So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?

Kurfer

Maybe this can help everyone understand how things are going work with mod swapping:

Pre-1.2

All PvE and PvP set armor have 3 components:

1. Shell, which has armoring stats and set bonus pre-attached

2. Mod, currently removable

3. Enhancement, currently removable

Post-1.2

All PvE and PvP set armor have 4 components:

1. Shell

2. Armoring

3. Mod

4. Enhancement

Here's the tricky part:

1. Pre-1.2 armor, while they will have shell and armoring separated, has the set bonus attached to the shell, whereas Post-1.2 armor have the set bonus attached to the armoring.

2. Only the new 1.2 armor will have set bonus attached to the armoring, pre-1.2 armor after 1.2 goes live still will not have set bonus on the armoring.

3. Basically the only way to have your Tionese/Columi/Rakata and Centurion/Champion/Battlemaster set bonuses is to keep wearing the same armor you're wearing for those bonuses now. This is the case both now and after 1.2 launches.

4. If you want set bonuses in orange crit-crafted armor you need to obtain the new PvE set or War Hero set to do so.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is simple folks. The new system will only work on the NEW sets. The sets that are already in game will not work as such.

For those more casual people that think they are screwed, you can get black hole coms by doing the coralia dailies (weekly quest).

But after talking to a lot of people, most only care for the 2 piece bonuses of there sets. So it is easy enough to "hide" those 2 items. Just wear the gloves(or boots) and helm. Hide your helm and boots or gloves are much harder to see in most cases.

But really, this is just about looks. Does it really matter that much? Well I guess it does since the rated warzone set is just looks.. But enough people seem to care.. so I guess that is where they are coming from.

It is simple folks. The new system will only work on the NEW sets. The sets that are already in game will not work as such.

For those more casual people that think they are screwed, you can get black hole coms by doing the coralia dailies (weekly quest).

But after talking to a lot of people, most only care for the 2 piece bonuses of there sets. So it is easy enough to "hide" those 2 items. Just wear the gloves(or boots) and helm. Hide your helm and boots or gloves are much harder to see in most cases.

But really, this is just about looks. Does it really matter that much? Well I guess it does since the rated warzone set is just looks.. But enough people seem to care.. so I guess that is where they are coming from.

I think even if the current sets aren't ugly, a lot of people will still want diff looks just to not look like everyone else. I think most if not all Assasins would prefer to keep the 4pc bonus. I hide 2pcs by hiding helm and wearing non-set item for chestpiece. I would change the lower robes to pants but can't do so and retain the 4-pc bonus.

I think even if the current sets aren't ugly, a lot of people will still want diff looks just to not look like everyone else. I think most if not all Assasins would prefer to keep the 4pc bonus. I hide 2pcs by hiding helm and wearing non-set item for chestpiece. I would change the lower robes to pants but can't do so and retain the 4-pc bonus.

ya I as a sorc healer like my 4pc too. But.. I can live without if for a little while if I really cared about looks. But... I dont :p Maybe I will be one of the last sorcs running around in my outfit and then I will look different lol

Gonna have to agree completely, this is bad news for me as my entire currently worn setup becomes useless and 1st day 50's will be able to fac eroll me. Not cool after the 100's of WZ's I put in to get what i do have. Unhappy is UNHAPPY!!!

Gonna have to agree completely, this is bad news for me as my entire currently worn setup becomes useless and 1st day 50's will be able to fac eroll me. Not cool after the 100's of WZ's I put in to get what i do have. Unhappy is UNHAPPY!!!

I do care about the looks, but not enough to give up 4-pc bonus. I think some ppl would actually skip the 4pc bonus to have a certain look.

I understand this for the most part, but one bit of confusion still exists for me. When people refer to the set bonuses, are they referring to the expertise ratings, or to the little buffs you get for owning a X number of pieces of a given set? For example, if you have 2 pieces of Centurion Stalker gear, you get a 5m increase on the range of Force Slow. You also, of course, get the +39 expertise per piece.

