No Heals In PvP Bioware Hates Us

Titanstroke

Hey folks, I am trying to gear up in PvP and I can tell you, I quit, Bioware gives out dps medals like crazy, here I am getting pounded stunned to death (oh we know that Bioware fixed that B.S. and generally getting targetted first and most) I am in a group which is trying to take a node and I am healing like crazy keeping people up and managing to keep the fight going to try and win it. We lose due to GEAR (yes fan boys and girls that is what wins in PvP, I know because I have a dps toon who has War Hero and she gets a ton of medals), I heal for over 280k and I get two medals for all of my aggravation with unfixed stun lock, no gear check or tiered War Zones so this is my response. Bioware must not want people to heal in PvP unless they were in the initial stuff and they already got all of their gear, so no healers should be going into PvP unless they have WH because either Bioware hates us or they can't figure out a way (although most games have and do) to reward the effort so we can get gear as fast as the dps or defending classes.

Example I was running with a Juggernaut and for putting his shield on me (which is really hard work) he got better than three times the number of medals than I got healing my tail off. That is just one example of the crap that healers are having to put up with, it takes 300k in heals to get 3 medals, when my dps classes get 300k in dps they have 12 or more. It takes healers to win, and I get lost of votes but very few medals, so until it is fixed, I think I will sit it out on the sidelines and so are a bunch of others with healers who are not in WH.

Oh and fan boys that means less dps and more deaths for you, so if you decide to flame please post up your toon names because they are going to die a lot. You then can have the fun I have been having although you will get more medals for it.

Dude you get kill credit when you heal people and they kill people...I have 0 trouble getting the minimum 8 medals every game. Yes, I don't get as many medals as classes with taunts, but at the same time, I get more than dps classes. It's really not hard to get the 2.5k dam medal or the killing blow medal either.

tl;dr: I don't want to admit that others are better, so I will just blame it on the gear. I don't understand that pugs don't kill people going for their healers. I will also put a random number in the post to prove my point.

HOW ORIGINAL

Once you are marked as heals especially now, you are targetted so relentlessly that basically it is a stun fest, and that part is broken badly. That plus the geared people are getting into groups of 4 telling the other group of 4 to hit the button and we will get a group of 8 more than 80% of the time against pugs which really means very few kills so even healing folks I dont get medals and the dps and toons who guard me do. So if they are not getting kills but are getting a ton more medals then something is really screwed up badly.

My sage is mostly War Hero and I got paired with a group of 4 who missd their other 4 for a War Zone. I sat and played and we destroyed the pug group, I had 427k dps and 159k heals (part of my spec heals me when I drop HOTs or my aoe damage down) and after a while I got to feeling bad for the other group they are dying and the heals had 2 medals at the end of it and that healer was flat destroyed over and over again, stunned interrupted and trying to keep people up. I know they had two medals because I had them targetted once again at the end.

As far as playing with better toons, that is really elitist and not very doable when you are in mostly recruit/battlemaster mix the premades dont want you. When you get like my Sage the second after the first match if you are in there with a pre-made they invite you fast. So right now due to Bioware programming it really sucks for folks trying to get gear, the geared people bail out if they see more than one in the group and you wind up with pugs will all low gear people, there isnt a time penalty for bailing on a pvp match so they do it to find one that they can win easily.

And I will state it as a fact yes Gear is a decider, I can destroy a healer before they get out of all of their Recruit gear it takes two of us to take one down when they have the better gear and I can take down other classes one on one without a issue. Gear in this game is primary and if you dont have it you can be the best player in the game and you are going to be frustrated because even mediocre players are going to own you until you get it. They have made it more difficult for healers to gear up in PvP than any other class with the way they hand out the medals. I normally dont have the time to throw a huge heal in a WZ, you need to move fast from player to player and try to keep them all up.

I play a Recruit geared Scoundrel healer with 2 BM Relics and I usually get around 5-6 commendations per match, when we lose, namely:

-2,5k heal

-5k heal (I know some Scoundrel healers who can also get the 5k dmg medal if they pop a WZ adrenal)

-75k heal

-2,5k damage (I just cloak and hit someone with Shoot First)

-10 kills

-25 kills

-Various amount of objective-based medals (a.k.a Defender)

Additionally, I got the 300k healing medal more than once and I usually get the medal for delivering a killing a blow, too. (Just grenade someone who has very low HP.)

The only exception to this might be Huttball, where often people are more focused on objectives than fighting each other.If we lose in Huttball very quickly I might end up with 3-4 medals (2,5k heal, 5k heal, 2,5k damage and 75k heal).

