go down with the ship, or I transfer and abandon everything.

For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it.

I am happy the transfer are here now but what I am not happy about is the chance of me getting my Bounty hunter which is on The Exile's Crystal (PVP) to Frostclaw (PvE) so I guess I am going to have to wait for the paid transfer if there is going to be one.

To be Honest I would expected them to allow us to move are characters to a realm which would like but I guess I was hoping for too much.

Lol so many whiners about the destination servers. Why does it matter? If you get transfered to a serverthat ensures a strong population why should it matter? Let's be honest if bioware gave everyone an option people would probbly spread out and we would have the same problem on our hands. Herd everyone into 5 huge servers for pve and pvp and it will solve the issues. Bioware is doing a good job with this imo.

Well I have my original chars on vulkar Highway but that server shagged the dog so we made new ones on The Red Eclipse and now in the wisdom of the powers that be I cant unite all 6 of my chars on the active server. Very odd indeed.

Much more than expected. I wasn't sure that Bioware would allow transfers to Jedi Covenant during the free transfers phase. In my previous posts, I wrote that it could be possible because of some of the things the company said in the last weeks.

Anyway, I was so glad to see new players arriving from Keller's Void. I talked to some of them on both factions and they were glad too. They couldn't believe that there were 100+ players on each fleet at 1pm EDT hehe. :p The PvPers were especially happy because they only had to wait seconds before joining a PvP session.

I'm looking forward to see more Keller's Void players this evening and in the upcoming days. :)

I wish! Still stuck on Sith Meditation Sphere. And it is a ghost town. Can't play this game when there is now one to play with. :mad:

I am stuck at Silius Shipyards too with 3-4 players per planet :p

But list is very new, i am sure it will include our servers too, i will keep checking.

Was excited when I saw the server I had one character in appear in the origin list! Then disappointed when I realized I could only transfer to a server I didn't want to go to...

I figured I might not be able to transfer to the specific server I wanted to but I was at least expecting that there would be a pool of servers to choose from as destination. I'm guessing they are looking closely at the numbers to balance out the populations and if it works out then kudos to BW.

As for me, it's looking like a sure thing that I will have to either reroll that character or wait for paid transfers... very disappointed with this.

I would have to say no, not really, this will pretty much kill my guild as we don't have enough active members specifically BECAUSE of the population issues on our server. Getting these people to resub just to transfer characters is not going to be a reality, so I'm SOL. I either stay on a dead server and go down with the ship, or I transfer and abandon everything.

What? sounds like your guild is already dead if most players unsubbed... What are you holding on to?

No, because my server was selected as an origin server and it's not to a server I want to transfer to, so more than likely I'm gonna have to wait ten more years or so for the paid service, given they took their sweet freaking time getting any transfers going at all.

I happened to have a character that I played for a while on Keller's Void, so I went ahead and transferred them.

No issue with the character names, though I haven't done the legacy thing.

My ultimate hope is to be able to transfer this character to yet another server (of a different type) at some point in the future, but I figured that I may as well jump.

I didn't play on that server any more, but the character had amassed a bit of wealth and materials that I felt were worth saving if I can later manage to move them to where I want them to be.

I just hope that the server where I am playing now ends up as a destination server if it gets involved in this at all. I doubt that I would be so lucky with all of my names again.

Doesn't sound like you have anything to hold on to.

Your guild is already dead. Just because you haven't buried it doesn't change that fact.

Edited by Mithros

This is rediculous It would it is going to be sad for STWOR to fail cause they dont know how to properly manage an mmo. seriously its not difficult. If your all about revenue and money now is the time to get your heads out your butts SERIOUSLY. As many Mmo's I have played it is so easy to tell why it is failing.

1.) TO MANY SERVERS: MMO's were created so people could play with other people. common sense. reduce the amount of server doing so will save bio money( you cut down on the amount of space used to maintain everything.

2.) PRICE: people wont join a mmo when there is other mmo that people can play for free. Im not saying completely take subscribtion off im saying lower price. Makes more sense to hace 1m people playing and paying $5= 5m then having not even half that 400k paying $15=6m. Yes you lose 1m but draw potential for another 500k more peopel to join the game.

3.) STOP THINKING PROFIT: this game did not have a good launch cause of the price. It was because of the idea and thoughts put into it. Those ideas are starting to go down the drain.

4.) MARKETING: If Bio fails to make this game successful people will be skeptical about the next mmo Stars wars game released later. You will lose profit now and lose profit in the future.

6.) LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS. They pay the money and a lot have played mmo's for a while and know what they are talking about. Ex why Steve jobs was successful with apple he listened to his buyers. obviously you want the buyer to keep buying(self explainatory)

5.) This is by far the biggest human flaw. STOP BEING STUBBORN AND ADMIT YOU DID WRONG. only admitting and moving forward will only help to make this game successful.

I recommend merging the servers with not much people(though Im not one of them) fill up the other servers then come back later if needed to to open up additional servers at least try to keep the people playing for now and not lose more peopel

Wether Bio decides to act, now would be the time before its to late, but this server merge is a start as long as its done correctly.