What I am really concerned with is the ability to take the expertise out of the PvP gear and transfer that to the orange stuff I want to use. From what I have seen, the new 1.2 Battlemaster gear, for example, has 3 slots - armoring, which has the expertise - mods, and enhancements.

So, it looks like I can take out the armoring to get the expertise rating, and put PvE mods in the other slots to get decent Primary stats - which are quite frankly abysmal in PvP gear. Is this correct?

I understand this for the most part, but one bit of confusion still exists for me. When people refer to the set bonuses, are they referring to the expertise ratings, or to the little buffs you get for owning a X number of pieces of a given set? For example, if you have 2 pieces of Centurion Stalker gear, you get a 5m increase on the range of Force Slow. You also, of course, get the +39 expertise per piece.

The buffs for owning x number of pieces of the sets. The expertise rating is not a set bonus, that's an item stat.

What I am really concerned with is the ability to take the expertise out of the PvP gear and transfer that to the orange stuff I want to use. From what I have seen, the new 1.2 Battlemaster gear, for example, has 3 slots - armoring, which has the expertise - mods, and enhancements.

So, it looks like I can take out the armoring to get the expertise rating, and put PvE mods in the other slots to get decent Primary stats - which are quite frankly abysmal in PvP gear. Is this correct?

Yes this is correct. You will lose the set bonus if you take out the armoring to put in an orange item though. Also, in 1.2 they are changing expertise a bit to put the gap between PvE and PvP larger than it currently is. I believe there will be Mods and Enhancements with expertise on them available. The diminishing return has been increased as well so for PvP gear you're going to want to stack expertise.

Getting 2pc set bonuses by keeping 2 of gloves, boots or helmets (that can be hidden) gives you at least some option for most classes.

Many set effects are nothing more than a bonus with very rare exceptions, that you should keep at all costs (Mercenary 2pc or Juggernaut Tank 4pc for example).

It will have the PvP set bonus with PvE stats. Reacquiring the pieces in 1.2 will not change the results. To get the PvE set bonus on your PvP gear, you will need to acquire the Campaign gear, extract the armorings and put them in your PvP gear. If you only want the chest, you can keep the other 4 Rakata set pieces equipped, get just the Campaign chest and put that armoring in your PvP chest.

Sorry, I can't quite follow you there. Can somebody explain this in simple English please? If I'm getting this right, none of the two possible assumptions about the transferring of set bonus are correct?

1. Pre-1.2 armor, while they will have shell and armoring separated, has the set bonus attached to the shell, whereas Post-1.2 armor have the set bonus attached to the armoring.

2. Only the new 1.2 armor will have set bonus attached to the armoring, pre-1.2 armor after 1.2 goes live still will not have set bonus on the armoring.

I do not think this is correct, because if it were the case I could.

1) Remove the armouring from my current BM set leaving empty shells with set bonuses.

2) Remove the armouring from a New PVE set with the set bonus.

3) Put the new Armouring in the old armour and have a full PVP set bonus AND a full PVE set bonus o0n one suit of armour.

I suspect the old armour will remain "shell and armouring" as one unit to avoid this problem.

Well, at least they should fix the patch notes, which seem anything but correct right now:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

1) Remove the armouring from my current BM set leaving empty shells with set bonuses.

3) Put the new Armouring in the old armour and have a full PVP set bonus AND a full PVE set bonus o0n one suit of armour.

I suspect the old armour will remain "shell and armouring" as one unit to avoid this problem.

LOL I wanted to say the same thing after going through the 1st page, but I figured I'd read the rest of the pages. I can believe it took 12 pages for someone to ask this.

I would be ok wearing ugly sets if it meant keeping the shell set bonus along with the new armoring set bonus. And you know what, I have a feeling this was going to go live until you just brough it up. Now they prob will have armoring bonus override shell bonus.

