Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE] The Mercenary / Commando Healing Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
[PvE] The Mercenary / Commando Healing Guide

cs_zoltan
12.27.2014 , 01:18 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by NeNiMel View Post
2. Mostly because I dont know how to do it!
You have to PM someone, Tait I guess. KBN knows he does it all the time

NeNiMel
12.28.2014 , 05:08 AM | #82
Alright will try that thanks

Just of curiosity what values do you aim for regarding alacrity, surge and crit cz_zoltan?
A T M E A || < R A G N A R O K >
T H E . R E D . E C I L P S E

cs_zoltan
12.28.2014 , 07:05 AM | #83
Alright will try that thanks

Just of curiosity what values do you aim for regarding alacrity, surge and crit cz_zoltan?
7/3 alacrity/surge and 500+ crit.

NeNiMel
12.29.2014 , 05:16 AM | #84
Added the Commando translation of the guide just follow the link in the op or scoll down to the first reply

Have actually thought of trying out a full alacrity build, but not sure how the cap looks for alacrity... (I'm no theorycrafter after all :P)

cs_zoltan
12.29.2014 , 06:45 AM | #85
Added the Commando translation of the guide just follow the link in the op or scoll down to the first reply

Have actually thought of trying out a full alacrity build, but not sure how the cap looks for alacrity... (I'm no theorycrafter after all :P)
Quote: Originally Posted by ceazare View Post
The ones I've checked are same as in KBN's post on first page, except that you change the "55" in them to "60".

Damage Reduction = ArmorRating / ( ArmorRating + 240 * 60 + 800 ) * 100

Max Health = BaseHealth + Endurance * 10
(BaseHealth at 60 is 6625)

Critical Chance (from crit rating) = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / 60 ) / 0.9 ) )
Critical Chance (from main stat) = 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / 60) / 5.5 ) )

Accuracy Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AccuracyRating / 60) / 1.2 ) )
Alacrity Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AlacrityRating / 60) / 1.25 ) ) )
Surge Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( SurgeRating / 60) / 0.22 ) )

Bonus Damage (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.2
Bonus Damage (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.23
Bonus Damage (from power) = Power * 0.23

Bonus Healing (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.14
Bonus Healing (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.17
Bonus Healing (from power) = Power * 0.17

The new StandardHealth value is 3185.

I haven't checked tank stats yet. Also, 3.0 patch note said something about changing accuracy formula, but that didn't seem to happen. It might in a future patch, keep an eye on it
There they are.

Syrlex
01.04.2015 , 04:49 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
7/3 alacrity/surge and 500+ crit.
As someone who is spending more time with Merc Healz in 3.0 than in 2.x, and learning as much as I can as quickly as I can, I would love to hear your reasoning for the high crit rating.

I recall from 2.x that crit rating was not so useful for Mercs healing, or at least that was one popular approach.

Many thanks for the answers in advance.

Syrlex of The Red Eclipse

PS: And are you using mainstat or power augs?

cs_zoltan
01.04.2015 , 06:46 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrlex View Post
As someone who is spending more time with Merc Healz in 3.0 than in 2.x, and learning as much as I can as quickly as I can, I would love to hear your reasoning for the high crit rating.

I recall from 2.x that crit rating was not so useful for Mercs healing, or at least that was one popular approach.

Many thanks for the answers in advance.

Syrlex of The Red Eclipse

PS: And are you using mainstat or power augs?
Actually Orderken's model said that even in 2.x ~420 crit was BiS (iirc) in 180 or 186 gear (can't remember which) and now in 3.0 we have bigger stat budget and Advanced Targeting was changed from alacrity to surge which puts further emphasis on crit.
And I use mainstat augs.

Anyway this is by no means fact just a so called educated guess based on my experience and Orderken's 2.x model

K_osss
01.05.2015 , 01:56 PM | #88
Thanks for the buide NeNiMel!

Dusting off the 55 Mando healer to level up and do some PvP with. Great referesher!

NeNiMel
01.11.2015 , 05:00 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
Thanks for the buide NeNiMel!

Dusting off the 55 Mando healer to level up and do some PvP with. Great referesher!
Good that it could be of help but if you are looking for pvp you should take a look at this guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=462351 Spartan is still updating it for 3.0 but it is still very useful for pvp

In a side note the guide is now sticky... Yay

Sandsz
01.11.2015 , 03:22 PM | #90
I'd like to see the reasoning behind taking 600 Alacrity rating. I've healed as a Merc since beta and have always avoided it for high end game healing as ive felt it creates 2 many resource issues.

A bodyguard guildie took up 400 alacrity rating for a test and noticed it only gave him 0.2 extra resource regen. That coupled with the minimal cast time increase (1.5 sec rapid scan down to 1.44 secs) and the fact theres only one ability (rapid scan) that your going to be channeling anyway. We came to the conclusion that its still something to avoid.

I still fail to see a reason to take alacrity seriously as a Merc when Power, Surge and crit will potentially increase the amount ALL of your heals do, whereas Alacrity will only decrease the cast time of ONE of them.

I saw a guide a while ago that showed that altho alacrity is the best stat for HPS it is also the worst stat for heat management, unless anyone can show some definitive maths on this forum to proove otherwise, i find it quite hard to take anything over 0 alacrity tbh.
That's no moon. It's a space station