Mitigation, the REAL problem. Also, operatives need a 2x dmg multiplier.

Avison

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, tanks need more mitigation. And give them skill that does 5k dmg every 9 seconds and a 50% heal every 12 seconds. That should bring them in-line with other classes (Yoda+Palpatine god-class imaginary hybrid :p).

Signed: Gunslinger

P.S. Takes me 4-5 shots to kill a sage but 45 seconds to kill a vanguard (I use relics and everything, timed on a guildie just standing still!). So to me, working as intended. I have to try a jedi knight, they have more o-**** buttons than a vanguard I think. If they have a healer...I can't kill either tank or healer...guard+taunt.

All in all, thankfully there are classes that can kill a tank decently fast. I know I can't in WZs cuz of crap white dmg. On the other hand, if they would increase the defense against other types of attacks I want my crappy white attacks do more damage to tanky targets.

yeah well you are one of the classes that we tanks can mitigate against. wich is not fair to you or tanks.

Sorc damage is NOT ignored entirely.

This thread is full of misinformation and delusion.

Sir, i would sugest you to read. yes its mitigated by armor, same armor we can get from DPS gear ( since its heavy armor ) its the stats that are usless and they are so useless we are better of with dps gear. we want this to be changed.

I stopped reading at the part it said static barrier could absorb 9k damage. I'm sure you went on to prove lots of interesting things which may or may not be true but if you can get that figure so massively wrong there doesn't appear to be much point putting any faith in the rest of your statements.

Yeah, tanks need more mitigation. And give them skill that does 5k dmg every 9 seconds and a 50% heal every 12 seconds. That should bring them in-line with other classes (Yoda+Palpatine god-class imaginary hybrid :p).

Sts.

….except that Tanks didn’t ask for increased damage, or increased heals, they asked for Mitigation.

The most ironic part of your post is that you don’t understand that Mitigation and Dodge working against Ranged attacks, but not Force/Tech harms Gunslingers almost as much as Tanks. As a Gunslinger, you’re pretty much the only class that Mitigation works against – don’t you find that the least bit unusual that Tanks are only Tanks against Gunslingers/Snipers, but squishy against everyone else?

OP, I agree with how tanking is, as I have a 49 vanguard on infinity gates and I tanked my way until the 40s or slightly less. Then I went assault and it was whoa my god *drool* I CAN DO THINGS. So yeah, defense as a tank is horrible(I mean the entirety of tanking as a whole) and needs tweaking. I wont be changing back to a tank spec thanks to that. So I'm going to go back to my assault spec'd vanguard. Which I tanked as yesterday...oh look, the tank spec was so crap I tanked as offense! ...way to go that it worked just as good without lame damage I'd have had.

They seriously need to put "content" on hold and work on gameplay and any bugs first(seriously, do you know how many would be happy about this? some may even re-subscribe upon HEARING about this? did you hear that bioware? yes there's money involved in such fixes!)

But everyones' main problem is simply: WILL BIOWARE PAY ATTENTION/BOTHER TO READ AND RESPOND/GIVE INPUT ON THE SITUATION? Because you know if they don't, that's why people start flaming, because they wont acknowledge what others suggest, discuss and more. It's like a mom and dad, the kid keeps discussing problems and more but they don't respond then you get these half-*** new things and see broken things, are still broken.

Seriously, We/I/many would love you very much bioware(I'd send you guys a valantine) if you'd acknowledge so many of the problems existing if not give input about fixing it or how you plan to(I'd foam at the mouth to hear these things occuring, an actual DEV TEAM DISCUSSING IT OPENLY..how awesome would that be?). And if anyone asks or thinks it, I'm not flaming, the only way it'd be flaming is if bioware chose to not acknowledge the problems in their game and refused to take responsibility for them. Yes I didn't need to go into it about bioware, but the last bit is somewhat of a disclaimer if they acknowledge what so many have found and discussed.

For those that feel this is working as intended, or this doesn't need to be fixed:

Would you feel the same way if your attacks didn't completely work on a certain % of classes in the game?

I seriously doubt it.

pssst! They already don't. The classes are known as "Tanks"