The ranked season is too long

septru

Please. Every single season since s7 has been this way. The ranked season is just too long. No one ques anymore. Solo ranked is dead on both servers. Fully. It used to be that wintraders, matt farmers, and throwers would be the only people queing this late in season, but solo ranked has actually died. Prime time hours and there are no pops on both NA servers.

1 easy fix. End the season earlier. Please.

Edited by septru

There should be a definitive time limit for these. I mean it started right at start, we had Pre-Season for ages. They should have a fixed time so that people know when it starts and when it ends. Also awards should be announced at a specific point too.

Please. Every single season since s7 has been this way. The ranked season is just too long. No one ques anymore. Solo ranked is dead on both servers. Fully. It used to be that wintraders, matt farmers, and throwers would be the only people queing this late in season, but solo ranked has actually died. Prime time hours and there are no pops on both NA servers.

1 easy fix. End the season earlier. Please.

Yes it is. Season must last somewhere near 5 months not more. Making season so long makes it difficult to queue during last months because almost everyone got elo they wanted and just stopped playing.... and waiting so long for pvp rewards is really exhausting.

I rather suspect it is dead not because of the length, but rather because of other reasons ...

Or, maybe, you don't get a group, because you are too good and the system isn't able to get players with a similar level for you ...

I rather suspect it is dead not because of the length, but rather because of other reasons ...

Or, maybe, you don't get a group, because you are too good and the system isn't able to get players with a similar level for you ...

it's dead for a lot of reasons but the length of the seasons unquestionably makes things worse

The seasons have always been like that. One season will last like almost a year, then another will last 3 months, and another 8 months. They never set an actual time frame for them, and I think its because they feel the need to have rewards after every season and those assets get pushed to the back burner for other stuff.

Funny thing is that they actually mentioned the same things in this thread in a community blog back in 2014. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140415

Shorter Season Length: Brutal Action and Quicker Rewards!

Season 1 started on November 13th 2013 (Game Update 2.4.3) and ended on April 8, 2014, (Game Update 2.7) a span of 21 weeks! This was too long of a length to get the best experience out of the Ranked Seasons, mainly queue population. With a roughly five month long season there were valleys/weeks where the queue population stagnated and thus dipped in participation. We feel that shortening the season length will keep the queue fresher and more active than in Season 1 and should be an overall benefit to the system. How short are we going? Roughly a three month long season, ending on major Game Updates like Season 1 did with 2.7.

Too bad they simply don't care enough anymore to take there own advice.

In 2.0 Bioware stated

With a roughly five month long season there were valleys/weeks where the queue population stagnated and thus dipped in participation. We feel that shortening the season length will keep the queue fresher and more active.

So you even acknowledge the problem of having a long season, but now you come go back on your promises and let the season go for as long as a whole year? This is extremely disheartening as you claim your making a lot of warzone changes but one of the biggest problems with ranked PvP goes unchecked. This is no longer a problem about "freshness and stagnation" of the que, this is about keeping the que alive. Yesterday, Saturday, was the first time in THE WHOLE WEEK that solo ranked popped on Satele Shan.

Edited by septru

Yesterday, Saturday, was the first time in THE WHOLE WEEK that solo ranked popped on Satele Shan.

I've noticed this as well. I'm from Australia and during weekdays by the time I get home, I usually get an hour or two of SR pops before the queue dies. Last two weeks, however, not a single pop during weekdays. Only being able to do ranked during weekends is making me rapidly lose interest in the game.

I'm sure that if the seasons were shorter (3-5 months) there would be plenty of people in q to sustain pops and accommodate us APAC'ers as well. I'm willing to forgo flashy season rewards if it meant seasons were going to be shorter.

I'm happy to see BW dedicating a lot of attention to pvp atm. But a lot of it is catering to regs. I think BW is underestimating the impact the ranked community has on the game and are currently risking losing a large chunk of it by keeping the ranked seasons running this long.

Funny thing is that they actually mentioned the same things in this thread in a community blog back in 2014. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140415

Shorter Season Length: Brutal Action and Quicker Rewards!

Season 1 started on November 13th 2013 (Game Update 2.4.3) and ended on April 8, 2014, (Game Update 2.7) a span of 21 weeks! This was too long of a length to get the best experience out of the Ranked Seasons, mainly queue population. With a roughly five month long season there were valleys/weeks where the queue population stagnated and thus dipped in participation. We feel that shortening the season length will keep the queue fresher and more active than in Season 1 and should be an overall benefit to the system. How short are we going? Roughly a three month long season, ending on major Game Updates like Season 1 did with 2.7.

Too bad they simply don't care enough anymore to take there own advice.

LOL holy **** times have changed

I wonder when they will announce rating brackets and rewards. It's already way too long. *cough* *cough* Anthem *cough*

They said "Late June". So anytime within the 2 weeks would fit into that timetable. So, we'll see if it ever actually ends.

Edited by Strange_Clouds