See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

Anyone else rather have a write up with these videos that tells us what the video shows?

I mean the video is fine and dandy and I actually have no problem with things being vague; but I will check the dev tracker from work (if I am at home and have time to mess around, I likely would be in the game or doing something else) so videos are out.

That and, having a write up just telling us what exactly we are looking at in the videos would be nice anyway.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people whining about people whining ... counting the collector's edition and being a subscriber with no interrupts I'm like nearly $350.00 into this game... with no additions to any of my class stories.

Don't tell me it's like I'm getting however many games in one, because those class stories make up such a small amount of what's in the game whereas most of the stuff is a lot of grinding through quests I've already done on every single planet if I'm interested in checking out the other class stories. The companion characters, by virtue of every class needing 5 are really one dimensional with nothing but a little bit of conversation for their story. I'm still subscribed at this point because I was leveling up some classes with a friend from 1-50, but on our second time through it's bascially ... wow, boring... to grind through the planetary quests. TOR is awesome as a one time trip through the Republic or Empire, with some value to play through the other of those two choices after you do one.

They really pounded the drum on not making the game a grind with no "Kill x number" quests, but after awhile you realize, no they're not making you count, but they've put an entire army between you and each quest goal so that you are killing X number of things. After awhile you just can't hide from it and it annoys you a little bit.

A big mistake was on races: Bioware decided that WE wouldn't want non attractive races, additionally they decided WE don't want races that don't speak basic... a lot of us surprisingly can read and we're used to that. For greater variety I'd be willing to read, then again, I love reading anyway. We see this trend continue with the Cathar which I'm looking forward to, but alas... one race out of all the Star Wars races you could add? Just one? I guess we'll have to wait and see if it'll make enough money as a Free to Play store addon before we make more, which is what I'm expecting them to do. Maybe they'll surprise me.

Maybe Makeb will be huge and advance class stories and thus, yay... I know I can't expect new voicework every month, but I could see something like every few months extending the story for one of the classes by a couple of chapters.

I'd really love to see Bioware cut way back on the non connected side quests and include more substantial story elements that don't feel closed off from one another. To some degree, the origin worlds had a good tighter feel to their stories I think.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, have fun, continue with what you're doing, I can't believe I've actually preordered GW2 though... I had no interest in that game until recently. It's kind of sad that I'm looking forward to it but maybe a break from TOR will give them a chance to come up with something new.

Yes I agree that the togruta should be added also as a playable race. Cathar for bounty, imp agent, trooper and smuggler and the togruta for jedi knight and sentinel, warrior and inquisitor. Would be good logic! Edited by Mydera

I Have to agree with several others, I would suggest fixing the current and long standing issues. Not to whine, but I can only think that with the new ops, wz with their bugs and lag, more provide even more broken events. Frustration is name of game when your ops run is called because of glitches and/or lag and/or glitches. I therefore cannot look forward to the additional content with much optimism as so many issues have not been addressed.. It is rather sad when the generic response of 'we are investigating' and 'we have our team working on it', when it appears that bugs, lags, etc. have been around since launch are still occuring. I do believe that this game has potential, or rather did, but quality control is amiss, and most people want to finished a wz without lag costing them the match.....please, I hope these problems are addressed before new bug invested content is released.

great now i have to create a new toon for the cathar race. are they going to be available for both sides? what classes are going to? i want to be a droid gunslinger

I get the impression they are going to be like "unlocked" species where they can be either side and any profession.

Whatever. Planetside 2 will be out soon, and I'll have more fun there than I am here waiting for things to happen.

Possibly so, but while you wait, we sure do appreciate you helping cover the development costs here.

If you haven’t heard the news already, there are many exciting new developments coming up for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, and new ways to play the game. Plus, Game Updates will be coming more frequently.

Watch Now

Looks great, but what about other features like Pazaak and other social stuff to do for the down time or when players are just tired of questing and doing flashpoints.

Game is severely lacking social aspects to keep players occupied.

can i get and ansewer or is this like t mobile with robots who are slower than mollasses some one tell me what the hll is going on:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Maybe you need to ask a more specific question?

I get the impression they are going to be like "unlocked" species where they can be either side and any profession.

but you can play the species out the gate just locked to a specific class. after 50 you can play them on any class or is that restricted too. i forget.... :rolleyes:

I also want to thank my droid on my ship for cleaning my fuel injectors and take him up on his offer of conversation and a back rub . Oh and to tell him to relax i will not deactivate him. He is doing a great job on the ship while i am out in the world handling my business. lol :D

but you can play the species out the gate just locked to a specific class. after 50 you can play them on any class or is that restricted too. i forget.... :rolleyes:

I don't know how it is going to be introduced. But there was a dev post explaining how Cathar might sympathize with the Imperials thus explaining them as playing Imp classes, so that leads me to believe however they are "unlocked" once they are playable they will be open to every class and faction.

/yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn

Saga never ends? Really? Am pretty certain the saga of every of my toons pretty much ended when they finished chapter 3... So much for story driven MMO not a single story update in 9 months....

Yup, like getting all the voice actors, etc together and shoveling out more and more story missions is an easy over-the-night job. :rolleyes: