Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Acid Blade/Flechette Round Animation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Acid Blade/Flechette Round Animation

QuiveringPotato's Avatar


QuiveringPotato
07.02.2016 , 01:02 AM | #1
I just had this thought, I know lots of people have suggested adding the animation back into the game in some way, but I think the most logical and easy way for Bioware to do it would just to be to add it onto the enter Stealth animation for Concealment. That's mostly when we put on before anyway, we'd enter stealth, prepare our acid blade or flechette round... it'd do wonders to give some of the old flavor to the class that we're sorely missing now.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Xienive's Avatar


Xienive
08.03.2016 , 07:43 AM | #2
This struck interest with me. I played the game from launch until late 2014, and I just came back about a week ago or so. Back when I first played I always thought how cool Scoundrels were because they had so much flavor along with a certain appeal to how they had been presented. I always wanted to make one, but never got around to it.

Coming back to the game I've finally made one, only to realize how much more bland they've been made. The fletchette round animation being gone, of course which was the purpose of this thread, the orbital strike ability (can't recall the actual name, it's been a while), and perhaps the coolest of all, their knockdown. I'm just curious since I've been absent, but what were the reasons these were removed in the first place if anybody remembers? Pretty disappointing to come back to honestly. Did they just look at this class and try and figure out ways to make it less appealing and visually interesting?

QuiveringPotato's Avatar


QuiveringPotato
08.03.2016 , 10:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
This struck interest with me. I played the game from launch until late 2014, and I just came back about a week ago or so. Back when I first played I always thought how cool Scoundrels were because they had so much flavor along with a certain appeal to how they had been presented. I always wanted to make one, but never got around to it.

Coming back to the game I've finally made one, only to realize how much more bland they've been made. The fletchette round animation being gone, of course which was the purpose of this thread, the orbital strike ability (can't recall the actual name, it's been a while), and perhaps the coolest of all, their knockdown. I'm just curious since I've been absent, but what were the reasons these were removed in the first place if anybody remembers? Pretty disappointing to come back to honestly. Did they just look at this class and try and figure out ways to make it less appealing and visually interesting?
Hidden Strike removal: mass QQ after a small QoL buff around patch 2.6.
Orbital Strike removal: didn't fit the class "thematically"
Acid Blade made passive: (beneficial change as far as playstyle goes) reduce ability bloat in 3.0.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
08.03.2016 , 10:59 AM | #4
would be a big dps loss. now it's always on backstab with your change they'll need to seriously increase laceration dmg to compensate.

Xienive's Avatar


Xienive
08.03.2016 , 05:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
Hidden Strike removal: mass QQ after a small QoL buff around patch 2.6.
Orbital Strike removal: didn't fit the class "thematically"
Acid Blade made passive: (beneficial change as far as playstyle goes) reduce ability bloat in 3.0.
Ah ok, thanks. Not exactly reasons I like, but at the same time I don't feel all too surprised I guess.

At least the passive ability is beneficial, though I definitely still support the animation being added back in somehow.

sumquy's Avatar


sumquy
08.04.2016 , 08:49 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
I just had this thought, I know lots of people have suggested adding the animation back into the game in some way, but I think the most logical and easy way for Bioware to do it would just to be to add it onto the enter Stealth animation for Concealment. That's mostly when we put on before anyway, we'd enter stealth, prepare our acid blade or flechette round... it'd do wonders to give some of the old flavor to the class that we're sorely missing now.
as a thought experiment, sure that would be pretty cool. as a practical matter, i would rather they fix some of the million bugs infesting the game first.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

QuiveringPotato's Avatar


QuiveringPotato
08.05.2016 , 08:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
would be a big dps loss. now it's always on backstab with your change they'll need to seriously increase laceration dmg to compensate.
I think you misread my post. This is just the original ANIMATION of the ability: Acid Blade / Flechette Round. Not the passive buff effect we have now.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
08.05.2016 , 08:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
I think you misread my post. This is just the original ANIMATION of the ability: Acid Blade / Flechette Round. Not the passive buff effect we have now.
ah, i see. well, tbh i prefer they revert it the way it was back - active buff and get us back hidden strike along with the faceplant but that horse is dead i guess.