Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some thoughts on possible Operative DPS changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Some thoughts on possible Operative DPS changes

DenariusJay
07.01.2016 , 11:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
So, I think everyone can agree that operatives currently aren't balanced quite right. They're not overpowered, they're not underpowered.
If they are not overpowered... but yet not underpowered.... hmmm.... sounds like balance to me.

Not saying some tweaks can't be made, but overall I think Operative is in good place. If anything it could use a very slight nerf to solvability but BW doesn't have the word "slight" in there dictionary.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

AdjeYo
07.01.2016 , 04:22 PM | #12
Thing is, concealment hits for pretty **** damage, it's just that its survivability is off the charts.
And operatives need a serious AoE dps fix, because currently, that's just shameful.

QuiveringPotato
07.01.2016 , 10:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Thing is, concealment hits for pretty **** damage, it's just that its survivability is off the charts.
And operatives need a serious AoE dps fix, because currently, that's just shameful.
Yeah, agreed. Just because a class isn't underpowered doesn't mean it's balanced correctly. We need significantly more damage, less survivability overall, and make survivability more spread out rather than mostly reliant on exfiltrate.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Iymurra
07.01.2016 , 11:03 PM | #14
a contributing factor to our awkward balance status is the ratio of on-the-gcd defenses to off-gcd defenses.
Shield Probe and Evasion vs. Kolto Probes, Exfiltrate, and Kolto Infusion.

Hell, we were so lacking they went and tacked 20% DR to Stim Boost. (correct me if I'm wrong but we're still missing a healing tick from that right?)

If they would just take some of our defenses off the gcd we wouldn't need more than a slight buff to damage cause we wouldn't be spending so many gcds on surviving and not dpsing.

P.S. can we get 1.0 revitalizers back please?
Pretty Much Everything, but Mostly
(Operative) (Commando)
Solidarity on Hot Prospect

QuiveringPotato
07.02.2016 , 01:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Iymurra View Post
a contributing factor to our awkward balance status is the ratio of on-the-gcd defenses to off-gcd defenses.
Shield Probe and Evasion vs. Kolto Probes, Exfiltrate, and Kolto Infusion.

Hell, we were so lacking they went and tacked 20% DR to Stim Boost. (correct me if I'm wrong but we're still missing a healing tick from that right?)

If they would just take some of our defenses off the gcd we wouldn't need more than a slight buff to damage cause we wouldn't be spending so many gcds on surviving and not dpsing.

P.S. can we get 1.0 revitalizers back please?
That's another option, although spreading more defenses to Shield Probe and Evasion, and making Kolto Probe only stack to 1 would help that significantly. I still think Exfiltrate needs to be purely a movement move, with maybe a small amount of survivability or utility tacked onto it (how it was in 2.0).
Arteum | Celden

Chainedbrooklyn
07.02.2016 , 09:25 AM | #16
Concealment is in a pretty good place. DPS is fine, survivability is beautiful, i'm not detailed enough to write an essay about this so refer to the link.

http://imgur.com/a/Saxk4
Elite Warlord Galvik Kohr - Concealment Operative

Galvic Kohr - Scrapper Scoundrel

QuiveringPotato
07.02.2016 , 02:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Chainedbrooklyn View Post
Concealment is in a pretty good place. DPS is fine, survivability is beautiful, i'm not detailed enough to write an essay about this so refer to the link.

http://imgur.com/a/Saxk4
Galvik, any DPS can put out high numbers with a trinity comp backing them. If you actually have to fend for yourself, operative is not capable of putting out anywhere near those numbers without probably dying a fair amount...

The only times I've seen an op DPS do above ~2.5k DPS is when either the entire enemy team is retarded, all other DPS on the op's team are retarded, or when the op's team has a very well balanced comp.
Arteum | Celden

Chainedbrooklyn
07.02.2016 , 04:08 PM | #18
Even so man, I'm not looking to make operative a one man army. From what I can tell it's just a needle to poke and prod at the opposing team causing disarray and not do more than that. Typically while alone you're right an operative can't do damage like that but hey at least it's possible. Alone I figure 2.5-2.8k is really solid for operative but still it's not exactly meant to be a game changing class imo. I don't find myself at a massive disadvantage when I queue alone and it seems to me that everything is in the right place right now. Put up decent numbers, capture the nodes and score the huttball and all that, I probably wouldn't have said all this when 4.0 first dropped but after giving it time I can say that I'm happy with where things are and feel that there really isn't any major problems with us.

I overall just figure that things could be much worse right now and we should adapt with what we have and make it work as always.

QuiveringPotato
07.02.2016 , 07:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chainedbrooklyn View Post
Even so man, I'm not looking to make operative a one man army. From what I can tell it's just a needle to poke and prod at the opposing team causing disarray and not do more than that. Typically while alone you're right an operative can't do damage like that but hey at least it's possible. Alone I figure 2.5-2.8k is really solid for operative but still it's not exactly meant to be a game changing class imo. I don't find myself at a massive disadvantage when I queue alone and it seems to me that everything is in the right place right now. Put up decent numbers, capture the nodes and score the huttball and all that, I probably wouldn't have said all this when 4.0 first dropped but after giving it time I can say that I'm happy with where things are and feel that there really isn't any major problems with us.

I overall just figure that things could be much worse right now and we should adapt with what we have and make it work as always.
Just because they're not bad now doesn't mean they couldn't use a change. Operative's still not how a DPS class should behave.
Arteum | Celden

Chainedbrooklyn
07.03.2016 , 08:16 AM | #20
If something works why change it. Operatives have never worked how the 'normal' classes do anyway.