Does no one queue for uprisings?

Raansu

I don't really pve often, but I tried doing some random group finder stuff today and while flashpoints popped somewhat quickly, I for the life of me couldn't get a pop in either story or veteran uprisings. Was in queue for both well over an hour.

I don't really pve often, but I tried doing some random group finder stuff today and while flashpoints popped somewhat quickly, I for the life of me couldn't get a pop in either story or veteran uprisings. Was in queue for both well over an hour.

This was a fail project. The main reason - no real incentives to play. Bw has no idea how mmo games are working because if there is no long-term farming incentives for doing long-term pvp or pve content no one will play it lol. Just look at wow... each repeatable content there provides something useful that player can use for his gameplay or grants commendations or medals which you collect to buy some awesome mounts or outfit. So people are always participating in different contents. BUT WAIT, Bioware spends all their power to make awesome things only for cartel market...and you dont get cartel coins for playing ranked pvp, uprisings, daily zone quests etc. You will never see people participating in different content just for fun lol since they want rewards

I think Uprisings lost their appeal quite quickly after they were released.

BioWare wanted to create FPs that were easier to make (cheaper to make) and came up with this concept of going straight into combat and no story. They used existing assets for the locations.

The issues is that FPs were fine but had their best rewards stripped from them years ago so a lot of people stopped playing them and others just rushed through them for whatever rewards they could still get from it. And not everyone likes operations of course.

Of course, shorter FPs in the form of Uprisings sounded like it could be a good idea but in the end their difficulties wildly vary and their rewards in CXP were ok but it was very repetitive because you need a lot of CXP to feel progress due to RNG.

So other things became more valuable or at least more interesting to do.

My personal view is that BioWare shouldn't have gone the path of making everything easier and requiring more repetition for progress, but rather should've made doing full content more rewarding. FPs should've been content that you shouldn't be able to skip half of but worthwhile completing.

In the end it makes more sense to me to make content that people take time to do but feel rewarded for doing it, than making quick snack size content that people have to repeat 10 times to get that reward and are bored with it because of the frequency.

All in all the game has better and/or more rewarding content than Uprisings and that's something that happens in a gearing system that is the same for everything. People just pick the most profitable parts and grind them.

Uprisings turned out to be an exercise in giving people what they were asking for, not what they wanted.

They asked for "short flashpoints" and got them. What they wanted was "full FP rewards for spending half (or less) of the time."

For the record, I think CXP reward rates are too low across the board, and they took too long to realize that it should have been a secondary gearing path instead of primary.

Even after the nerf, they yield some decent CXP for the time invested, but I agree that all types of CXP packs are too low across the board. There are cartel coins associated with some of the uprising achievements. There are rare mounts as loot. It’s a little more hectic and less about deliberative mechanics. It’s not a bad change of pace. In reality they are probably more PUG-able than FPs or OPs but since I haven’t done a ton of them I just prefer to do them with guildies who will be more forgiving.

Since when are you back in the game? Haven't seen your name here for a long time.

Ontopic: I still believe that there is a bug involving uprisings. I haven't gotten one single pop in 2018 and it didn't look much better in 2017. I still have 3 uprisings unplayed, because nothing pops. Since around March 2017, I have only these 3 uprisings marked, because I want to play them. And yet, I still haven't. I cannot imagine that NO ONE ever wants to do these uprisings. It must be a bug. I tried soloing story mode. No chance for me.

Since when are you back in the game? Haven't seen your name here for a long time.

Ontopic: I still believe that there is a bug involving uprisings. I haven't gotten one single pop in 2018 and it didn't look much better in 2017. I still have 3 uprisings unplayed, because nothing pops. Since around March 2017, I have only these 3 uprisings marked, because I want to play them. And yet, I still haven't. I cannot imagine that NO ONE ever wants to do these uprisings. It must be a bug. I tried soloing story mode. No chance for me.

I think that the people who do Uprisings might be people in guilds that queue together mostly. I don't think it's a bug but just low interest and the PUG community is pretty dead. It was already last year as far as I'm concerned.

I think people are starting to see the effects of the drop in population and the push towards CXP. It seemed that last year already the PUGs were mostly about doing the 2 or 3 things that got the best rewards like last boss runs and granked mats farm. The rest of the game was just basically solo it, find your own guild group or forget about it. Maybe that's putting it a bit strongly but I believe that's where it's at.

I haven't queued for uprisings since early 2017, and the only times I've done them were usually with guildmates. Uprisings are fun but they get repetitive really fast with people farming fractured over and over and over. Overall I don't know why they're not as popular as flashpoints but from my own personal experience I can tell that they're fun to it. Back in the day it used to be a mildly good way to farm CXP but since flashpoints got buffed and if I recall Uprisings got nerfed maybe that's why players don't it anymore? Or maybe people didn't liked that kind of short content?

Not for ages, even when it's the day's bonus thing. I gave up queuing and worked out which ones I could do solo (or rather with just me and my companion) to get the weekly a while ago now.

Uprisings turned out to be an exercise in giving people what they were asking for, not what they wanted.

They asked for "short flashpoints" and got them. What they wanted was "full FP rewards for spending half (or less) of the time."

For the record, I think CXP reward rates are too low across the board, and they took too long to realize that it should have been a secondary gearing path instead of primary.

I agree that CXP rewards are definitely way too low, but the weekly still gives a decent chunk so it surprises me that no one queues for them at all.

Since when are you back in the game? Haven't seen your name here for a long time

I never really stopped playing, I pretty much just stayed unsubbed mostly and only ever pvp'd on a rare occasion to get my pvp/star wars fix. I drop a random sub to catch up on stuff, but thats about it.

There is no incentives in this game period...none the less to do something specific if its not your favorite thing. The reward system in this game is hollow and all the appearance items are for sale...

I have never done a single Uprising and can't see a reason to ever try...This is a huge game and it's hollow and the environments are dead...

Only reason to play this game over almost any other is if you have not completed all the class stories...

I seem to be having trouble getting any HM Uprising ques as well (I don't really que for sm).

And I don't doubt having a lot lower reward for uprising (yet higher skill ceiling than most fps) is helping with people's eagerness to que. Idk why it's like that. Not looking for higher rewards here, I'd just want to do something other than the same ol FPs day in and day out :p

I have all of them done but the Master ones. I've have literally sat on fleet offering 1 million credits each for T/2D and not one taker. To date, I've only got one MM Uprising done. :(

So 1 million credits is not enough incentive to do them and BW offers what, 8k credits or something. :confused:

Edit: This was on harbie, Saturday night, prime time.

Edited by Zerileth

I guess not so many. We do them guild internal. People obviously dislike fun and partly challenging content (at least a few of the master versions).

It's stupid anyway that you can't queue for master uprisings. Another Bioware nonsense just like you can't start 16 man OPs or VM/HC OPs via Grouo finder...

Or, totally another topic, but it shows in general how often they lack any love for detail or thinking things through until the end: How in hell can you make the guild internal conquest point ranking in the conquest tab char based and not legacy based?! Makes no sense at all. That can't happen as a game designer if you really think about it before implementing it.

Edited by Khaleg