Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Concealment PvP help


sumquy's Avatar


sumquy
07.08.2016 , 10:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
That will change when you get to 65's. At your level, not everyone has all their tools, and both powertech DPS specs are late-bloomers for the most part. Although, the encounters I described were assuming equal skill and level 65. Most times.. people who play classes like PT or sorc are downright terrible, so keep that in mind.
ya i figured at least some of it would. yesterday, not 20 minutes after my post, i got beat by a jugg. it was close and i think if i hadn't underestimated him i could have won, but it was the first time that has happened and it caught me by surprise. lol.

one question: what are pvp focus concealment ops taking in the heroic tier? i already have the 2 second evasion on stealth out, but will need to decide between imperial tactics, revitalizers, and circumvention. i am leaning towards the revitalizers, but the circumvention looks pretty nice too.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

QuiveringPotato's Avatar


QuiveringPotato
07.08.2016 , 12:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
ya i figured at least some of it would. yesterday, not 20 minutes after my post, i got beat by a jugg. it was close and i think if i hadn't underestimated him i could have won, but it was the first time that has happened and it caught me by surprise. lol.

one question: what are pvp focus concealment ops taking in the heroic tier? i already have the 2 second evasion on stealth out, but will need to decide between imperial tactics, revitalizers, and circumvention. i am leaning towards the revitalizers, but the circumvention looks pretty nice too.
You don't really want Evasive Screen. It's useful for new players, but Evasive Imperative is a far better utility. You can use Evasion roughly every 20 seconds if you're always in a fight. Imperial Tactics is mostly worthless unless you're trolling in Lethality with the sever tendon root as well.

My usual utlities are:

Skillful: Chem-resistant Inlays, Slip Away, Infiltrator
Masterful: Counterstrike and Fortified Kolto (or Advanced Cloaking if you want more of a hit and run playstyle)
Heroic: Revitalizers and Evasive Imperative. I almost always take these two, but occasionally for duels I'll swap Imperative for Augmented Shields or Escape Plan.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

sumquy's Avatar


sumquy
07.13.2016 , 12:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
You don't really want Evasive Screen. It's useful for new players, but Evasive Imperative is a far better utility. You can use Evasion roughly every 20 seconds if you're always in a fight. Imperial Tactics is mostly worthless unless you're trolling in Lethality with the sever tendon root as well.

My usual utlities are:

Skillful: Chem-resistant Inlays, Slip Away, Infiltrator
Masterful: Counterstrike and Fortified Kolto (or Advanced Cloaking if you want more of a hit and run playstyle)
Heroic: Revitalizers and Evasive Imperative. I almost always take these two, but occasionally for duels I'll swap Imperative for Augmented Shields or Escape Plan.
so i have been playing for a week, and am now expert on the spec. . i have done a lot of swapping out various utilities and experimenting with them. several times, i have started a post to tell you why other utilities than the ones you listed were better, but luckily, good sense slapped me until i calmed down.
for the skillful tier i took hit and run since i don't feel that the 5% damage reduction on chem-resistant inlays is noticeable, while the speed boost is. meh. i did give up the fortified kolto for advanced cloaking and gave up my sedatives for counterstrike since i am getting more confident with the class. the top tier is the one that i have the most trouble with. i swapped out the cloaking screen for evasive imperative and that does seem to work pretty well. i also took revitalizers because that seems pretty strong, but what i really wanted was the circumvention. holotraverse is very awesome and i could definitely use another root break. i need 3 utilities in the top tier, who should i talk to about that?
my only complaint with the spec so far is the lack of burst. if i have volatile substance up, it does okay burst, but if i don't it seems weak sauce. i dropped most of my alacrity and swapped in power, and that helped a little, but i think that is as far as i can go with it. the rotation itself is super simple, so i don't think there is much to find there. the best way to describe it is i can get them to half health in around 3 globals, but am having difficulty finishing enemies off after they start popping defensives. how do i close the deal?
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.13.2016 , 04:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
my only complaint with the spec so far is the lack of burst. if i have volatile substance up, it does okay burst, but if i don't it seems weak sauce. i dropped most of my alacrity and swapped in power, and that helped a little, but i think that is as far as i can go with it. the rotation itself is super simple, so i don't think there is much to find there. the best way to describe it is i can get them to half health in around 3 globals, but am having difficulty finishing enemies off after they start popping defensives. how do i close the deal?
mostly you don't. you are not a burst spec, you kill them by outlasting them. that's why people get inlays and fortified kolto.

QuiveringPotato's Avatar


QuiveringPotato
07.15.2016 , 09:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
so i have been playing for a week, and am now expert on the spec.
No.

Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
for the skillful tier i took hit and run since i don't feel that the 5% damage reduction on chem-resistant inlays is noticeable, while the speed boost is. i swapped out the cloaking screen for evasive imperative and that does seem to work pretty well. i also took revitalizers because that seems pretty strong, but what i really wanted was the circumvention. holotraverse is very awesome and i could definitely use another root break. i need 3 utilities in the top tier, who should i talk to about that?
That's what infiltrator's for, fam. 5% DR is definitely noticeable. That's 5% less damage taken on EVERYTHING. Stacking this with Fortified Kolto gives you +11% damage reduction, which is nearing heavy armor levels of passive mitigation. With Revitalizers, this is +31%, and with a warzone adrenal, it's +46% in addition to the default DR you already have (which I believe is around 26%).

Holotraverse is a terribly buggy, unreliable ability. You shouldn't really need a 3rd rootbreaker if you're using the ones you have correctly. You should never rely on Holotraverse for anything, it's more likely to displace you or kill you than it is to work.

Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
having difficulty finishing enemies off after they start popping defensives. how do i close the deal?
You outlast them. Concealment is basically never going to get near top damage unless the enemy team is retarded, your team is retarded, or you're being severely carried by a tank/healer trinity comp. Focus on applying pressure to the proper targets at proper times if you're in a group fight, don't just stick on one guy and try to 100-0 him. And for 1v1's, like I said, just outlast them.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

sumquy's Avatar


sumquy
07.15.2016 , 01:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
No.
expert on how to noob it good?

Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
That's what infiltrator's for, fam. 5% DR is definitely noticeable. That's 5% less damage taken on EVERYTHING. Stacking this with Fortified Kolto gives you +11% damage reduction, which is nearing heavy armor levels of passive mitigation. With Revitalizers, this is +31%, and with a warzone adrenal, it's +46% in addition to the default DR you already have (which I believe is around 26%).
i'll think about this and experiment some more.

Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
Holotraverse is a terribly buggy, unreliable ability. You shouldn't really need a 3rd rootbreaker if you're using the ones you have correctly. You should never rely on Holotraverse for anything, it's more likely to displace you or kill you than it is to work.
in my experience it is not that bad. it does bug out from time to time and that is annoying, but it is awesome for moving between levels or if some one kites away a big gap. to me, it feels almost like the warriors force charge in play, and that is how i have been using it. another root break on it would be nice, but i am not willing to give up the other two utilities so, meh.

Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
You outlast them. Concealment is basically never going to get near top damage unless the enemy team is retarded, your team is retarded, or you're being severely carried by a tank/healer trinity comp. Focus on applying pressure to the proper targets at proper times if you're in a group fight, don't just stick on one guy and try to 100-0 him. And for 1v1's, like I said, just outlast them.
i'm not really looking for top damage. without any aoe, that would be an almost impossible goal. actual play is kind of weird, in that i can't really point to any one class as problematic, rather some individuals seem impossible for me to finish, while others from the same class go down hard and fast. going into a fight i almost never know if it is going to be an easy kill, or if i am going to have to run for my life with him still sitting at 60%, even though i am not doing anything different. the part that is weird about it is that there is almost never a middle ground. almost always, i rofl stomp them or i get stomped. except for against another op, i very rarely have a close fight, and i am not sure what to think about that.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
07.15.2016 , 04:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
i'm not really looking for top damage. without any aoe, that would be an almost impossible goal. actual play is kind of weird, in that i can't really point to any one class as problematic, rather some individuals seem impossible for me to finish, while others from the same class go down hard and fast. going into a fight i almost never know if it is going to be an easy kill, or if i am going to have to run for my life with him still sitting at 60%, even though i am not doing anything different. the part that is weird about it is that there is almost never a middle ground. almost always, i rofl stomp them or i get stomped. except for against another op, i very rarely have a close fight, and i am not sure what to think about that.
I'd suggest you make a lot of duels against every possible class - especially against classes you have problems with. I have the feeling you try to play it the way you play deception assassin. While we had that burst a long time ago now we don't and it's it's just not possible(or at least extremely hard) to burst someone with conc op unless you open on a half health target. You're basically playing a hybrid between a tank, healer and dps - no matter how ridiculous it may sound. Make sure to use debilitate mainly defensively unless you're sure you'll get the kill, keep both probes on you all the time you're out of stealth and try to roll all of the high damaging abilities.

About the utilities - both inlays and fort. kolto are godly. Add stim boost and you have more mitigation than a real tank. Combined with the roll you shouldn't take any major damage.Always try to initiate the fight somewhere where you could loss and cast infusion.