Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making my first agent

Tralan
05.18.2016 , 09:17 AM | #1
looking for some input. do ops do well enough in dps for doing stuff solo? or would it be better to go sniper?

-Deathpool-
05.18.2016 , 09:27 AM | #2
Have you made a smuggler before? The op is the same as the scoundrel class. That being said, if you haven't made a scoundrel before, from what I've seen in pvp ops are effective single target dps classes, being able to use a handful of cc to keep enemies from attacking. PVE is pretty easy, so I'm sure you'd be able to do the general solo stuff without a problem. The biggest difference between sniper/op is ranged vs melee. I'm sure there are far more helpful answers, but hopefully this helps you out a bit.

CrownofGold
05.18.2016 , 09:37 AM | #3
It really depends on your play style. Sniper does fairly well in OPs as they are a bursty turret class and they have that protective shield that protects the entire raid during high stress times like a burn phase, enrage, etc.

Operatives are great for the offheals and mobility and at one point was the premier healing class for Ops due to their multiple HOTs and sustained HPS.

It really depends on what you like. I personally get bored with Sniper because you just sit there and run your rotation over and over. Operative is a little more challenging so it keeps me on my toes.

For solo stuff it doesn't really matter what you play as long as you have a healing companion. They are very over powered right now so they can keep you up through just about anything. Snipers are great for dishing out high burst while you push your way through mobs but Operatives can stealth past most mobs and are better for finishing content faster since you can avoid most of the "hard work" needed to get from point A to point B.
Mia Goespewpewpewpew Pewpewpewpewpew, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
<Twi'lek Lives Matter>
The Harbinger

CrutchCricket
07.15.2016 , 02:07 PM | #4
I personally can't say no to stealth+heals so for me it's Op/Scoundrel every time. And I still love the stabby-stabby gameplay too. Just remember, operatives are more of a melee class than a range. Don't let the rifle confuse you.

Also I'm really digging healing FPs and an operative right now. Doing it just for fun.
"Baras, you ****! You bought your armor at the Portly Sith Lord's Used Gear Store! Ya cheapskate! I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!"

adamstiber
07.15.2016 , 05:09 PM | #5
Both are perfect choice for pvp. It depends if you prefer ranged combat or melee stealth class with off heals and mobility. Sniper is more like guard tower with huge dps output! I love to play them both.
The Red Eclipse