Patches and updateswith new contents I have to say has been a very good step though (excuse any typos)

Edited by plaig

This is rediculous It would it is going to be sad for STWOR to fail cause they dont know how to properly manage an mmo. seriously its not difficult. If your all about revenue and money now is the time to get your heads out your butts SERIOUSLY. As many Mmo's I have played it is so easy to tell why it is failing.

1.) TO MANY SERVERS: MMO's were created so people could play with other people. common sense. reduce the amount of server doing so will save bio money( you cut down on the amount of space used to maintain everything.

2.) PRICE: people wont join a mmo when there is other mmo that people can play for free. Im not saying completely take subscribtion off im saying lower price. Makes more sense to hace 1m people playing and paying $5= 5m then having not even half that 400k paying $15=6m. Yes you lose 1m but draw potential for another 500k more peopel to join the game.

3.) STOP THINKING PROFIT: this game did not have a good launch cause of the price. It was because of the idea and thoughts put into it. Those ideas are starting to go down the drain.

4.) MARKETING: If Bio fails to make this game successful people will be skeptical about the next mmo Stars wars game released later. You will lose profit now and lose profit in the future.

6.) LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS. They pay the money and a lot have played mmo's for a while and know what they are talking about. Ex why Steve jobs was successful with apple he listened to his buyers. obviously you want the buyer to keep buying(self explainatory)

5.) This is by far the biggest human flaw. STOP BEING STUBBORN AND ADMIT YOU DID WRONG. only admitting and moving forward will only help to make this game successful.

I recommend merging the servers with not much people(though Im not one of them) fill up the other servers then come back later if needed to to open up additional servers at least try to keep the people playing for now and not lose more peopel

Wether Bio decides to act, now would be the time before its to late, but this server merge is a start as long as its done correctly.

Patches and updateswith new contents I have to say has been a very good step though (excuse any typos)

no...

just no

Limiting the number of servers transferring at once undoubtably helps on the server end. Not letting people choose their destination server is good because it makes sure that the populations are healthy on the destination servers. Letting people choose servers will lead to way overpopulated servers and then ghost towns as the rest of the population diffuses. Finally, its free so stop complaining

1.) TOO MANY SERVERS: MMO's were created so people could play with other people. common sense. reduce the amount of server doing so will save bio money( you cut down on the amount of space used to maintain everything.

I believe that's what they're doing over the course of the week and month.

No, people will buy this IP for $60, and $15 a month is not much money at all for entertainment.

First, this games launch was fantastic. It was the end game bugs that irked people. If you want to know what some bad game launches for an MMO were look over to WoW or AoC.

Second, Bioware is a company. At the end of the day, they need to make money to keep making software.

SWG was a minimal hit, with lots of bugs, but 2.3 million people still bought this Star Wars MMO. I don't see your point.

They are listening to the players. It's just taking them a very long time to react since this is Bioware's first (most likely last) MMO.

What?

Patches and updates with new contents I have to say has been a very good step though (excuse any typos)

Most of your points are just useless and silly.

Edited by Dranzen
Made a mistake

Lol so many whiners about the destination servers. Why does it matter? If you get transfered to a serverthat ensures a strong population why should it matter? Let's be honest if bioware gave everyone an option people would probbly spread out and we would have the same problem on our hands. Herd everyone into 5 huge servers for pve and pvp and it will solve the issues. Bioware is doing a good job with this imo.

Actually I think it would be the opposite. I think everyone would go to:

Fatman

Jedi Covenant

Drooga's or The Harbinger

The Swiftsure

ToFN

etc

And I think they are trying to balance the population over 50 servers instead of 200 or 10, which makes sense, but not knowing when or where you will be able to transfer is still kind of annoying. Even if they did warn us it would be annoying (gradual) from the start.

When my husband and I originally started the game, he wanted us to be in a guild with his friends, who were all on a PVP European server. (We're American, but his pals are in Norway). I don't like PVP and avoid it generally in favor of doing my own thing, such as questing, and will do pickup groups when needed. I was willing to put up with the guild's server choice to be able to group with my husband. The problem is, after having leveled up some characters significantly, the plan broke up and we were no longer in a guild, but here I was on a PVP server with major time invested already. When attacked while on a quest, I just try to get away if I can. I'm not into it.

I was fully aware that it was a PVP server, but I was hoping that there would be character transfers available should the worst occur and was willing to pay for them if needed. I know it is entirely my fault for going along with it. So my main interest in character server transfers at all was to get off of the PVP server with my mains. I won't throw things and freak out, but that's what I'd like. Since that's not possible with my server not being in the list, I guess what I am planning to do is play the game late at night when not many people are on, or what I've been doing lately, which is ignore those characters on the PVP server entirely and try to focus on chars that are elsewhere.

I wish! Still stuck on Sith Meditation Sphere. And it is a ghost town. Can't play this game when there is now one to play with. :mad:

With any luck once Bioware actually decides to transfer people to medium populated servers instead of the biggest ones (Fatman... ***) we should be a good candidate for a destination server! Bring on those repub origin servers! Lucky for us the Imp side has a pretty decent population til then. :)

I don't know why they are destroying Lord Ieldis. It's one of the higher populated "light" servers, if anything they should be sending smaller servers to this one instead of getting people to leave. I don't understand why they want everyone on very few servers.

The issue with names on these large servers is horrible. Forget getting a decent name or legacy name if you transfer to one of the most populated servers. Good bye identity!