Petition to stop the removal of LBLO in ops from the game, when 6.0 goes live!

AshEvil

I know its kind of silly to say this but hey LBLO (Last Boss Lockouts) does help a lot of people out with there alts and as most of us or even some have like over 25+ to 50+ alts its the best way to lvl stuff quick in a short time even tho when 6.0 goes live we can get full legacy set even on left side (Ear/Implant/Relic). It's still quick and fun to run them. As I do a lot of runs back to back on my server SS on both fleets on Dullewe to help people out. Just thought of putting it out there to let BW know you guys are taking the fun out of group stuff. (I don't mean that in any bad way) As I've been playing this game for six years plus and will keep playing it but you guys need to stop taking the fun out of it. :(

Thank you.

I hope I didn't piss off anyone ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ 1

If it gets removed I´ll do group finder operation less often.

I don´t need/want to run sm ops but if it´s just the endboss I join when they need people or the guild needs points.

The change won´t be so bad in the beginning, because everybody will want the gear.

But in the end I think players will run sm less often.

my sense is, if you haven't gone through the Operation beforehand and you only want the last boss, you shouldn't profit by not having the same wonderful experience others have. it is only fair that everyone should have the same experience and no one can skip to the final boss for the lock out and rewards.

So i'm not in agreement with this petition one bit.

+ 1

If it gets removed I´ll do group finder operation less often.

I don´t need/want to run sm ops but if it´s just the endboss I join when they need people or the guild needs points.

The change won´t be so bad in the beginning, because everybody will want the gear.

But in the end I think players will run sm less often.

Yeah, I do it also to help out as I really don't need anything either :) and yes at the beginning it won't be any use as all of us will be needing gear so allot of full runs will be going on.

my sense is, if you haven't gone through the Operation beforehand and you only want the last boss, you shouldn't profit by not having the same wonderful experience others have. it is only fair that everyone should have the same experience and no one can skip to the final boss for the lock out and rewards.

So i'm not in agreement with this petition one bit.

I believe that too plus this is mostly to help people with a lot of alts and they do get to see the fight on the last boss tho :D

If they do the weekly as a percentage for each boss, that'd be fine with me.

LBLO are kind of cheesy.

It may be cheesy but who got the time to run full runs on many alts or get 7 (not counting your self) other people to run it on many alts. :p

No no no run the full operation it's easy enough stop being lazy.

Just because it's "easy" doesn't mean everyone has time to run an Op a day/night every night if they'd want to play. Some would like to do some other things in the game but still get conquest points, one chance at loot, etc...

No one is stopping you from running full runs on Ops. LBLO does no harm to you either.

All removing the boss lockouts from storymode will do is reduce the number of pug groups that will form for anything but EV/KP. Even for those you might get people more choosy about letting in newer or lower geared players.

Who's going to risk running ravagers and having the pug group fail at master/blaster if there are no lockouts? Currently you can just get a new group together and try again. Most OPs besides EV/KP have a potential to crash and burn some way in if enough players are either not good enough at their class, or unable to follow mechanics.

Currently with the boss lockouts if your pug group wipes and disbands you can form a new group and try again at the boss where you wiped. With no boss lockouts you'll have to start from the beginning of the OP again. That is a lot of time potentially wasted.

For conquest just don't have all the points for the final boss and you'll see more full runs forming.

Removing the boss lockouts will result in less full runs for pug OPs forming, not more.

All removing the boss lockouts from storymode will do is reduce the number of pug groups that will form for anything but EV/KP. Even for those you might get people more choosy about letting in newer or lower geared players.

Who's going to risk running ravagers and having the pug group fail at master/blaster if there are no lockouts? Currently you can just get a new group together and try again. Most OPs besides EV/KP have a potential to crash and burn some way in if enough players are either not good enough at their class, or unable to follow mechanics.

Currently with the boss lockouts if your pug group wipes and disbands you can form a new group and try again at the boss where you wiped. With no boss lockouts you'll have to start from the beginning of the OP again. That is a lot of time potentially wasted.

For conquest just don't have all the points for the final boss and you'll see more full runs forming.

Removing the boss lockouts will result in less full runs for pug OPs forming, not more.

Yep. And with the level De-syncing they're doing, it's gonna result in a LOT more fails on some Ops. Too many people are used to face rolling mechanics. There is going to be a LOT of rage in chat because of "noobs" wrecking Ops, IMO, after this launches.

Just because it's "easy" doesn't mean everyone has time to run an Op a day/night every night if they'd want to play. Some would like to do some other things in the game but still get conquest points, one chance at loot, etc...

No one is stopping you from running full runs on Ops. LBLO does no harm to you either.

Bioware are not going to revert it and that's your fault for being so casual end of the day LBLO were being abused for conquest points and bioware noticed it and fixed it simple it's done now look in the mirror and smile.

Bioware are not going to revert it and that's your fault for being so casual end of the day LBLO were being abused for conquest points and bioware noticed it and fixed it simple it's done now look in the mirror and smile.

^ 100% this. The only reason LBLO exist isn't due to people not having time. It's because people want fast and easy conquest. It was an abuse of the system that was within the rules to do, but BW is finally fixing it. I have no problems with them getting rid of LBLO, my only concern with no lockouts is if BW introduces a new raid, not every group will finish something bran new the 1st or 2nd time they enter it.

Edited by Toraak

If that's the reason they done that, then maybe they should have change the conquest grant, so that in order to get the cq points, you'd have to do the full op. That way, CQ points aren't abused, and people still have a chance to do the LO's if they like, and as someone else said, if the group fails, you can still keep the LO and get another group together. I can't imagine getting rid of the LO's are going to effect ops (or groups) positively.