LOL I wanted to say the same thing after going through the 1st page, but I figured I'd read the rest of the pages. I can believe it took 12 pages for someone to ask this.

I would be ok wearing ugly sets if it meant keeping the shell set bonus along with the new armoring set bonus. And you know what, I have a feeling this was going to go live until you just brough it up. Now they prob will have armoring bonus override shell bonus.

I'm sure they'll put something in place to eliminate this as a possibility -- probably the shell set bonus will take precedence and eliminate the opportunity for armoring bonus. At least half a dozen people have brought it up in this thread, and more in others i have seen, so the devs must know about it by now (assuming internal testing didn't bring it up).

To get this straight: Are you saying the transfer of set bonus will only work for the new Black Hole items, and nothing else?

Correct, and War Hero (the same tier for pvp). The new tiers of gear can have their set bonuses removed and transferred (on the Armoring mod) -- while the current tier of gear cannot.

I do not understand why, if they have implemented the tech to put set bonuses on armoring mods, they cannot retrofit pre-1.2 pieces in the same way. If it works for post-1.2 gear, there is no reason it shouldn't work for pre-1.2. There are multiple reasons why doing so would be a good thing, and none that I can fathom for not doing it.

1) The customers greatly desire this feature. Moreover, vague communication along the lines of "After 1.2, you'll be able to move set bonuses to other gear" (paraphrasing) understandably led most people to expect this feature would apply to the gear they already have.

2) This feature does not in any way alter character power level, it just lets you maintain the same bonuses you already have, with the cosmetic look you desire.

3) Having two different systems in the game to handle the same mechanic is pointless and confusing.

Edited by LagunaD

even though they have said that the armoring is removable but without the bonus, and its been done by players on the PTS.

And note it says that the set bonus fromt he new stuff with then apply to an ORANGE set, so if the current sets stay purple then thats your answer right there.

What I really want to know is if I can remove bm armoring and mods on the new itemized gear and put them into orange wrist/waist? Don't care if I lose the set bonus I just want the expertise and customized gear.

Do not Remove anything from your BM Gear before 1.2 otherwise your item will not upgrade and possibly be removed since its incompatible wtih the new mods they added. In other words your going to end up with an item with stats equivalent to a tier lower than the item you had before.

What I really want to know is if I can remove bm armoring and mods on the new itemized gear and put them into orange wrist/waist? Don't care if I lose the set bonus I just want the expertise and customized gear.

Yes. That's how it works. But you'll only be able to put waist armoring mods in other waists. You wouldn't be able to put a chest armoring mod in a waist piece, for example.

So essentially my new character who is JUST about to hit Battlemaster is in a MUCH better position than my guildmates who are full Battlemaster geared. So glad I didn't waste months playing the bag lottery on my other characters.

You and me both. I have hardly any PvE gear right now since I started focusing on PvP. So I'd have to start the PvE gear acquisition/grinding process from scratch anyway. And, I have about half Champ PvP gear and stopped grinding that until 1.2. So for us, 1.2 will be good since we don't have to re-grind much of anything. But at the same time, I cannot believe that they didn't make the changes retroactive to existing Orange gear in some way.

Also, for the new gear, will the set bonuses be "bound" to that armor mod forever? Just wondering what woudl happen if they were to eventually be able to acquire a better armor mod, but then be shafted again because of the set bonus being tied to the inferior armor mod.

Edited by Seydis

Yes. That's how it works. But you'll only be able to put waist armoring mods in other waists. You wouldn't be able to put a chest armoring mod in a waist piece, for example.

What exactly is the point of orange waist/wrist when no armorings exist for those slots? The only armorings that are worth using are the 25's from Raids which won't have expertise.

What exactly is the point of orange waist/wrist when no armorings exist for those slots? The only armorings that are worth using are the 25's from Raids which won't have expertise.

Because you can craft armor mods with Expertise on them in 1.2. You can buy the crafting material with Centurion and other commendations.