I know I'm being targeted first and go down very fast if the enemy puts his mind to it, so I usually ask for a guard. If there is no tank, I ask one of the 4 or 5 Focus Guardians we usually get to please go Soresu and guard. They don't always heed my request but fortunately most people seem to realize the simple truth: no healer = no win.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

gj ignoring everything i said.

Clearly, gear is op, and it's you who has missed the point. I mean, every on e in this game is stunned 4 liek half the game and every body is losing games because of it! Like, wth BW!

we need even LESS of these damn heals.

Premade teams with helaers are just impossible to deal with as random team. Way to unbalanced and its the damn heals that ruins the gameplay. You can spam attacks all day, but they always outheal you.

So retaarded system, make heals slower, smaller, or longer CD or even only once per combat, so we get same balance ingame.

we need even LESS of these damn heals.

Premade teams with helaers are just impossible to deal with as random team. Way to unbalanced and its the damn heals that ruins the gameplay. You can spam attacks all day, but they always outheal you.

So retaarded system, make heals slower, smaller, or longer CD or even only once per combat, so we get same balance ingame.

What?!?!

Thanks but I die enough in WZ as it is...with less healing potential the kill rate would increase so would the amount of time spent returning from the spawn point = very boring PvP.

I have 4 lvl 50s (2 DPS, 1 tank and 1 healer) and PvP nearly all of my game time on these, and although I am far from an experte IMHO the healing potential is about right, yes tanks do get badges quite easily and DPS well they DPS......I'm afraid you are going to have to get used to those WZ that come round now and again where as a healer there is nothing you can do, either due to stupid team mates not using ther own survival techniques or because the enemy just are better players or better geared. Quite often though you will be on the winning team owning an opponent.

The main issue for me is organised premades playing against Pugs, but that is only down to players grouping up and there isn't much the system can do to stop that unless you start queueing them seperately which wrecks the queue times.

I always get 2.5K heal and 75K healed. Starting to get the 5K heal now that I'm in full Battlemaster with one WH piece. Also get 10 kills, 2.5K hit, 300K and 25 kills on a regular basis. Even gotten the solo kill medal a few times, all times it has been against either a sniper/slinger or another sorc/sage. In Voidstar I do have a problem getting the defender medals though, because I usually stand in an inconspicuous area to make the enemy forget about me. With the other warzones you have a larger area where you can stand in though and still get defender points. Edited by Solarenergy

Clearly, gear is op, and it's you who has missed the point. I mean, every on e in this game is stunned 4 liek half the game and every body is losing games because of it! Like, wth BW!

No, I did not miss the point. you didn't read what I said either.

I never had these problems, with ANY gear. Read better.

Then I applaud you but it has changed and I stand by my statement. When toons start up in Recruit gear now they are shunned by the players who are geared. I cannot count the number of times when on my Sith Healer I have been in a WZ waiting for it to pop and geared toons see three or four ungeared toons and leave fast before it starts it isnt worth their time. Especially since the number of premades have gone out the roof in the WZ, so do I blame the other players no, I am saying that Bioware is sowing the seeds of the destruction of PvP in this game by not looking at this.

There are several ways to address, the best would be to have various levels of WZ, which I wish they would do for under 50 based on level since a new level 10 is owned by anyone who is lvl 30 or above since they have the abilities which the lvl 10 hasnt unlocked yet. Again make it three tiered, first tier is mostly Recruit gear, second tier is mostly Battlemaster gear, third tier are the folks like me on my sage where I am rolling War Hero with the augment slots filled. Then you get competitive games and that is what I enjoy instead of steamrolling or being steamrolled.

The other issue is make the arenas for the pre-mades and make them worth it to them. I am hoping that it is a result of the Arena system being broken that is pushing the premades over to the pug WZ not just a wanting to face roll through. I know I could be wrong but if it is the latter then the game has already failed and we are all in trouble when it is only geared groups going at it in the WZs since they are going to cry a river when they cant faceroll.

I did read your post, I simply think if you havent run a Recruit geared new toon through lately, you probably are a little out of touch of how bad it is for new lvl 50s even for those of us with geared alts.

Then I applaud you but it has changed and I stand by my statement. When toons start up in Recruit gear now they are shunned by the players who are geared. I cannot count the number of times when on my Sith Healer I have been in a WZ waiting for it to pop and geared toons see three or four ungeared toons and leave fast before it starts it isnt worth their time. Especially since the number of premades have gone out the roof in the WZ, so do I blame the other players no, I am saying that Bioware is sowing the seeds of the destruction of PvP in this game by not looking at this.

