Is There A Reason Twi'lek Don't Get New Customisation Options?

Ylliarus

It is a question I am genuinely curious about and getting a response from the developers would be amazing. Because from what I see ingame the Twi'lek seem to be a race frequently played and yet since the launch of the game there hasn't been a single additional appearance customisation option added for them. There was a great opportunity to have the Twi'lek be included in the Appearance Customization: Expanded Selections bundle eye colours, the yellow Sith-inspired ones, and even though many have requested it we haven't seen them be included in those eye colours yet.

But is it because the Twi'lek have an extremely unique texture model that adding new customisation options is very difficult? Or is it a problem with copyrights, or some issue with contracts, agreements? Because the Cathar, a species later added to the game, has received new options but the Twi'lek, a launch species, not. So I am genuinely curious about the subject.

Responding to support this thread. I hope any of the staff answers us and considers giving twi'leks new customization. I love twi'leks they are easily my favorite race in Star Wars. I was so happy to see them mention twi'leks on twitter Tuesday. This is to hoping that there will be something in the future. :)

I'm guessing that it's because they're a unique model compared to the other races. It would require extra work to put it together, something they obviously don't want to spend the resources on.

I´d hope that it´s not something they don´t want to spend time on, as customization of our characters is one of the most important parts of the game, or at least, a heavily valued one. Everyone loves to make their toons look unique and exactly as they imagine them, so not having options to do that for example with the Twi´lek is simply a huge missed opportunity for Bioware.

Responding to support this thread. I hope any of the staff answers us and considers giving twi'leks new customization. I love twi'leks they are easily my favorite race in Star Wars. I was so happy to see them mention twi'leks on twitter Tuesday. This is to hoping that there will be something in the future. :)

I feel you, my friend! I have been trying to get this particular issue to the dev´s attention and while I did get a few replies, it seems to be put off constantly. I´d really wish for new customization options to be released for Twi´lek sometime soon. Like new skin colours, purple, a proper dark green etc. What I want to see most important of all is the yellow Sith eyes from the Appearance Customization: Extended Selections become available to the Twi'lek. Like, it's something I have been begging for, for ages.

I'm with you guys.

I'd love more skin colours (Togruta have much more than Twi'lek, which is sad as i like Twi'lek more than Togruta).

More faces, don't know about male, but female Twi'lek actually only have 3 different faces, that's not enough.

And more head pieces would be nice too

Edited by Goreshaga

Zabraks are in a similar boat. They cannot use the add-on hairstyles with the horns and cant use the added eye colors, nor have there been new horn patterns or face markings. So, essentially none of the cartel market appearance additions have been usable by them.

I´d hope that it´s not something they don´t want to spend time on, as customization of our characters is one of the most important parts of the game, or at least, a heavily valued one. Everyone loves to make their toons look unique and exactly as they imagine them, so not having options to do that for example with the Twi´lek is simply a huge missed opportunity for Bioware.

Considering that Twi'leks don't even have proper hood models after all these years? How they haven't had even added additional lekku patterns? That shows how little they actually care. Which really is a shame. My first character was a Twi'lek, but the lack of options, as well as how they were shafted with head gear, had me change to another race.

Maybe they're not a popular player species?

Twi'lek are a very popular player species, just look around the fleet or other crowded places ingame. You'll see a lot of lekku's around, followed by Chiss and Zabrak. But after Human, Twi'lek are incredibly popular.

Everything is Twi'lek! Everything is cool when you're blue, red or green! ♫

I know there are more colors but roll with it, we're building an anthem. :cool:

Haha, speaking of green I'd be really down for a deep green shade. We have a light green that is almost the same as the yellow colour, but a proper deep green which is a pity. But I think the most requested one is purple and lavender, to have a darker and lighter shade like we have with blue and red.