Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ValariusAbrose
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1511
Quote: Originally Posted by Grewvin View Post
They killed my game. I loved it but ya what the point if I'm a pvper on the republic side already dealing with a unbalanced pvp problem. Obvious the supporters are Imps.
I may be Imperial but I'm no where close to 50 right now. I just don't understand why people are freaking out so far. I thought people enjoyed playing games just for playing them. But it seems Valour is serious business. It's the path that leads to 60 valour, not reaching it that is fun.

If some people abused it, then more to them. I understand Bioware messed up with this, but honestly they are trying to improve the game. It just can't instantly be good, they still lots to learn. I'll support them until I see no results, then I'll probably unsub, but with all this promised content I'll stay around a little longer.

Vlacke
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1512
Quote: Originally Posted by _MadMike_ View Post
You clearly did something wrong then
Look at the screenshot linked earlier, 500 valor per minute is 30k/hour. That's a 400% boost from 6k/hour, so it's not just a minor boost.
True, which is why today's valor gain needs to be removed from people who obtained enormous amounts of it.

But not via rollback as some clueless people are screaming here, they will have to track down exploiters with different ways.

BulbousNeckbeard
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1513
canceled, gl to those who stay, staying away from future bioware games.

normyau
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1514
My first post.

BlueCougar
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1515
I got on after class tonite and joined a ops since I just hit 50 today. I switched Ilum instances to match them then had to ride into the PVP area since the waypoint was gone. I rode south looking for them, first time in the area only to get a loading screen once I got there. Then I spent the next 40 minutes looking at a loading screen and "x'ing" out of game to reload to find it stuck at that loading screen listening to the battle. Finally when I reloaded for the fourth time I was in Ilum (1) and got to see myself laying dead with the medical center button.

Yeah I would say this needs a lot of work. I had been told to turn everything down on my video settings before entering and even then it was abysmal fps...and I'm well over minimum specs. How can you design a game where you can't turn down the spell/ability affects of other players to make it more manageable? Or even then, why not focus on optimizing that so if more than 20 players are in an area the game doesn't slow to a one frame per minute crawl?
╮╯╮╯╮╯╮╯╮╯╮╯╮╯╮╯╮
@‗‗▏Tolba Vekk
∭╱▔▔▔╲‗‗╯Panda Attack Bounty Hunter

CTSmith
01.18.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1516
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiralya View Post
Lol first i am not exaggerating my valor gained... simple 10 medals can be pretty easily farmed means 500 valor + 200 valor for ilum buff and you get 800 valor for losing a game if i am not mistaken and 1k for winning.

2nd, yea i did wrong math there, but still it doesnt matter even if it was 100%, becouse as i said 9 hours farm is nothing in the long run.
Then you must be imperial. I tend to be one of the top people on my teams, and on MY server (all servers are not the same) i lose 3/4 matches. Granted i always do great dps and hold points well, i still only top about 7-8 medals on a good run, and it is far from constant.

Again, i think you are playing on the side that has the bias, therefor it is not as obvious to you. Oh, and i get around 500-600 valor for a loss on average, unless that has been changed as well.

Cinge
01.18.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1517
Wait, Loekii the guy who trolled these forums pre-release who stated multiple times the game sucked and would fail, still bought the game, still plays the game, and still trolls the same forums.

HAHAHA.
Quote: Originally Posted by BeverlyReynolds View Post
Since the devs do not wish to draw attention to their alleged vampiric activities, we're going to go ahead and close this thread. (Also, it is off-topic for these forums.)

swooshien
01.18.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1518
Quote: Originally Posted by _MadMike_ View Post
You clearly did something wrong then
Look at the screenshot linked earlier, 500 valor per minute is 30k/hour. That's a 400% boost from 6k/hour, so it's not just a minor boost.
your math is majorly flawed. the guy just made a screen of this best 1 minute valor gain. he wont make much more than 10k an hour. and anyway, people who exploited this excessively will get their valor removed anyway(or a similar measurement), according to bioware.
Naomi - Sith Juggernaut
]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Loekii
01.18.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1519
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoemama View Post
Gabe Amatangelo
Principal Lead PvP, Flashpoints and Operations Designer

This man ruined one MMO's PvP and arguably the game. I don't think I'll be giving a company money who employs this guy and his design decisions. I was willing to actually until 1.1 and the notes came out. Now when my guild has TWO people logged on and we are a PvP guild after a major content patch...

I think I'll vote with my wallet thanks!

Definitely vote with your wallet. It is all they listen to.

While the patch and the design decisions are bad, their response is horrible, and then they come in and try to be dishonest about it.

I would have had some empathy, had they simply manned up to the mistake, and talked to us like customers.

If you mess up, own it, and make it right and tell me how it wont happen again.

If you ignore it, then try to be dishonest about, make a weak attempt to fix it, and fail to even say it wont happen again, then I really do not think it is worth spending my money.
Not Happy with the State of TOR?

Cancel your subscription until you see BW improve the game to your liking. Vote with your Wallet.

VSutra
01.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1520
Quote: Originally Posted by VvDingovV View Post
Like when that RealID fiasco in WoW killed WoW? Oh, wait... it didn't.

Or, maybe you mean when that $300 monocle killed EVE? Oh wait... it didn't.

You must mean that going F2P thing that killed LOTRO or DDO? Nope, it didn't either. Sorry man, I'm lost.

What I see is a company that rolled out a patch, realized the patch was a but buggy on the PVP side, and wrote a hotfix to be rolled out within 24 hours. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is. It's already been handled, either you're satisfied or you're not. Either it's a first world problem that you quit over, or you don't. But, remember, your anger and dismay is not everyone's, it only belongs to you. And, you alone (or even you and 10-12 people) aren't going to kill an MMO, even if they royally screwed this one up, which didn't happen.
Comprehension. Important. I never mentioned killing the game. I suggest you take a breather, and read posts accurately.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
Master Jedi Yoda