There are several ways to address, the best would be to have various levels of WZ, which I wish they would do for under 50 based on level since a new level 10 is owned by anyone who is lvl 30 or above since they have the abilities which the lvl 10 hasnt unlocked yet. Again make it three tiered, first tier is mostly Recruit gear, second tier is mostly Battlemaster gear, third tier are the folks like me on my sage where I am rolling War Hero with the augment slots filled. Then you get competitive games and that is what I enjoy instead of steamrolling or being steamrolled.

The other issue is make the arenas for the pre-mades and make them worth it to them. I am hoping that it is a result of the Arena system being broken that is pushing the premades over to the pug WZ not just a wanting to face roll through. I know I could be wrong but if it is the latter then the game has already failed and we are all in trouble when it is only geared groups going at it in the WZs since they are going to cry a river when they cant faceroll.

I did read your post, I simply think if you havent run a Recruit geared new toon through lately, you probably are a little out of touch of how bad it is for new lvl 50s even for those of us with geared alts.

lol forgot to add

/sarcasm.

critical point I missed. My bad!:p

you're right, it has changed. you get free recruit gear.

and i was going against champion/centurion 50s as a level 10-49

^

What this guy said, except add in:

Now you get a free MK2 recruit with 2 BM relics for 50, WH weapons and Offhands are 2k ranked comms only -and- You can start saving up comms for end game gear as early as 40.

-.- buy ya, we better make it even easier for newbs

Aren't you just the most cute little thing, roll up a new lvl 50 sometime and put them in recruit gear and see how much fun it is. Or to put it in simple terms when the game is dying due to loss of customers how much fun are you going to have on your geared toon? We need to encourage people to play, or it goes away and we all lose because it will be start over time in another game. That is why I offered ideas of how to seperate the folks out due to gear in an earlier post, and by the way little guy, we all start out in Recruit gear so dont act so superior just because you and I did the grind on our other toons. I want new players to play and the grind now is worse than it was at the start or even a few months back due to the premades and issues with stun lock still not being fixed.

The larger the population, the more we can push for better and additional content from Bioware and EA.

Dude my sniper literally just hit 50 yesterday, and I've been doing a bit of pvp and I'm doing just fine. I always get like 5 medals at least, and almost always get 8+ unless it's a super blow out in huttball.

Edited by Smashbrother

Uhhhh...if everyone is stunned for (not 4, learn to type like a big boy) half the game...and everyone is losing because of it...shouldn't your enemies be losing because of it too? Hmm strange how you can't both lose...which means one of you has to win...which means one team had to of gotten the advantage be it through gear, tactics, luck, skill, or a combination thereof. Gear is gear, you are rewarded for your time and effort playing as it should be. If you fight another noob in recruit then there is where you can prove your skill...better yet try proving your skill by owning WHs while youre in recruit/BM like I used to, it is doable even though its difficult and most likely beyond your abilities. Yes a gear advantage makes a big difference, solution: GRIND THROUGH IT WITHOUT ************ OUT LIKE ALL THOSE WAR HEROS THAT MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU DID. I did it, my friends did it, even my girlfriend did it and she didnt whine nearly as much as you.

And as for the OP...L2P a healer, yes it is more difficult to get 16+ medals like the taunter/dpsers do, and yes you will get focused fired more. But learn to play around it, learn to be less noticeable, learn to get away, and lastly realize that if you have 3 dps chasing you around for 45 seconds thats 45 seconds your team has 3 less dpsers beating on them so you are still helping. Again, my girlfriend plays better than you guys, she has a scoundrel heals, consistently outheals WH healers, gets tons of medals, and she's only in BM. L2P then complain.

Uhhhh...if everyone is stunned for (not 4, learn to type like a big boy) half the game...and everyone is losing because of it...shouldn't your enemies be losing because of it too? Hmm strange how you can't both lose...which means one of you has to win...which means one team had to of gotten the advantage be it through gear, tactics, luck, skill, or a combination thereof. Gear is gear, you are rewarded for your time and effort playing as it should be. If you fight another noob in recruit then there is where you can prove your skill...better yet try proving your skill by owning WHs while youre in recruit/BM like I used to, it is doable even though its difficult and most likely beyond your abilities. Yes a gear advantage makes a big difference, solution: GRIND THROUGH IT WITHOUT ************ OUT LIKE ALL THOSE WAR HEROS THAT MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU DID. I did it, my friends did it, even my girlfriend did it and she didnt whine nearly as much as you.

uuuuhhhhnnnhhh.... but it's so HARRDD. Y can't I jus buy EWH gear and have it at that?

