Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concelment Operative augmenting power

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Concelment Operative augmenting power

Quijoxte
06.18.2016 , 08:47 AM | #1
So I have read a lot of guides and info on gearing the operative and most of it says to have around 1180 crit and 830 alacrity, with only around 2400 power. Well I currently run around 350 alacrity, 675 crit and am sitting and over 3400 power and I crit often and for high amounts. I have tested both gear settings several times and I always parse higher with my high power build. Just wondering if anyone else has done anything similar with the same results.

sumquy
07.01.2016 , 10:02 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Quijoxte View Post
So I have read a lot of guides and info on gearing the operative and most of it says to have around 1180 crit and 830 alacrity, with only around 2400 power. Well I currently run around 350 alacrity, 675 crit and am sitting and over 3400 power and I crit often and for high amounts. I have tested both gear settings several times and I always parse higher with my high power build. Just wondering if anyone else has done anything similar with the same results.
individual results may vary, but the truth about gear is that it is the least relevant factor to dps. from a macro perspective a point of mastery is roughly equal to a point of power is roughly equal to a point of crit, which is roughly equal to a point of alacrity. this is not exactly correct, and becomes distorted by diminishing returns the higher you go, but close enough that it is going to be difficult to parse out differences without a very large sample size. essentially, this means that the important number is your stat total, not the individual breakdown. all of the obsession over tweaking individual stats in pursuit of the last possible 1% is typical of rpg and mmo, but in the case of swtor, is mostly wasted energy. in this game, more than most, your gear doesn't matter.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.