Edited by DarkGruffalo

Unless you work for BW, you have NO idea if they will revert that or not. :rolleyes: If enough people ask them to not do it, they might listen.

Best way would be to only grant a small amount of conquest points for it, or have the weekly count boss by boss, so that full runs get the CP.

Nothing is my fault for being so casual anyway. Not sure where or why you're coming off with such a snide & snarky attitude.

^ 100% this. The only reason LBLO exist isn't due to people not having time. It's because people want fast and easy conquest. It was an abuse of the system that was within the rules to do, but BW is finally fixing it. I have no problems with them getting rid of LBLO, my only concern with no lockouts is if BW introduces a new raid, not every group will finish something bran new the 1st or 2nd time they enter it.

LB locks existed long before they gave more than 2k CQ points from one GF ops/day. It has nothing to do with conquest. They became a thing after 5.0 launched because CXP & RNG gear grind was introduced with 5.0.

Today I spend almost 90 minutes on 3 first bosses EC with pugs from fleet before we gave up on minefield. Anyhow, I got a lock and another group later, so my time wasn't completely wasted. By removing lockouts they will efficiently remove all the people who know how to play from GF as well.

Unless you work for BW, you have NO idea if they will revert that or not. :rolleyes: If enough people ask them to not do it, they might listen.

Best way would be to only grant a small amount of conquest points for it, or have the weekly count boss by boss, so that full runs get the CP.

Nothing is my fault for being so casual anyway. Not sure where or why you're coming off with such a snide & snarky attitude.

lol these petitions are garbage and people like your self will jump at any reason to try and give them a reason to listen LBLO are only going from boring mode so they are still in the game for Vet/Master mode operations I don't see why people get so serious about SM operations they are nothing but a stepping stone and all players should be able to clear them that is straight from the raid designers mouth.

besides being against the spirit of the game.

seconded . it defeats all the effort of those groups that 'would' manage and prevents the newer players from learning full ops mechanics, and is a lot more boring than doing a normal ops. and yes considering how SM is auto mode with 258..

i mean... why not make a petition to remove all NOT last bosses from ops :D

...we all know which guilds are upset by this.

Edited by SushaBrancaleone

besides being against the spirit of the game.

seconded . it defeats all the effort of those groups that 'would' manage and prevents the newer players from learning full ops mechanics, and is a lot more boring than doing a normal ops. and yes considering how SM is auto mode with 258..

i mean... why not make a petition to remove all NOT last bosses from ops :D

...we all know which guilds are upset by this.

Which guilds?

Personally, I think LBLO's are great.

I mean, I love OPs, so I run whatever I can get. Look at it this way, if it's a night I know I can set aside 3-4 hours, then I have no problem joining up with friends and PuGs to run through Rav or ToS. But if I only have 1-2 hours, I'm super happy when someone says, hey, we've got a LBLO, want to come heal? Then, if I have time, I can run an alt through and DPS too.

So in my case, LBLO's are all about the time and fun factor. I have more opportunities to do what I like. With this upcoming change, basically I won't get to run OPs more than one night a week. Major bummer.

Which guilds?

Personally, I think LBLO's are great.

I mean, I love OPs, so I run whatever I can get. Look at it this way, if it's a night I know I can set aside 3-4 hours, then I have no problem joining up with friends and PuGs to run through Rav or ToS. But if I only have 1-2 hours, I'm super happy when someone says, hey, we've got a LBLO, want to come heal? Then, if I have time, I can run an alt through and DPS too.

So in my case, LBLO's are all about the time and fun factor. I have more opportunities to do what I like. With this upcoming change, basically I won't get to run OPs more than one night a week. Major bummer.

but doing LBLO's isn't really running ops is it your only being cheap and doing the last boss

Aside from the obvious CXP and Conquest value, there are two things I liked about SM LBLOs

1) They encouraged me to play with my guild. Up until I started doing them, I'd pretty much just acted like a solo taking advantage of the xp/CXP perks and ignoring everyone. LBLOs are fast and you get a lot of cxp, and people in my guild advertised a lot of them, which helps bring people in our community together.

2) They were good learning experiences. Yes, a full run is obviously the best learning experience because you see all the bosses, but I'd never run ops before and was intimidated of full runs, even in SM. Doing a one-shot deal with players that had done the fight many times before provided enough redundancy that i could go in without knowing the fight, and not screw things up, and after doing enough of them, I had enough confidence in my skills to start doing full runs.

As I've said elsewhere, I think petitions are pointless. BW will ram this change through whether we like it or not - and I don't. The only satisfaction I get is that the people coming here to complain about the petition also don't know any better - they're volunteering their time to shill for BW with what they think is the reason, because BW can't be bothered to make a yellow post and just settle it themselves. /golfclap.

Just thought of putting it out there to let BW know you guys are taking the fun out of group stuff. (I don't mean that in any bad way) As I've been playing this game for six years plus and will keep playing it but you guys need to stop taking the fun out of it. :(

That's pretty much been the blueprint since 3.0 and on. Any way they can strip some fun off the game, they have managed to do it as each update comes and goes. Critical feedback aside, thank you.

I run the entire OP whenever time allows, so no, it's not being cheap. It running the content you have time to run. It's no different than running a WB or Queen is it?

except the real reason to just do LB (compared to any other boss in the same OPs) is to get the daily, and the conquest objective, (possibly on multiple toons so to cap them fast).