*Also, I want my sniper to be a REAL sniper, able to shoot at 200M, not this 36M crap.

/sarcasm

(just in case you missed it)

I agree a little with some of what you are saying but totally disagree with the bit I have quoted above, as soon as you start splitting out people into different tiers the queue time will shoot through the roof so less people will queue and you are into a vicious circle.

Level 10 to 49 is fine...yes when you are lower levels you do feel a bit less capable because of the limited number of abilities but you should still be able to contribute to the team, everyone has been there many times and will be again. To put it in perspective try comparing low level PvP in this game to low level PvP in another very well known MMO where, until you get resi at lvl70, quite often you are dead before you even know you are in combat due to fully loomed stealthers.

As for splitting out level 50s by gear levels....currently you can go from new lvl50 to full BM in 7 or 8 days. How long will that take you if you have to wait much longer for WZs to pop due to you only queuing with other recruits, and you will still have the problem of premades.

Gear does make a difference there is no denying that, between two similarly skilled players it will give you the edge, however I think the impact of gear is very often overstated....WH gear does not turn a bad player good and recruit gear does not make a good player bad.

Edited by PalihoJ

I do understand, OP, and I will tell you what I think about it.

Even though I am getting medals, I have a friend who is healing 400k+ and gets 4 medals at the end of the WarZone. I felt so bad for him and started to discuss what could be a problem and we came to a conclusion = the gear.

He is mostly in recruit gear which makes him an easy kill and as, a healer, he will get focused 90% of the time.

Because he is dying really fast, he is only focusing on healing, interrupting and ccing, which won't give him damage medals.

Also, with spending more time dead than alive, he won't get defending/attacking medals. He is a team player and, when needed, he will stealth just to interrupt when we all die = less medals.

That might be the only reason I could think of, because, with the gear he has, the guy is a really awesome healer and a player.

I do understand, OP, and I will tell you what I think about it.

Even though I am getting medals, I have a friend who is healing 400k+ and gets 4 medals at the end of the WarZone. I felt so bad for him and started to discuss what could be a problem and we came to a conclusion = the gear.

He is mostly in recruit gear which makes him an easy kill and as, a healer, he will get focused 90% of the time.

Because he is dying really fast, he is only focusing on healing, interrupting and ccing, which won't give him damage medals.

Also, with spending more time dead than alive, he won't get defending/attacking medals. He is a team player and, when needed, he will stealth just to interrupt when we all die = less medals.

That might be the only reason I could think of, because, with the gear he has, the guy is a really awesome healer and a player.

Tell your friend to throw in a damaging attack everyone once in a while. Getting 2.5k is not hard even in recruit. Same with killing blow.

I hear all of you but I dont think the underlying issue is really understood. Especially for the Empire side PvP has become two tiered already, the first tier is the groups who are doing the premades and unless you are already fully geared and something you need, then you need not apply. The second group is everyone else, they are not as well geared and they are getting flat destroyed and it happens very fast.

Example, even when playing against premades my Sage who is geared can lay down over 250k damage even when in a bad group and can garner 8 medals without a lot of problems. She will wind up with 20 kills or more and since the next time may be against the premade but with a geared up bunch of pug playes even the premade may have problems with then it is all ok. On the Empire side numerous matches where the top toon with kills is under 10, which means that it is all or nothing. Plus as a Inquisitor healer, she really with the cooldowns is limited in the damage she deals and dies too fast in a stun fury to do much. That plus by definition doing damage is taking away from what her role is which is to heal.

Thus if you have to deal damage to get medals which would allow you to get to Battlemaster in the 6-8 days that everyone quotes then I repeat my original statement it is broken and Bioware obviously doesnt want heals in PvP. Either that or they really designed the whole medals totally towards dps which is the same thing. When the guy with 8 kills has 5 - 7 medals and I have healed for 250k to 300k and I have 2 medals then something is bad wrong with the way PvP awards the medals and points you need for gear.

Until there is a way to fix the way that PvP is being played right now I stand by my statement, and ask do you want the healer who you are depending upon to keep you alive healing or working their tail off to get some dps in order to get some medals? Hopefully you would want them healing and being compensated appropriately for it and not having to break out and do dps badly which is about the only way a Healer does it in PvP.