Yavin 4 Warzone cannons are way too LOUD. Bioware, please do something about them...

Glower

• 2 weeks later...

Many people complain about this so I believe it is a problem. Take a +1.

However, from personal experience, I play with 100% music and all the rest (besides master volume which is just ratio for the PC value) is below 50%. I set the PC volume to make the music sound not too loud and not too weak and all sound effects always fall into the right place (still can be heard easily but none are too loud. These settings work for 90% of the PC games, not just SWTOR, so until the devs fix the noise, try it out. Turrets never bothered me.

Agree.

Not just too loud and intrusive, but the noise itself is really annoying, and sounds like some kind of dishwasher cycle.

It's also an extra incentive for players to leave one of those long drawn out fail matches where the enemies take 2 points and can't be shifted off em.

Funny the only bothersome thing you noticed is that the cannons are too loud... :D

It has much BIGGER problems than that I think.

-worst matchmaking of all the PVP maps, 1 team has 3 or 4 heals whiel the other has 1 at most.

-worst FPS of all the PVP maps, the lag and delay are sometimes unbelievable here. I press a button and char reacts 1 second later..

And the l2p issues.

It seems that people playing this map haven't yet realized that it's civil war in gamestyle.

no calls

running like headless chicken and getting slaughtered at every node.

Lots of triple cap wins cause of no balance and that garbage matchmaking.

The good side: Lots of places to escape and to hide. Would make a great 8 vs 8 ranked map. Never gonna happen though.

-worst matchmaking of all the PVP maps, 1 team has 3 or 4 heals whiel the other has 1 at most.

To be honest you can see same thing in the old ACW, I guess the game mode just makes it more notable than in huttball for example.

-worst FPS of all the PVP maps, the lag and delay are sometimes unbelievable here. I press a button and char reacts 1 second later..

Here you might be unlucky, never noticed any difference (playing in DM)

And the l2p issues.

It seems that people playing this map haven't yet realized that it's civil war in gamestyle.

no calls

running like headless chicken and getting slaughtered at every node.

Besides the speed power-ups and stairs to mid it is exactly ACW. There really isn't much the devs can do more except for exactly copy-pasting a war zone and editing the sky graphics, to make it easier for players to understand the game. And if they would do that, they would get complaints about being uncreative, they already have got many of these about this war zone as it is.

So we have oddesen, which was a totally new creative idea and people hated it for not understanding mechanics and blaming RNG. You still see people totally clueless in there from time to time, leaping out of a control point to land 1 strike to a guy being already deal with by 5 people... so new is bad.

We have now a reskin of an old warzone, and people still somehow need to L2P and therefore people hate it, and additionally, people hate it for being uncreative because it is a mere reskin... so reskin is bad.

When they created arenas people have and are still complaining about how worse the class imbalance is in there because in there all that matters is spec fighting efficiency and there is less room for tactics. Just imagine how long and annoying would TDM of twice the size (8v8) will look when they have 3 sorc heals and you have no heals... so TDM is bad.

What is left? What should BioWare do to make people happy? Make new warzones? reskin old? make TDMs? do nothing?

Whatever they do, some will like it, others will complain. Can't say they failed with Yavin more than they have succeeded with it.

Therefore I do think that the worst failure is the loud turrets, and to be honest I believe that the reason for this problem is that the testers of the game who tested this map have their sound tweaked the same way I do, with all but music on less than 50% :p

• 5 months later...
Coming to Cartel Market near you...

Ear Plugs 240 CC

I have keybinding for sound mute. Thanks to Bioware it is still here. :o

Go into game assets and replace the wav files with something more subtle

You can replace files in SWTOR without the chance of a ban? Or you can do this like in WoW without repacking?

You can replace files in SWTOR without the chance of a ban? Or you can do this like in WoW without repacking?

Well technically sound files do not return any value to the internet, they only receive triggers to be activated, so I don't think there is any way to notice if you altered them. It is not like you altered the damage that you receive or your location so when it is reported back to the server it can be noticed that it is not as predicted. It is same as if you would change anything colored blue to red, or disable sounds, it is on your end only. Thing is to find the eact file which makes the turret sounds, and know that any turret in the whole game who shoots with the same sound will be changed too.

I still personally prefer having music on 100, rest on 50 and then nothing hurts the ears...

Yavin 4 Warzone cannons are WAY TOO LOUD with all these effects. Too loud and too intense.

Bioware, please do something about it. :(

Go to sound options and reduce the ambient volume and you'll be fine.

Well technically sound files do not return any value to the internet, they only receive triggers to be activated, so I don't think there is any way to notice if you altered them. It is not like you altered the damage that you receive or your location so when it is reported back to the server it can be noticed that it is not as predicted. It is same as if you would change anything colored blue to red, or disable sounds, it is on your end only. Thing is to find the eact file which makes the turret sounds, and know that any turret in the whole game who shoots with the same sound will be changed too.

I still personally prefer having music on 100, rest on 50 and then nothing hurts the ears...

Replace it with a file of a soft female voice saying *Boom Boom Boom (giggle)*

• 1 month later...
I only noticed it one time, and I think it was when I was guarding? I had nothing to distract me, and so I had only the sound of the cannons and I did find it annoying. Other than that, I never noticed. I think I block it out when fighting. Edited by Lhancelot