Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if I don't want to level quickly? Will there be a way to opt out of this?

Most of the time I get to play is on the weekends. I don't want to level too rapidly because it means I'll earn fewer warzone comms prior to 40 (and thus fewer WZ medpacks and adrenals) and potentially could prevent me from maxing out my ranked comms prior to 50.

Not only that, I'm already legacy 50. There's no reason to for me to want extra XP. The legacy levels past about 20 are pointless anyway.

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

Perfect. I can finally plow through a few characters that have been pending as I tire of the planet arcs. The class stories remain the top feature of SW:TOR - thank you for allowing me to experience them a little more painlessly over the coming weekends. :)

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

But if you have rest xp built up, which takes over when killing mobs? Do we use up the rest xp then it goes to event xp, or does the rest xp stay "banked"?

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

Are you sure about this? I don't think that's how it works on live, but maybe I'm wrong or it's changing (afaik, the boost items won't stack with lagacy perks).

Also...

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb

Does that mean Makeb is being released right after this event ends?

Edited by steave

They do stack, at least for PvP ^. I can get 25k xp with the legacy boost, then add the experience boost and it goes up to around 30k.

Looking forward to this, might finally be able to get my sentinel from 35 to 50 in time for server transfers :)

Don't want to pee on your parade or anything but is there going to be a way to turn double xp off? I already think you level too fast compared to the amount of content there is to go through. The game isn't paced at all for increasing the speed of leveling.

I guess I can grind legacy all weekend and not play any alts but it would be nice to disable it.

Eric,

Will there be any way to disable this double experience boost? I already find it hard enough to being doing space missions, flashpoints, and world quests without getting dangerously close to the world quests turning gray... These weekends will undoubtably destroy any incentive to wanting to get everything done without out-leveling the content.

Edited by DarthGile

I am more than happy that they gave people this. A lot of people have been complaining that leveling to 50 again is a pain and they just want to do their class stories. So I am glad they are having double xp weekends for those people!

However, sucks for some of us who feel we already level too fast and DONT want to level faster. Now that just means theres 4 weekends where I cant play. Bioware, you need to remember your customer base doesnt always like the same thing. And while its great you're offering double xp for people, let those of us who dont want it, turn it off.

It might be already clear to everybody but me ... but are these weekends for all existing characters as well as new ones (would be the right time to level up some twinks then)?

The reason for my question is that the german version of the News says :"Ab Freitag, dem 15. März, erhalten alle Spieler, die sich bei The Old Republic™ anmelden, an jedem Wochenende bis zum 8. April 2013 doppelt so viele EP.", which in my book means that everybody who will do a registration will earn the doubleXP.

Otherwise I think that should mean "log in" like the english version says, am I right? Then maybe "einloggen" would be a better word ...

Edited by Han_Salo
Schreibfehler gefunden :-(

However, sucks for some of us who feel we already level too fast and DONT want to level faster. Now that just means theres 4 weekends where I cant play. Bioware, you need to remember your customer base doesnt always like the same thing. And while its great you're offering double xp for people, let those of us who dont want it, turn it off.

HUSH! You'll make them cancel it! :eek:

Super excited for this!

Eric, any chance these could also be implemented with double rewards to: Valor, Social, Legacy, Comms (PvP & PvE), etc?

Thanks.

Valor! Yes please!

Makeb.

If they do events it should be for everyone not only for peeps levelling alts imo.

Edited by firestarter

What if I don't want to level quickly? Will there be a way to opt out of this?

Most of the time I get to play is on the weekends. I don't want to level too rapidly because it means I'll earn fewer warzone comms prior to 40 (and thus fewer WZ medpacks and adrenals) and potentially could prevent me from maxing out my ranked comms prior to 50.

Not only that, I'm already legacy 50. There's no reason to for me to want extra XP. The legacy levels past about 20 are pointless anyway.

Exactly this. Awful news if you're leveling a PVP main or alt. This is like starting a Christmas savings account in July and two weeks later the church says Jesus was born in September and they're bumping the holiday back a few months.

Edited by CaptMurphy